• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Interviews

My interview took about 20 minutes tops. It really wasn't very stressful. I was told that the people who do ROTP selection in Borden now are the ones who do the 'Interview' they interview your application package that you send. That is why you have to write an essay to send along now. It helps them get to know you on paper at least.

^^

Is that after the 1st year of schooling? Because a few of us have been given ROTP offers and have accepted them. Is the interview for the specific MOC then?

Personally I had been partially done my first year of university. I also had applied for a specific MOC, however the interview didn't ask me a single thing about said MOC. They just asked a few general questions, packed them up with the rest of my file, and sent the whole thing to Borden. I got my job offer a few weeks later.

Wow, that is not at all what happened to me.  I applied as a junior applicant (due to age, graduating from a BC high school 2 years early through a special program) for RMC St. Jean and dropped off my application close to the January deadline (forget when exactly, my bad).  By the way, I applied through CFRC Vancouver.

Then, in late February, the recruiting centre called me to book a day for the CFAT, which I did very well on.  As I was about to leave the building, the receptionist person booked me for the medical and "interview" (although it was not at all what I expected) the day after.

I think I was supposed to do the medical first, but the people called me in for the "interview".  The "interviewer" just went over some things I had to sign and to make sure all my paperwork was in order (it was over in less than 20 minutes).

NOW, I am waiting for a call from CFRC Vancouver.  They told me they would start phoning sometime in March.  I am guessing that my application is going through the "second round".

Could anyone shed some light on this?  Was this what happened for you?  Or is it just that junior applicants go through a different process?

I am a senior applicant and you have gone through exactly the same process as I have so far, except that I was already called with a job offer now. You also applied later than I did. If you didn't do your CFAT ect until Feb then you would have missed the Feb selection process. You have to have finished your whole application by the deadline as far as I was aware. You might have to wait a bit longer, but don't worry. Just check back with the CFRC once in a while. The staff at Vancouver are really good.

I've found the interview process has changed over the last 4 years.

Back on 04, my interview was quite long, 1.5 hours roughly. We covered my application, my extra ciricular activites, hobbies, grades etc. Then she asked me some mock command scenarios, and how I, as a potential officer, would handle them. She also asked me about current events, where Canada has served overseas in the past and presently, what type of aircraft we have, and their roles (1st MOC choice was pilot). Also asked about the MOC training paths and what the jobs intale on a day to day basis.

The following years became quicker, I think that is because we had been though the big interview, and just needed to confirm what was in my file. This past year, I was asked about the specific MOC's I put down, and their training process.

This year we didn't actually do the usual PT test (stairs, situps, handgrip etc). I spent the whole week prior trying to rush my self to get back into shape, guess its for the best becaues I was pretty sore lol. Althought for the 2nd half of the medical, after the vision/hearing, the doctor asked me to do 20 pushups.

I had my interview back in 2006 and it was fairly long.  Took at least an hour and I was awake for 40 fourty hours at that time because of grad events.  I remember that I was asked about my different MOC choices what I thought they did, what I thought their training was and I was asked, since I was applying at a pilot, on how an aircraft flew.

Back