• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reservist Parade Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbymedic

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, Im going to be getting into the reservists and I haven't been getting any answers but I was curious to know how many parade nights per month you must be in attendance. I ask this becasue I have also just recently joined a Judo club and they practice every Thursday the same night that the #2 Irish in Sudbury have their parade nights. Is it possible to go one place one night then the otherthe following week or do I have to be in attendance a ALL parade nights?

Thanks

Easiest way is to talk to the unit and explain your situation to them.  Don't skip too many nights though, or else you run the risk of being on non-effective strength.  Also, ask yourself if your Judo club cut into summer training/courses.

I'm also entering the reserves (Either 4RCR or 1H, can't quite decide yet.) I was wondering what exactly new recruits DO on training nights? I think 4RCR has an Untrained Platoon so I would be in attendance. But I have it on good authority that "you don't overly exist in 1H until you've finished you DP1" so I take it I wouldn't be in attendance with that unit. Any information people could give me on these units would be helpful, my friend in 4RCR told me to expect a Two month application time span form going into the recruiter's and being sworn in, is that correct? My birthday is in late May, can I apply when I turn 16 or will I have to wait until I've finished Grade ten in June? If I can get sworn in by September I was hoping to take my BMQ on weekends September through January, then my SQ on weekends January till June, then take my DP1 and another course in the summer. Is that do able? Until then anything I should be doing to prepare besides the obvious working out? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, I just didn't want to start a new thread when it wasn't needed.

Thanks so much, Stumpf

Welcome to the Forums. One of our features is the 'Search' function located in the top right corner. If you guys use this, and read all the amazing stuff about courses and recruiting, in the Recruiting Forum, you won't have to wait around here for answers.You can then spend all that extra time looking at the other great stuff we have posted here.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back