• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves Infantry BMQ

Saorse

Inactive
Reaction score
Heyy :)

Well, I just found out that after high school graduation, I owe July 2 - July 23 of my life to the Canadian Forces, for the Reserves unit 1 NSH in New Glasgow, NS. :) I'll be headed there for my BMQ, and it seems to be pretty intense! The man I spoke with gave a general idea of what it will be like, althoguh I'm wondering... can anyone help me prepare a bit mentally, at least, at what I might be expecting??  ::)

Hey there,

I'm pretty aware of 1 NSH training because i did my BMQ with them just this past winter. It was a joint 1 NSH and WNSR BMQ course that ran mostly out of Truro. my best guestimate is that you will do your BMQ in Camp Aldershot down here in the valley or maybe even Gagetown. When i went through Basic, the biggest thing was listening to what your instructors say, and pushing yourself as hard as you humanly can, and then going futher. Im sure you have lots of fun. if you have anymore questions just PM me.

Caleix

Practice getting dressed in the dark.

Practice going from your room, showering, shaving, getting dressed and back to your room in 5 or 6 minutes.

Practice only sleeping 5 or 6 hours a night.

Stop eating junk food, drinking pop and working at cutting down on the amount of food you eat per meal.

Just git'er done, it's that simple. Keep calm, and help out all you can. Make sure your section works as a team all the time. If you give 110%, the course will be a breeze.

A Sgt. at my unit actually said to eat as much as you can while on basic but avoid simple sugars and go for energy from protein and fat and to hydrate throughout the day not all at once.  As it happens, the same Sgt. is an instructor this summer in Chilliwack, which also happens to be the course i was told we (myself and my fellow new recruits at the 11th Fd Amb) would be going to.  :eek:

Back