• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]

I am telling you that the NDI 75 is being replaced by the CF1 Canex Card, the NDI 75 is done.  You will need to use some other photo ID in conjunction with the CF 1 Card.  I didn't make this up...the CANFORGEN came out this week.  I do not have access to the CANFORGEN right now, but someone else out there will and will probably post the text of it to this forum.  If not I will post next week.

I was able to capture a copy of the CANFORGEN:

CANFORGEN 011/16 CMP 008/16 S 191728Z JAN 16
TRANSITION FROM THE RECORD OF SERVICE (NDI 75) CARD
UNCLASSIFIED
REFS: A. OP ORDER IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW CFONE CARD, 23 JUNE 2015
B. CFAO 15-2
C. MILITARY HUMAN RESOURCES RECORDS PROCEDURES
1. UNDERSTANDING THE NEED TO FULLY AND PROPERLY RECOGNIZE SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES (CAF) AND THEIR FAMILIES, THE CAF WILL TRANSITION FROM THE RECORD OF SERVICE CARD (NDI75) TO THE CFONE CARD AS THE RECOGNITION CARD OF CHOICE. AS PART OF THIS TRANSITION, THE CAF WILL CEASE PROCESSING OF THE NDI 75 EFFECTIVE 1 FEBRUARY, 2016
2. THE CFONE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CAF AND THEIR FAMILIES. VETERANS OF THE CAF WILL RECEIVE A SPECIALLY DESIGNED CARD THAT RIGHTFULLY DISTINGUISHES THEM AS A VETERAN OF THE CAF. DETAILS FOR HOW TO OBTAIN A CFONE CARD ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH CFMWS AND AT THE WEBSITE LOCATED AT WWW.CF1FC.CA
3. WHILE THE NDI 75 CARD WILL NO LONGER BE IN PRODUCTION, THE CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE DOCUMENTATION (DND 2279 OR CF 707 AND CF 54) WILL CONTINUE TO BE PROVIDED TO ALL RETIRING AND TRANSITIONING MEMBERS OF THE CAF AS THEY FINALIZE THEIR ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO DEPARTING THE CAF
4. RESPECTIVE URS WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THE DND 2279 AND CF 707 DOCUMENTS FOR MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 10 YEARS OF SERVICE (YOS) AND DMCA WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE CF 54 FOR MEMBERS WITH MORE THAN 10 YOS. FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE REFER TO COMMANDER MPC WEB PAGE OF THE MILITARY HUMAN RESOURCES RECORDS PROCEDURES PUBLICATION (MHRRP) HTTP://UPKPROD.DESC.MIL.CA/HRMSP/ENG/DATA/TOC.HTML
5. REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE NEW CFONE CARD WILL BE REDIRECTED TO CFMWS WHO WILL PROVIDE MORE DETAILS WITHIN THE COMING WEEKS

George Wallace said:
Anyone can get a CANEX Card.  What a friggin joke.

As I said:

2.  THE CFONE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CAF AND THEIR FAMILIES.

Anyone can get a CFONE Card; not just serving and former members.

George Wallace said:
Anyone can get a CFONE Card; not just serving and former members.

You're shooting the messenger, he's just stating whats on the CANFORGEN.

That being said, CFMWS is supposed to release details in the coming weeks, so hopefully there will be a redesign, or a picture on the back similar to the COSTCO card so it can be used like photo ID.

If there is a requirement for a card to identify individuals as veterans of the CAF, if only there was a department mandated to look after veterans of the CAF who could issue such a card.

This is part of electing a new government.

Harper wanted all Veterans photo ID each year.

Now we have this change.

PuckChaser said:
You're shooting the messenger, he's just stating whats on the CANFORGEN.

I am not shooting the messenger.  It is right there in para 2.  You do not have to be a serving or former member of the CAF; you can be a family member -- never having served.

This is a "Benefits/Points Card" for CANEX; not a "Record of Service".  Two different cards with two different purposes.  The absurdity of it all makes me wonder if we will we soon see the NDI 10, NDI 20, NDI 21 and others be replaced by a CFONE card in the future?

George Wallace said:
I am not shooting the messenger.  It is right there in para 2.  You do not have to be a serving or former member of the CAF; you can be a family member -- never having served.

This is a "Benefits/Points Card" for CANEX; not a "Record of Service".  Two different cards with two different purposes.  The absurdity of it all makes me wonder if we will we soon see the NDI 10, NDI 20, NDI 21 and others be replaced by a CFONE card in the future?

Don't give anymore ideas to the "good idea" fairy...... ;D

The NDI 75 was a shooting duck, waiting to be hit.

There are bonifide active security reasons for the NDI 10 and 20,
but veterans proving their service is not worth the same level of expense,
or "someone else (department) " should be paying this expense.

kratz said:
The NDI 75 was a shooting duck, waiting to be hit.

There are bonifide active security reasons for the NDI 10 and 20,
but veterans proving their service is not worth the same level of expense,
or "someone else (department) " should be paying this expense.

Actually it was a focal point for many whiners who had not done the time to earn one.

[Edit to add]

OH!...and to add: It is the CAF who keeps record of your Service and should issue such documents on Release, not some other organization or Department.

George Wallace said:
Actually it was a focal point for many whiners who had not done the time to earn one.

[Edit to add]

OH!...and to add: It is the CAF who keeps record of your Service and should issue such documents on Release, not some other organization or Department.

Absolutely, it should be completed by MP IDEN Sect as part of the release procedure and member is not released until they have it in hand with their final handshake.

Then again, fiefdoms keep the world go round. No reason why we couldn't combine the new 404s with the NDI 20, just a blank spot for "Classes" if you're not able to drive vehicles. Nope, we continue to print out double cards because the MPs wouldn't give the kingdom up.

George Wallace said:

[Edit to add]

Apparently, that vocal group won enough ears to discredit any commitment to service.

kratz said:
Apparently, that vocal group won enough ears to discredit any commitment to service.

As opposed to the vocal group who confuse length of service with quality of service?

Hmmm, this may explain why my NDI 75 did not qualify as "Government-issued photo ID" when flying through Pearson last week.

As I flashed my ROS card to the nice lady from Westjet...some hesitation...she turned to her colleague and stage-whispered something about some communique regarding the validity of this piece of plastic. With an eye to the line-up behind me, I issued my Canadian Standard "Sorry for the confusion!", and coughed-up my Manitoba DL. I guess I may as well throw my NDI 75 into the junk drawer, for all it will be worth in the future...

A quick scan of the CFOne "benefits"....Canex points? Gosh, where do I sign up!!!!

PuckChaser said:
Absolutely, it should be completed by MP IDEN Sect as part of the release procedure and member is not released until they have it in hand with their final handshake.

Then again, fiefdoms keep the world go round. No reason why we couldn't combine the new 404s with the NDI 20, just a blank spot for "Classes" if you're not able to drive vehicles. Nope, we continue to print out double cards because the MPs wouldn't give the kingdom up.
Sorry, not our "kingdom" to give up.  The ID world belongs to the Director General Defence Security and has for a few years now.  While ID remains co-located within most Guardhouses, that's a historical thing and not because we control them anymore, they work for the Base Commander and NDIS in Ottawa.

"We" don't print out double cards anyway; when the transport world went off on their own initiative to implement their own design for a 404, they contracted the design and manufacturing of it out to a civilian company. 

New CFOne Card available for veterans
By Lookout on Feb 10, 2016 with Comments 0

DND ~

Understanding the need to fully and properly recognize serving and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and their families, the CAF will transition from the record of service card (NDI75) to the CFOne Card as the recognition card of choice.

As part of this transition, the CAF will cease processing of the NDI 75 effective Feb. 1.

The CFOne Card will be available to all serving and former members of the CAF and their families. Veterans of the CAF will receive a specially designed card that rightfully distinguishes them as a veteran of the CAF. Details for how to obtain a CFOne Card are available through CFMWS and at the website located at www.cf1fc.ca

While the NDI 75 card will no longer be in production, the certificate of service documentation (DND 2279 or CF 707 and CF 54) will continue to be provided to all retiring and transitioning members of the CAF as they finalize their administrative requirements prior to departing the CAF.

Respective URS will continue to provide the DND 2279 and CF 707 documents for members with less than 10 years of service and DMCA will continue to provide CF 54 for members with more than 10 years of service.

For more details please refer to Commander MPC web page of the military human resources records procedures publication (MHRRP) http://upkprod.desc.mil.ca/hrmsp/eng/data/toc.html

Requests for information regarding the new CFOne Card will be redirected to CFMWS who will provide more details within the coming weeks.

http://www.lookoutnewspaper.com/new-cfone-card-available-veterans/

From the office of Minister of Veterans Affairs Canada:

"...the Government of Canada is committed to creating an official photo identification card that would be accessible to all Canadian Veterans and releasing Canadian Armed Forces members. Veterans Affairs Canada and the Department of National Defence are working closely together to develop options."

Back