• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve QL4 to Ontario Skilled Trades (310S)

FlightSergeantRose

Reaction score
I was a vtech from 2003-2010 and completed my QL4 in Edmonton before moving away to Alberta where there was no unit nearby, so I had to release. I lived in Alberta for 12 years and went through the process of trying to challenge the automotive service technician test, but the provincial government there would not consider reserve experience, only reg force, so I gave up.

Now that I am living in Ontario, Skilled Trades Ontario will consider reserve experience when applying to challenge the test. The problem I am having is I have no idea where I can get some of the information they want. I'm going to copy paste the email they sent me.

Upon reviewing the application you have submitted, we received an email from Credential Check, saying you are not qualify for the automatic TEA-DND approval as based on your MPRR, you do not hold a DP2 or QL5 corporal ranking. You are also qualify for the TEA fee waived exception however, must go through the regular TEA process. In order for us to proceed processing your application, please submit the following TEA documents :

• TEA Application (attached)
  • A valid issued government photo ID
  • Please submit a Reference Letter (past and current employer)
  • Please make sure that the employment letter submitted contains the following:
    1. A description of the work the company is involved in
    2. Start and end date of employment(s)

3. Job title/position
    4. The total number of hours of work experience in this trade (hands-on experience only)
    5. A complete description of your work experience and duties related to the trade you are applying for.
    The Training Standard for your trade can be a useful tool in determining your skills sets compared to the scope of the trade. Please visit Trades information - Skilled Trades Ontario for additional details.
    6. Signature of employer or supervisor, their contact information and work email address, and the letter must be dated.
    Please ensure the letter is on official company letterhead (or attach a business card if no company letterhead exists).

I've highlighted the information they want, but I have no idea how to get it. My task booklet that gets signed off by the boss (MWO Pettit R.J.) at 1 svc bn cannot be found at either my old units 18 svc and 21 svc. Because I have my course reports and completion certificate, would it be possible to get a copy of the task booklet for QL4 or its current equivalent?

Does anyone have contact info for someone that might be able to help?

Back