• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

For the enrollment and few weeks of training/orientation in August. I visited CFRC Kitchener yesterday to have my file transferred down from CFRC Ottawa since I will be home in Guelph for the summer. They said that the likely enrollement date for Kitchener is July 20th-21st and also the FYOP on the 31st. Although I am Civvy U at Carleton they also said it is likely we will be sent to St-Jean for the FYOP. So hopefully a heads up for anyone else pondering dates and locations.

Hope this helps.

My brother left for Mini Basic last yr on the 4th August, the first week was at his ULO ....so wherever you are at Civvy University ie London Ontario . Then  you join up with the RMC guys  for 2 weeks for your introduction to Basic, if your Civvie your back home for a couple of weeks until your school starts, but RMC of course stays there the whole time..........So apart from Swearing in you have until approx August to enjoy your summer.

Its hard to believe that in the space of the next seven days, I will be finding out if all of the work and hoops I have jumped so far due to all of my fetch-ups during the application process and medical has paid off. I'm prepared to accept it if it is not a favorable ruling, but I'm really hoping that it is in my favor. I heard from my File Manager last time we spoke that the selections were supposed to happen over this week, so I can substantiate the previous claim that we should hear back early next week.

If you don't hear back next week, do not lose hope. Call them at the end of the week and see what the status is, if they do not have any news, than its better than having them tell you you were not selected, as some people might not accept offers this round, meaning a very small number in each trade with positions still open will likely be called later in the summer.

It feels like Christmas right now. Lets hope we all get what we asked for.

Hey,

I called my recruiting center today as I had some questions about school, and she said that it could still be a few weeks until we get contacted - hopefully sooner - but just not to get your hopes up waiting for a call this week basically.  But I know they're not allowed really to go into a lot of detail and can only give semi-vague answers.

Hopefully some have heard back already!

I was accepted ROTP for a civilian university and I received the letter from CFRC Toronto today confirming my enrolment (July 14, 2010) and FYOP dates (August 15 - 28, 2010 @ RMCC Kingston). It also stated that I need to report to the "local Support Base" from August 10 - 13, 2010. Hopefully this info helps out any of the other civilian university ROTP applicants out there.

Thanks for the info that's awesome! Congrats on your acceptance!

I know the military pays moving fees for its members...so I'm going to assume that our move to whichever school we're going to is going to be paid for as well?  Please correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption - I haven't found anything stating it either way for ROTP members.

ScotiaGirl - I highly doubt that would be the case, especially considering you would be making that move 8 times in your undergraduate career. If I am wrong in that assumption, anyone please feel free to enlighten me.

ScotiaGirl said:
Thanks for the info that's awesome! Congrats on your acceptance!

I know the military pays moving fees for its members...so I'm going to assume that our move to whichever school we're going to is going to be paid for as well?  Please correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption - I haven't found anything stating it either way for ROTP members.

Sorry, I don't know. I picked a school that is close to my house. What uni are you considering?

University of Ottawa!  And I currently live in Halifax :)
I guess I was not thinking about all the other summers!!  I was just thinking move there this fall and then stay there through all the degree...and just going elsewhere for the summer...keeping all my stuff in Ottawa!  I doubt I'll live in residence...but who knows!

Where is everyone planning on going?

ScotiaGirl said:
University of Ottawa!  And I currently live in Halifax :)
I guess I was not thinking about all the other summers!!  I was just thinking move there this fall and then stay there through all the degree...and just going elsewhere for the summer...keeping all my stuff in Ottawa!  I doubt I'll live in residence...but who knows!

Where is everyone planning on going?

If you live in Residence, it will only be for the period of your school term, not for the period of your Degree.  You will in all likelihood have a different room each term, not a permanent room for three or four years.  Maintaining an apartment or house for a period of three or four years is also expensive, especially if you will only live in it for eight months of a year.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Hopefully I will hear back on Monday! If not maybe I'll give my CFRC a call since I will be off to Kingston for about a week to visit my parents and am currently in Halifax. For those of you who were accepted, did they tell you the deadline to respond on the offer? I don't want to be away if notification is via letter, and get back a week later and miss the window to respond.

Did anyone from the region of Ottawa hear back from the recruiting center after getting the called to tell them they were accepted into ROTP? I was called about a month ago and was told by the recruiter that I would be hearing back the next week for enrollment dates but I haven't heard a thing. I tried sending her a couple emails and got no response.

I will also be doing civil ROTP through UOttawa next year, in civil engineering.

Thanks in advance

Jeremy Chubbs

Chubbs said:
Did anyone from the region of Ottawa hear back from the recruiting center after getting the called to tell them they were accepted into ROTP? I was called about a month ago and was told by the recruiter that I would be hearing back the next week for enrollment dates but I haven't heard a thing. I tried sending her a couple emails and got no response.

I will also be doing civil ROTP through UOttawa next year, in civil engineering.

Thanks in advance

Jeremy Chubbs

Call your file manager and if they don't pick up then leave a detailed message or at minimum a number where they can call you back. The cpl i had for my file often was not at the phone when I called (mainly my fault for calling at odd times such as midday. But...he always returned my calls promptly when I left a number for him to reach me at that day.  I hope that helps. Now I will be dealing with the Kitchener Det for my file but that was my experience at Ottawa and they were very good at accomodating me.

good luck.

I called a few days ago also. However they did not know when my dates where either.
2010Newbie posted in the application process samples that he received mail with his dates.
So I will be visiting my mailbox everyday this week in hopes that my mail will have arrived.

Finally received an email about training start & enrollment ceremony dates, but still no massive info package in the mail.  Is this the case for everyone in the BC area?

I'm curious about the Quebec area. I heard about interviews that are reported because of the new budget. Is there someone of the Quebec area who had news from the recuting center about RMC?

thank you!

I'm curious about the Quebec area. I heard about interviews that are reported because of the new budget. Is there someone of the Quebec area who had news from the recuting center about RMC?

thank you!

Are you talking about receiving news from the Second Selection board or the First one ? If it's about the First one, I do. Received my offer on March 17th, they called me back last Friday about the dates I would have to get to RMC St-Jean. If you need some more information or something, please send me a PM and I'll be able to answer your questions.

Greg

calamityjoe said:
I'm curious about the Quebec area. I heard about interviews that are reported because of the new budget. Is there someone of the Quebec area who had news from the recruiting center about RMC?

thank you!

I have no idea about interviews being delayed but I can tell you about aptitude tests being delayed for an indefinite period of time. This is an order that came from Ottawa (HQ) and that concerns only the province of Quebec.
This "red flag" on aptitude tests DOES NOT concern those who had their appointments scheduled before the 15th of April (i.e. You called on the 10th of February to have an appointment, they gave you the date).
Everyone who called on the 15th... now has to wait.
I was suppose to redo my aptitude test and I now have to wait along with everybody else.

Has per the reasons? Only speculations as even my recruiter couldn't tell me why this is the case. Unofficially could be budget, could be that the CF reached their quotas as per the amount of military personal they need etc... Only someone well informed can tell us.

Alea

Back