• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve sup list

1RNBR

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been trying to come off the sup list now for almost two years, but clerks kept changing, or going on course or releasing or going on contract or CT to the regs. just spoke with the clerk and she is sending my info off to ottawa, so I am hoping to hear back soon, she said she would call back but i will just play the waiting game.  I went to the sup list 04apr03 and was told at that time if I got back in within 10 years that I wouldnt have to redo my basic or my MOC training, i would just have to requall on all my weapons.  Now I am being told that it is 5 years and will have to redo everything.  Does anyone know if this is grandfathered or not as I really dont want to have to redo all my training again, but if I have to I will would just rather not.  Anyone have any ideas? :salute: :cdn:

Well, I was in the same situation. Went to the SRR list in 97, considered joining back in 2003 but my situation changed. Then, in 2006 I initiated the process to CT to the PRes. After many delays and lost paperwork the process completed last November. Even though it finalized almost a year over the 10 yr limit, since I applied before the deadline everything was fine.
However, I will have to redo my phase trg (was granted CAP).

The key in my case was the new OR staff at the unit and my insistent calling (after my file was misplaced for the second time)

good luck

There is a rule that, someone who has been "OUT" has to redo if gone for 5 yrs or more BUT, IIRC, that's with reference to someone who released ... not necessarily someone who has been on Supp List.

Just stay on top with your unit - give em a call OR a visit on a regular basis - a squeeky wheel will always be the 1st to get the grease BUT, that having been said, the squeeky wheel could just as likely be changed & replaced - if it becomes a royal pain in the a**

I thought if you released it didnt matter if you wanted to rejoin a 20 years later or a week later you had to redo basic? but oh well i will wait and see, thanks for the the info though I hope your right :salute:

Trade specific knowledge fades over time.... even for the infantry >:D
so coming back off of Supp List isn,t supposed to be complicated (remember I say "supposed")
so... 5 yrs YES, 20 yrs NO

BTW.... regardless of what they offer you.... take it.
Once you are back in, you can always have your pers file's qualification reassessed all over again.

True enough, I'll redo my basic, sq, and trade qualification again if I have to, I would just rather not! lol :salute: :cdn:

1RNBR said:
True enough, I'll redo my basic, sq, and trade qualification again if I have to, I would just rather not! lol :salute: :cdn:
If you said that you have been trying to do it for at least 2 yrs, you may be granted more things. Depending on your experience before releasing you may be granted more quals - the people that make those decisions are pretty reasonable if you present what you think you should have in a logical way.

I was granted CAP but I would like to get some sort of refresher on some things since it has been a while and the knowledge and experience level has gone up exponentially since I left.

cheers,
Frank

Yeah like I do remember all the basic stuff, drill, cam and concealment, all the fun stuff, I would like a refresher on map reading and weapons, it hasnt been that long since I was out only 6 years pretty sure I can still do all the stuff would just like a little refresher, that's all I need, but I guess I will have to go with what the higher ups say!

Back