• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

I went to the CFRC today. I was pleased to learn that they had kept my file open, so all I had to do was give them my updated transcript of marks, and then fill out a new RMC academic questionnaire. Tomorrow, I'll hand in that questionnaire, and schedule a new interview  ;D

Hey guys, went to the CFRC today. My file was lost lol. So now I have to redo all my paper work, but I'm actually happy about it because I feel like I'm starting fresh with everything as relevant as possible. How's everyone else doing?

nairna said:
Hey guys, went to the CFRC today. My file was lost lol. So now I have to redo all my paper work, but I'm actually happy about it because I feel like I'm starting fresh with everything as relevant as possible. How's everyone else doing?

I don't know how many times I have recommended it:  Always keep a copy!

Always keep a personal file with copies of all your forms, Course Reports, Certificates, Posting messages, Pay Docs, Travel Claims/Orders, Route Letters, MPRRs, etc.  With the state of the RMS Trade these days, there is always a possibility of mistakes or lost docs.

First day back to school today! The pressure is building as my anticipation grows of the coming months for my ROTP application.

Just a question for everyone, is anyone from the Toronto area applying this year on here? Or even anyone from Ryerson?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey guys! I'm going to be applying for ROTP as well. I've been through the process before, so hopefully there's no more speed bumps this time! I'm a first year Pharmacy student, so I'll be applying for pharmacist (obviously) and MARS as my back up in case I'm not happy with the pharmacy idea.

Hopefully I'll manage to get my paper work in before the end of the month!

X

What needs to be done to reapply exactly? I have quite a bit more work and school experience since last year. AFAIK my file is still open and was told to reapply by my recruiter. I live now in Vancouver going to UBC I originally applied when I was working/living in Toronto.

Visit a recruiting centre in Vancouver and have them request your file be sent from Toronto. It will save you some hassle compared to doing a full new application.  They will outline the procedure though at the RC.

Hey everyone! I have been looking around this site for awhile now and thought I should finally post something, so here goes my first post.

I am applying for ROTP as well this year for the Royal Military College and Intelligence Officer as my first choices. I just handed in my application on Tuesday (the 14th) and was prepared to have to wait forever to get a call, but I must just be really lucky because two days later (the 16th), I get a call from the recruiting centre to come in for the aptitude test, medical, and interview on the 30th of September. Now all I can do is wait for the 30th and keep my nerves at bay!

Congrats.

The application process can be long and drawn out, so it's good that you have it all started early. Getting it done before Christmas should ensure no one looses your file during pre-christmas break piss-up (jk).  :cheers:

Good luck.

Hey everyone, good to see so many new posts being added! I have a question for anyone who may have already completed their application or anyone who was accepted to ROTP last round. What did you guys write about for the last question on the ROTP questionnaire " why do you want to be in ROTP" did you guys write about yourself and your experiences? Or simply the reasons why you wanted to be in it? And roughly how long is acceptable without over doing it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hey nairna, for the last question I simply just wrote why I wanted to attend RMC and it ended up being about a page and a half long. Whether it was too long or short I have no idea, but they do give you two pages so I figured it was long enough. 

Try to explain your desires to be a member of the forces and how you and them benefit from your acceptance.  It's like a short resume of your life as it pertains to the CF.  Atleast that is what I did.

Hi all!

A little bit about me: I'm a 22 years old meteorology student living in Montréal. I started my civilian pilot training a bit less than 2 years ago when I was mistakenly told by a recruiter (the day came to apply for ROTP-RMC) that the CF were not hiring any pilots and would not either in the following years. Flying for something else than the CF was really not my first choice, but at the time I thought there was no other choice as far as flying goes. I have flown around 170 hours on a couple of different airplanes and wrote my Commercial Written Exam. I'm not going to apply for the Commercial Licence since I want a safety net (to be able to apply the following year) in case I fail at Trenton ASC.

I applied for Pilot through ROTP (civi-U) on May 13th (the day after I learned that the CF did actually hire a couple of pilots!) in Montréal CFRC, but it was obviously too late for 2010-2011. I was finally contacted today and will write the CFAT on Sept 28th. Anyone else applying in Montréal?

Good luck to everyone, and keep on giving updates, it's encouraging!

Olivier
P.S. If I made writing mistakes, feel free to correct me in a personal message. English is not my first language, but I try to work on it.

Hey, I'm new to the forum, but when is the deadline for selection into ROTP? I'm applying for Pilot first choice, Engineer second. I'm currently at U of Calgary first year, but am looking to apply to the RMC for next year. So if the selection process is before the start of the winter semester, I can change my courses to ones that are transferable to RMC; also it would be nice to know if you are accepted earlier.

Second questions is that it says on the Pilot information form that if you are fortunate to be accepted for a pilot, but fail your ASC, then your second choice will be granted should a position be available. So if I were accepted to pilot (fingers crossed) and did not pass the ASC, what are my chances of still making ROTP as an engineer? Is it likely or unlikely. It's nice to know to keep options open just in case.

Just as far as acceptance goes, I'm curious where I stand, so here's my info:
-Graduated highschool as an IB student, 93% average, 33 IB score
-Long athletic history, 13 soccer, 13 hockey, 8 rugby, 4 basketball, 4 football, 3 track and 2 lacrosse. As for leadership, I was captain of 3 years rugby, 3 years football, 1 year basketball, 1 year track and assist. capt 2 years hockey. I also had my NLS (Lifeguard) but sadly that expired before I got my update in May.
-I was given the Boys Athletic Association award for athletic leadership, Jr Rugby Award and Jr Football Award
-Currently playing varisty football for the University of Calgary
-I have taken 8 years of french in school (non-immersion), and can speak,read, write well but definitely not fluent
-I play guitar and can play sax (I think the application said that was important)
-I had a part time job for 3 years at McDonald's
-Volunteered 350+ hours at local hospital, 80 hours in rural Costa Rica, 25 hours for Canadian Canoe Museum
-Spare time: running, reading, riding horses, camping/outdoor activites, swimming

I don't know what other applicants have but please let me know where I might stand, as I know it's very competitive.

Thanks!

JRM4 said:
So if I were accepted to pilot (fingers crossed) and did not pass the ASC, what are my chances of still making ROTP as an engineer?

You need to pass ASC to be accepted as pilot. I received my offer AFTER passing ASC. In speaking with other ROTP candidates during the recruit camp this year, there were a few that had Pilot as their first choice, passed ASC, but were then given their second/third choices for the offer.

There are a lot of good threads about pilot if you look around. I found this thread helpful in understanding process and timings:

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/13064.1860.html

And for your "chances", you have just as much chance as the next person. Read through the ROTP 2010/2011 thread because I'm sure there are questions there very similar to yours.

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/85728.0;topicseen

Good Luck.

Hey guys,

This will be my second (and hopefully last) year applying for the ROTP program. I was real close last year, according to my CFRC, but barely missed the cut. I figure this year, as well as applying for RMC, I'll apply for a few civilian universities.

That being said, anything I can do this time around to help my chances out? I REALLY don't want to miss out on this great opportunity!

Hey guys;

Got my application for ROTP in on September 10th. My choices are pilot, combat engineer, and ACSO, in that order. I am currently at a civvy uni, but it's my greatest desire to go to RMC next fall. This is my first application, but I have been preparing for it since early this year, and I am hoping everything is in order and that there are no issues.

Has anybody who has got their application in already heard anything back from their CFRC yet?

Thanks a bunch, and I hope to maybe see some of you at BMOQ.

Hey everyone,

I was finally able to complete all my paper work and the ROTP questionaire form that had me stumped for quite some time. I did not know what to write. I eventually just wrote as honestly as I could and detailed why I want to be and Officer Cadet, and why I am a suitable candidate (it ended up being longer than my typical essay for class lol).

So today at 1300 I will be bringing my papers in and hopefully getting everything booked and organized.

It has been a very busy first month back at school with working two jobs, volunteering, studying, and my martial arts. The days have been passing me by so fast. It will be April and the selection process will be starting and I wont even know where all my time went! lol.

I hope everyone is doing well and preparing themselves as best they can for their applications. Keep posting your experiences, and any new comers, please feel free to ask or post!

Till then,

nairna

Hey everyone,

So I just heard some disheartening news in that ROTP will be accepting 20% less applicants this year for Civvy U. :S

Has anyone heard anything like this as well? It makes sense since so many trades are full, but it is still a little bit saddening.

What does everyone think?

pudd13 said:
Has anybody who has got their application in already heard anything back from their CFRC yet?

Yep! See the last post on the fifth page of this thread. They called me to schedule my CFAT. I'll be at Montréal CRFC next tuesday at 0730 to see if I met the minimums to be an officer.
My first and only choice was pilot. I applied for Civi-U, but if they offer me to go to RMC instead, I'll accept for sure.

I have a question for you all. A lot of people say they are "getting ready" to apply, or that they "worked on their application for the past year"; what do you mean by that? For me it's quite simple: I go to school full time, I work to pay the rent, the food and the occasional flying, and I do a bit of sport when I have time. What are you doing exactly to "get ready"?

Back