• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve RMS CLK's in the field

Newt

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone describe for me what duties a ResF RMS CLK does when their unit is in on Ex.? I realize that I'm making the assumption the RMS CLK's actually get to go into the field instead of settling in at the armoury for a weekend of photocopier drill.

Not that much different from what RegF clerk would do.  It depends a lot on your unit.  Everything from running a deployed OR, to being an extra body for QM, to En Force, to being an extra rifleman.

And yes, RMS Clks actually get into the field, but sometimes they have to stay behind and work rear party.  It's a lot more involved than just using a photocopier.  It all depends on what needs to get done at the time.  It is an extremely varied job.

Thank you Xena, that was the sort of response I was hoping for.

I am wondering if what I read is true. Can an RMS Clk be posted anywhere? Like a CFRC?

From the RMS info sheet:

Advanced Military Occupation Training and Specialty Training

Those who demonstrate the required ability and ambition may undertake advanced occupational training through
formal courses or on-the-job training as they progress in their careers. Specialty training may also be available.
Below are examples of training related to this occupation.

Advanced Military Occupation Courses
> Budgeting and Business Planning
> Civilian Personnel Management
> Personnel Management

Speciality Training Courses
> Public Fund Cashier Functions
> Financial Accounting and Audit
> Release Clerk
> RMS Deployed Operations
> Non-Public Funds Accounting
> Court Reporter

I read that about the trade. But I was wondering about other training for...

"When employed with army field units, they will experience operational living and working conditions
and the same hazards as combat troops."

I don't think RMS Clks get SQ, so just curious...

Thanks

If they are Land Environment then yes they do get SQ.

Awesome! I thought I was going to miss out on SQ.
I am not being sarcastic either.

I always like to be prepared. Who says I'm gonna work in a tent forever?

Back