• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve BMQ and BMQ-L

JMei001 said:
Do you learn to use the Carl Gustav and frag grenades?

Unless it's changed since then, both those weapon systems were taken out of the PRes BMQ-L.

JMei001 said:
Also on my trade page website for Medical Assistant it says Soldier Qualification instead of BMQ (L), what's the difference?

The site hasn't properly updated the course lists for all trades. SQ hasn't existed in a long time now, it was replaced with the BMQ-Land course which is shorter. BMQ-L covers some of the same topics as SQ did though.

JMei001 said:
What do you learn on the BMQ (L) ?

Also on my trade page website for Medical Assistant it says Soldier Qualification instead of BMQ (L), what's the difference?

Soldier Qualification Course (Questions & Answers)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/23622.325
16 pages.

Reply #304 on: March 16, 2010
"I can confirm that the SQ is now called BMQ Land"

JMei001 can search Reserve BMQ Land discussions.

JMei001 said:
What do you learn on the BMQ (L) ? Do you learn to use the Carl Gustav and frag grenades?

For the BMQ Land here are the topics covered as per the latest training plan (dated 15 May 2017)

• Comply with the CAF Code of Values and Ethics;
• Engage Targets with the 5.56 mm LMG;
• Engage Targets with the 7.62 mm GPMG in the Light Role (Regular Force only);
• Engage Targets with the SRAAW(L) (Regular Force Only);
• Throw Fragmentation Grenades (Regular Force Only);
• Communicate with Tactical Communications Equipment;
• Perform Personal and Casualty Extraction from an Explosive Threat Area;
• Execute Offensive Operations;
• Execute Defensive Operations as a Rifleman in a Section;
• Execute Enabling Operations.

Hello, hope I'm on the right topic board.

Does a weekend reserve BMQ course run throughout the summer?

Read alot about the fulltime summer BMQ, and the weekend course that runs throughout the rest of year. Just wanted to see if a weekend BMQ was possible during the summer months.

Thanks!

Generally, no.  But if there's sufficient personnel available only in weekends, it could be possible (assuming instructor availability).

Back