• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Right-wingers are less intelligent than left-wingers: Study

Intelligence is a sign of treason. Just look at movies featuring artificial intelligence.

"In adulthood, the children were asked whether they agreed with statements such as, 'I wouldn't mind working with people from other races,' and 'I wouldn't mind if a family of a different race moved next door.'
They were also asked whether they agreed with statements about typically right-wing and socially conservative politics such as, 'Give law breakers stiffer sentences,' and 'Schools should teach children to obey authority.'
The researchers also compared their results against a 1986 American study which included tests of cognitive ability and questions assessing prejudice against homosexuals. "

Really??  Those are "typically right-wing" views??  This speaks more to the 'intelligence' of the Brock U clowns who published this crap.
So, to summarize... persons with right-wing views are deeply racist, hate homosexuals and believe schools should teach children to obey authority.  :facepalm:

exabedtech said:
So, to summarize... persons with right-wing views are deeply racist, hate homosexuals and believe schools should teach children to obey authority.

I wouldn't exactly expect a left wing liberal to hold those views. ::)

cupper said:
I wouldn't exactly expect a left wing liberal to hold those views. ::)

I wouldn't expect anyone to hold those views, yet the argument seems to be that if someone holds racist and authoritarian views, they must be right-wingers. 
The real argument here has nothing to do with right vs left, more to do with racist vs not as racist if those are the types of questions posed.  In this argument, yes i'd agree than the racist types tend not to be our greatest thinkers.

This  thread is a :trainwreck:. The subject wasn't worthy of discussion from the get go and it is certainly no more worthy now. There is no base line, no controls, no empirical data. It's like a poll. Designed to give the result the author wanted. Arguing and creating dissention, for or against, is producing the only effect that the study was designed for.

It's all "Sticks and stones, will break my bones" stuff.

Give it a rest.

exabedtech said:
I wouldn't expect anyone to hold those views, yet the argument seems to be that if someone holds racist and authoritarian views, they must be right-wingers. 
Naturally, because we all know that the Left is enlightened...

If the $901 billion deficit that Obama is proposing is any indication, it would appear that basic math and economics weren't taken into account when they did this study.

Also, you know what they say.... "if you can walk and talk, you can go to Brock".... there's a cruder version to this too. 

exabedtech said:

I've noticed that and always wondered if this stereo-type is pushed by the left on purpose.

Thucydides said:
So the ideal is a tall, red headed Asian  ;)

Ooooh! Could I have one of those? Preferably with the sexual appetite of a pagan priestess?

This is the opposite of what I would have guessed. I am fairly right wing and most left wingers I debate with seem to lacking in the iq department. All they know how to do is talk about how much they hate the rich.

Right or Left, the "true measure of brilliance lies in how much someone agrees with you."  ;)

As near as I can tell though, neither side of the political spectrum has cornered the market on dingbats.

Attributed to Abraham Lincoln:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Modern day interpretation: You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you can fool all the lefties all the time.

Rifleman62 said:
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln:

Modern day interpretation: You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you can fool all the lefties all the time.

Good one, Rfmn62.  ;D

If this "study" is even half true then the NDP are a bunch freaken Geniuses!!  :o

exabedtech said:
maybe i'll just stand back to the wall in the showers...  :whistle:

He's a Highlander, just don't wear a sheepskin jacket and you should be ok.  8)

Apparently this thread has now spiralled down to where it should be considering the original topic. ::)

Danjanou said:
Apparently this thread has now spiralled down to where it should be considering the original topic. ::)

Or you could just move it into Radio Chatter where it can spiral away.

Oh - right...

Back