• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Rogue One: a Star Wars story" (official trailer released for Dec. 2016 movie)

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
The story of this film is said to come before the events of "Episode 4/Star Wars: a New Hope", or the destruction of the first Deathstar.

Rogue One: A Star Wars story (trailer)

Yahoo Movies

‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ First Trailer Is Here!
Yahoo Movies Staff
April 7, 2016

The first teaser for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is here! Good Morning America unveiled the first look at the initial Star Wars spinoff movie, which stands apart from the main saga and takes place after the events of The Revenge of the Sith, but before A New Hope.

The trailer zooms in right away on Felicity Jones’s character, Jyn Erso. As Jyn appears before Mon Mothma — the Rebel leader from Return of the Jedi and the prequels — we hear a list of crimes Jyn has committed: forgery of Imperial documents, possession of stolen property, aggravated assault, resisting arrest. Mon Mothma then helpfully lists all her Han Solo-ish qualities for us: reckless, aggressive, undisciplined. And Jyn responds in a most Han Solo way: “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel."

(...SNIPPED)

I'm really looking forward to this. I've been a Star Wars nerd pretty much my whole life, and I love the different tack theyre taking with this one. Some of the production crew (photography, effects) did stuff like Zero Dark Thirty, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private yan, and Gladiator. Theyre going for a more boots on the ground' look on this one. Should be awesome.

How is a whole new Star Wars movie coming out, and this is the first any of us nerds have heard of it!?

I have enough spare time on my hands, I like to think I have a pretty good grip on when the new Star Treks, Star Wars, etc - movies are coming out.  Did this one get completely and totally eclipsed by the big release a few months ago?

Looks awesome, can't wait.

Brihard said:
I'm really looking forward to this. I've been a Star Wars nerd pretty much my whole life, and I love the different tack theyre taking with this one. Some of the production crew (photography, effects) did stuff like Zero Dark Thirty, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private yan, and Gladiator. Theyre going for a more boots on the ground' look on this one. Should be awesome.

Unless you got the special Boba Fett action figure by sending in proofs-of-purchase for other figures back in the late '70s, you will always be Padwan, never Master.

(I never got it.  My friend who also had the Death Star playset, including the trash compactor with foam trash and a dianoga, did get it)

CBH99 said:
How is a whole new Star Wars movie coming out, and this is the first any of us nerds have heard of it!?

I have enough spare time on my hands, I like to think I have a pretty good grip on when the new Star Treks, Star Wars, etc - movies are coming out.  Did this one get completely and totally eclipsed by the big release a few months ago?

Looks awesome, can't wait.

I take offence, good Sir!

I was well aware that this was coming. When Disney purchased Lucas Arts a couple years ago, they announced that they would be making 3 sequels to the original trilogy, as well as 3 stand-alone movies. The would be releasing the sequels every 2 years or so, with the stand-alones in between.  Basically, 6-8 years of near solid Star Wars movie releases.

The trailer reminds me a bit of how the originals were filmed and the new force awakens was done. Not all cgi'ed to hell like 1, 2, and 3
Could be good.....number 8 should be filming right now as well :)

Lumber said:
I take offence, good Sir!

I was well aware that this was coming. When Disney purchased Lucas Arts a couple years ago, they announced that they would be making 3 sequels to the original trilogy, as well as 3 stand-alone movies. The would be releasing the sequels every 2 years or so, with the stand-alones in between.  Basically, 6-8 years of near solid Star Wars movie releases.

Well h.o.l.y. s**t...tonight feels like Christmas time all over again  :nod:

A young Han Solo for "Rogue One"?

Deadline.com

Alden Ehrenreich Emerges As Front-Runner For Han Solo Film

deadline.com
April 13, 2016

After screens tests that narrowed down the field of possible actors portraying Han Solo for the stand-alone movie in the Star Wars universe, Alden Ehrenreich has emerged as the front-runner for the coveted role. The casting of this character has been shrouded in secrecy — to the point of it being referred to as project Red Cup (get it? Solo cups). After screen tests, it was narrowed down to only a handful of actors that included Taron Egerton and Jack Reynor. However, sources with knowledge of the casting process, said that Ehrenreich is now leading the pack after after an impressive performance.

The newcomer is also the lead in Warren Beatty’s yet untitled “Howard Hughes project” which will receive a fall release from Fox this year. The 26 year-old actor also gave a stand-out performance this year in Hail, Caesar!

(...SNIPPED)

Much better with Beastie.

This teaser trailer looks good too.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story teaser    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf0OfAH1bk8

Final trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

AbdullahD said:
That looks awesome :)

I doubt it will ever come close to Emprie Strikes Back, but...it looks like it will come very very close.

Back