• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves Application - Officer

A

Andrew Baerg

Hi,

I am currently in the beginning stages of my application to reserves through the Royal Canadian Hussars out of Montreal. I am filling out the application online, however am slightly confused as to what training plan to select.

I completed my bachelor's degree and would like to apply as an officer. I have a full time job and would like to complete as much of training as possible on the weekends but my company does allow for unpaid leave for army training so I can also do it over the summers too.

All of that being said, what is the difference between the Reserve Entry Training Plan and the Reserve Entry Scheme Officer? What entry plan should I be selecting for my application?

Thanks alot in advance for your help

I have visited the RCH, have provided my ID papers along with transcripts and they have told me that the next step is to fill out the online application form.

It is in this online application form that I must choose an entry plan.

Good day,

For the Canadian Armed Forces Primary Reserve RESO (Reserve Entry Scheme Officer) and RETP (Reserve Entry Training Plan) are both entry plans for individuals that have not yet obtained their university degree. As you already have a university degree your entry plan on your Primary Reserve force application will be DEO (Direct Entry Officer).

Back