• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing the Subs

And can our new subs bring their kid brothers with them???

Have an AOPS deploy a couple of these equipped with towed arrays in support of a manned sub to expand the area they can patrol. There's even Canadian options as well.

I generally only got tired and had a headache. If I had a nap, I was good to go.

However, the older I got, the more sensitive to motion I became. I recall once on PRO coming back to ESQ from San Diego where we were very light and the ship was pitching- alot. The forward house (where the wardroom was) was a freight elevator to hell. I skipped breakfast/lunch/dinner that day and hung out in my rack- that was a bad day. The deck was Waaayyyyy out of limits (2 pitch, 4 roll were the limits: we were pitching through 15 with the occasional 20 that day), so we were not flying and I was not missing anything. Probably 10 years earlier, I would have shook that off.

Walking aft through the dispersal area to the hangar, you could feel the exact point when you hit the centre of moment for the ship. Everything was chaos in both directions- dead calm where you stood.
Long time ago I was standing Port wing watch with Provider just 200 meters ahead. We were in a full-on gale halfway to Alaska and every now and again I would watch Provider climb and then tip over a huge wave and her screws were turning in the air as she slid down the back side. That’s a lot of weight being thrown around.
Our little IRE was probably doing the same. It was the only time I can remember looking up at waves we were steaming into and if you looked aft it was very unnerving. Finally the CO told us to get off the wings and get inside the bridge, and that’s where I tossed everything.

And can our new subs bring their kid brothers with them???

Have an AOPS deploy a couple of these equipped with towed arrays in support of a manned sub to expand the area they can patrol. There's even Canadian options as well.
Quite a few other options from Cellula, including the Solus XR, with a 5000Km range. Canadian AUV tech takes a back seat to no one.

Also these guys:

Last edited:
For the Japanese to enter into the Arms Market with us as a buyer is likley to fail. They are inexperienced and we are nuts. From a negotiation POV, I think South Korea is much better placed to hold our hand and know when to say no early on.
If this was a typical Canadian procurement program where widescale "Canadianization" was on the table, I would generally agree. The Japanese are top notch ship designers and builders however, having them deal with much of the process we usually take would be a death sentence given their export experience. With Canada seemingly looking at a largely off the shelf design though, Japan's odds look far better than they would otherwise. I still think South Korea and especially Germany have better chances, but I wouldn't discount the Japanese as a contender just yet.

Back