• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC: Is it a university or college?

Provided your spelling and grammar have improved by then. >:D

Also note that unless you go there under the Reserve plan where you pay your own tuition, room and board, you will have to serve your obligatory service before you can apply to other jobs.

ROTP is an entry plan into the CF.  RMC is an educational institution.

If you enrol under ROTP, you may or may not have to attend RMC - for example, if the program that you want to take is not offered at RMC (or there is insufficient room at RMC), then you may be allowed to attend a civilian university.  Bear in mind that some programs may not be acceptable to certain officer classifications.  For example, you wouldn't be able to take Marine Biology if you wanted to enrol as a Social Worker.  The CF has final say on what programs are acceptable.

Hold on...one second
First of all, what is CF?  ???

So I understand that I can get into ROTP without attending RMC.
But what ever you said after ( the last 3 sentences ), I do not understand a bit. ???

CF = Canadian Forces

All I was trying to get across to you was that you don't really have a choice whether you go to RMC or not.  If you want to join as a CELE officer, and plan on taking Computer Science as your degree, you will probably end up at RMC, as it is offered there.  Only if there were no room at RMC would you be allowed to take a civilian university program.  If you wanted to join as a Pharmacist Officer, then you WILL go to a civilian university, as Pharmacology is not offered at RMC.

There are MANY threads dealing with these topics.  Have you searched?

Obviously doubledawg did not do any search whatsoever. Also figured that he might as well start 2 threads on the same topic.

Take a few hours and read. Get familiar with the site and the acronyms used here....like CF.          ::)

The Army.ca Staff

Back