• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Smackimus said:
By the way, for future cadets still waiting for some sort of acceptance package or something in the mail, my local CFRC called me this morning and told me that they will NOT be sending stuff out in the mail, instead all the info we'll need can be found here:

http://www.rmc.ca/ji-ir/ji-ir-eng.asp#rc-cr

Anyone else having issues with the RMC website? I can't access it....

anenggcam said:
Does anyone know what Recruit camp is? like where is it? Do we do the express test? Were uniforms? Like what is it because if you are going to Civi university you still have to do the full 15 week Basic officer. I am very confused, i have learned more on this form than i have from my CFRC.

Recruit camp is from the day you get there until FYOP starts (of course people going Civi-U will leave by FYOP). The camp is intended to get recruits accustomed to military life (mess, wake up early, PT, room inspections, etc etc). I do believe during this period we will have to be wearing dress clothes (from what I gather from the supply list that is available on the RMC website under joining instructions). During the recruit camp, we will be assessed on our leadership skills and other qualities.

Smackimus said:
That's strange, I guess each individual CFRC have their own ways of doing things. I've already been booked to sign more papers on June 29th and to have my official enrollment ceremony aboard the HMCS Vancouver on July 1st, and I'm guessing I'll be hooked up with more info then. I'm working out of CFRC New Westminster, BC.

And just out of curiosity, what was included in your package that wasn't available online??

Thanks in advance.

Wow your swearing-in is quite early. Mine is on July 22nd and I'll have to come in on the 21st to sign papers, etc. Still not sure what will be in the package yet. ;D I am going to pick it up in person on this upcoming Tuesday because I CANNOT wait for it in the mail....... The recruiting center did say that I will be getting my travel info on the 21st of July.

westcoastboy said:
The 2 weeks before you attend University is a mini boot camp in Kingston and one week before that at your local ULA local for your University

What is ULA??

Sorry ULO  University Liaison Officer  this is where you report to during the time your in University for expenses , flights, anything you do or need has to go through your ULA

So I phoned my local CFRC (as many of us are doing) to try and get some answers.
My enrollment date is now Wed. July 21st, not the 31st.
And apparently that is all I need to know for now.
I get all of the other info on that date.
It is all so much easier to understand now (sarcasm).

Hey guys -- so I did not get picked up on the second round. I was told to hold out in case people refuse offers, which is cool, but for all intents and purposes, I am out of the running and will be doing DEO in a year and a half when I'm done my degree, or possibly a bit after that. I did however apparently have reserve offers waiting that were put on hold until after the ROTP selections were done. My file manager contacted those units for me, which was amazing since she clearly went above and beyond her duties to help me out. I had a call within 20 minutes of getting off the phone with her. Looks like I will be doing Basic this summer as a Reserve NCM, Medical Technician.

While I was really hoping for ROTP, I am glad things worked out this way... money is tight for me and has been through my degree, but I'm now working a good civi job at 20$/hr, going to school part time until I finish, and doing the reserve thing. Who knows, maybe I will find that the Med Tech life is the life for me, since I have thought about SAR Tech since I was young.

Good luck everyone, hope its everything you hope for and good luck with your studies.

Sorry to hear about the door closing Murch but glad to hear it opened you a window.

Best of Luck.

I sent an email to my recruiter letting him know when I will be back in New Brunswick, and asking how I will be getting to Montreal.  He informed that the RC will arrange all travel to Montreal, so that was a relief.  If anyone was wondering about that, there's the answer.

Hi, I'm out of Winnipeg, Manitoba and I just got my package today for ROTP (I went to pick it up in person, can't wait another week for it when I can just go pick it up in 20mins). So to solve everyones curiosity on what exactly is in the package I'll describe everything that is in it! :)

Package Contains the following (might vary from region to region):
-An official letter stating that you have been selected for the ROTP plan for the CF. Also includes the terms of ROTP (have to graduate etc etc) and also explains your swearing in process, location, etc.
-After that you have the joining instructions. They were exactly the same from the RMC website. That alone was like 1 cm thick.
-After that, you have instructions on how to fill out some sheets. Supplementary death benefit plan, leave without pay, MFRC contact, long security, and a Will are what is needed to be filled out.
-You get 2 brochures for Bank of Montreal (there is a military bank there as well as BMO) one of which gets you a $25 gift card at the Canex! :O
-Welcome to the Canadian forces family brochure and DVD.
-FAQ sheet. Q & A on the most frequently asked questions about enrollment.
-And a booklet on "Newcomer's Guide To Winnipeg"..........even though I'll be leaving for Kingston.

I was not given two more sheets as the recruiting center hasn't gotten them yet.

Hope this quenched some questions out there!! :)

If you need additional details, feel free to add me on MSN: jasonfan888@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Soon to be Ocdt. Fan
Aerospace Controller
Engineering
RMC-Kingston

Thanks fanman!

nice to know whats in it.
I just wish that i would get more than just a date.

Wow nice update Fanman thx.

I think I'll be calling the CFRC this week to see if I'll get one of these or not.

No problem. Just saw a lot of people stressing over this issue. I myself needed a date to book plane tickets to visit family, but too late now.

Well, I just phoned CFRC. It was confirmed that I can't get my second set of interviews done for Signals and Air Combat Systems, since the deadline passed three days ago. HOWEVER, the good news is that CFRC told me that they can save my CFAT and medical results and that stuff, so when I can reapply 3 months from now, I'll already be halfway done the application process ;D

So, for you guys who got in: I wish you good luck, and I hope you have a wonderful experience at RMC or wherever you're going.  :)

I'm sorry for you PrairieBoy, but I wish you the best for next year
Who knows, maybe we'll see eachother in two years from now

Good luck

Maybe we will! Don't worry about it Hamegreg, I'm actually pretty pleased with how things turned out. Mind you, it's not perfect, but it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

Yea, i don't even have the enrollment date yet from my CFRC. Today i tried calling but i kept getting the automated system, and couldn't get a person on the line...it kept reverting back to the automated system. I guess i'll try again on Monday. My RC is CFRC Toronto.

I received some information through email today that I thought I'd share. I was sent info stating that all Civi U candidates selected from Western Canada and Ontario will be arriving at RMC Kingston on August 14th for their Recruit Camp. It's not a lot of information but it's nice to finally have some info.

Got my package today, report to ASU London to meet the Liason Officer, Aug 9-13th, then off to RMC Kingston for the 14th-28th of August. Leave for home on the 29th as I am in Civi U.  I am out of CFRC Hamilton so i'm assuming that the majority of people from west of there is going to be on the same schedule. Hope this helps with planning and what not.

Back