• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replies to Honouring the Dead Without Hypocrisy

What more needs to be said?
Must go check out their website right now.....

Loses something when it degenerates into taking pot shots at the Conservatives based on only opinion that the stated reason is some sort of cover for a "real reason". I think it would be better to use the same standard for all parties and highlight concrete examples of where what they are saying now doesn't mesh with what they said and did in the past. Seems to also drift off the hypocrisy line to take another potshot at the Conservatives over lack of overt consultation on these issues.

Jack G and me disagree now and for quite some time into the future.

For him to state

"Then there is the real reason for the government’s press ban—the all too obvious concern that the attention paid the casualties will impact on the already shaky support for the Afghan War and, perhaps, hurt the government’s chances of re-election. There is some hypocrisy shaping the government’s actions."

suggests

he missed the fact they won the last election with a plan. Who ever you support electorally - a government and an election is run strategically and delivered tactically. One side had a plan that appealed to voters and other side didn't - they had advertising money (soldiers in streets video and other noz)

The flag issue - beyond protecting the privacy of the family - is the lamest opposition attempt to raise media coverage on the government at the height of the Hockey playoffs. Guess what the public will watch?

Maybe Jack would like to divine the strategy which I will suggest is

Under promise and over deliver good government - as simple as that, rather than the former PMs approach of "everything is a priority"

When the government gets a majority - then you should reasonably expect high value commitements - and not until.

Now that Jack G has had his turn you should get other commentators to chime in - Might I suggest the Defence people at the Fraser Institute - or the Strategic Studies Dept at the U of Calgary?

54/102 CEF said:
Now that Jack G has had his turn you should get other commentators to chime in - Might I suggest the Defence people at the Fraser Institute - or the Strategic Studies Dept at the U of Calgary?

They can contact me or someone has to reach out to them and have them contact me. The opportunities will be very limited.

54/102 CEF said:
"Then there is the real reason for the government’s press ban—the all too obvious concern that the attention paid the casualties will impact on the already shaky support for the Afghan War and, perhaps, hurt the government’s chances of re-election. There is some hypocrisy shaping the government’s actions."

54/102: The points you raise are valid but in no way do they invalidate what was written in that article. The Flag issue serves as an opportunity for multiple cross purposes for all groups but the dead.

whiskey601 said:
54/102: The points you raise are valid but in no way do they invalidate what was written in that article. The Flag issue serves as an opportunity for multiple cross purposes for all groups but the dead.

I would follow up by saying as long as the opposition is focussed that way they aren't coming back to power soon - the Lib Defence Critic should get some staff with brains.

I sent him a message when the article first came out last week. To my suprise and enjoyment he replied almost immediately. Our politicians should take a lesson.

The idea that the Canadian public is weak and doesn't support the Afghanistan effort is wildly overplayed. It's a typical straw man argument coming from the conservatives. They create a phony image of your average  "left wing" canadian as wanting to smoke pot and get outta the Stan in order to knock this "strawman"  down and use the political capital to promote their own agenda. Damn commies!

Buy into it at will..

recceguy said:
I'll take honest, practical government for $100.00 Alex!

BAM!!!

The Daily Double ;D

Have you taken a look at the new budget? Wooo hoo! more people in prison must equal a safer society! Lets build more prisons to put people in instead of getting more police! woo hoo!

In other news, "Four legs good, two legs bad".

Quote from CanuckTroop,
Have you taken a look at the new budget? Wooo hoo! more people in prison must equal a safer society! Lets build more prisons to put people in instead of getting more police! woo hoo!

Now you are in my league sunshine and your idiocy is showing real bad........let me guess, you know everything about those in prison also.

CanuckTroop said:

In other news, "Four legs good, two legs bad".

I've looked at it. Maybe you should too. More RCMP ........AND.........prisons. Sounds like win, win to me.

Maybe with the wolves in prison, the lieberal induced and educated sheeple will get off their four legs and onto those two 'bad' ones. It'll give us sheep dogs a break.

Sigh...just when you think CT is gone...there he is again on the next lateral...honking his horn.  CT buddy, I am thinking you are a cat that has used up 8 lives. 

About the thread...I think the government should listen to the Vet's and current serving members...our poor befuddled population has again been mis-informed by the past Liberal government and story-mongering media of today.  I do think the media coverage of ANY event, particularily that of our fallen soldiers returning to Canada, should be a decision made by the family.  Personally...I would want to just be rememeberd by my bud's in the Mess...everyone is different so let's leave it up to the ones who are most affected by it...the family.

We need to make the voices of the vet's heard and the troops serving today.  My 1/5th of a dime...

>Have you taken a look at the new budget? Wooo hoo! more people in prison must equal a safer society! Lets build more prisons to put people in instead of getting more police! woo hoo!

Damn that's a fine idea! Instead of spending thousands per year per resident to incarcerate provisionally honest people, we'll employ police officers to spend a few dollars' worth of paid time delivering stern lectures!

Brad Sallows said:
>Have you taken a look at the new budget? Wooo hoo! more people in prison must equal a safer society! Lets build more prisons to put people in instead of getting more police! woo hoo!

Damn that's a fine idea! Instead of spending thousands per year per resident to incarcerate provisionally honest people, we'll employ police officers to spend a few dollars' worth of paid time delivering stern lectures!

Hmm...can't seem to figure out whether you're being sarcastic or not.  Thread mixup perhaps?

CanuckTroop said:
What? That I'm well informed and on topic? No prob.

Keep it up and you'll be gone, slick.

Back