• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Congrats to all who have received acceptance news so far.  As you all can imagine, there are many files and it may take several days to contact all those being given an offer.

For those going the CT route, have patience, it usually takes several weeks longer because there is the additional step of consolidating offers through the component transfer section in MILPERSCOM...

JRBond said:
If I'm not mistaken you will receive a letter from the Director of Military Careers (DMILC7).

They may also get a call to the transferees as well, but the letter is the official means of notifying those CF members applying to ROTP of their acceptance.

Sapper01 said:
A letter? Thats brutal. I thought even the CF was beyond that. Ah well, thank you kindly for the heads up.

Letter - brutal?  ???  How is a letter brutal? 

Although considered by some to be "old school", letters are formal things you can hold on to and appreciate for a long time.  In addition to my original ROTP acceptance letter I received back in the mid-80's, I have also received letters from my chain-of-command for my promotions, service decorations and commendations...I don't have them framed, but it is nice to have them as a personalized reminder of the accomplishment or occasion for which they were issued.

For those who have not yet received acknowledgement of your acceptance, be patient, hopefully you receive good news soon.

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
Letter - brutal?  ???  How is a letter brutal? 

I just meant additional waiting is going to be rough. I do understand what you mean about how it's something nice to hold onto.

Comgrats to everyone who was accepted. Did anyone receive any offers for armour officer? I'm still waiting on CFRC Kitchener for the results. Hopefully Monday will be the day!!

Since I took the Component Transfer route, I will probably have to wait yet another 2-3 weeks?

seagull135 said:
Since I took the Component Transfer route, I will probably have to wait yet another 2-3 weeks?

Yes.  Perhaps even a bit longer.

It's a single office with a small team team working the transfers, so it takes longer than the task spread out across many recruiting centers to advise civilians of the offers. Remember, you are already in the CF and there is a fair amount of administration that must take place to facilitate the Reserve to Reg Force transfer, and it's not something that the recruiting centers have the mandate to do.

Have no doubt, however, that retaining your vested rights of pay at current rank (and any remaining incentives for future years as an OCdt) will have made the additional wait well worth it. I know someone at RMC earning close to twice a regular ROTP cadet's pay, and more than twice when you take into account the flat-rate R&Q charged to all ROTP cadets.

Regards
G2G

I am a CT also and I am course loaded for my QL3 in early May. From what I've read, I may not get a letter until I am already on course. Have any previous ROTP applicants on this forum been in a similar situation? If so, what happens when I accept the offer (assuming I am selected) if I am already on course?

Shock said:
I am a CT also and I am course loaded for my QL3 in early May. From what I've read, I may not get a letter until I am already on course. Have any previous ROTP applicants on this forum been in a similar situation? If so, what happens when I accept the offer (assuming I am selected) if I am already on course?

Shock, two things:

1) Advise your D Mil C 7 point of contact of the dates that you will be on course, and provide them with contact information, so they will know how to get a hold of you if you are accepted into ROTP; and

2) If you do get an offer, there will be paperwork and clearances to complete at your unit and return to D Mil C 7 in time for the transfer to be completed in time for you to start at the 2 week recruit camp at RMCC (mid-Aug start date, last year was the 14th).  This means that depending on the finish date of your QL 3 course, you may in fact have to cease-training (not in a bad way), to accomplish your paperwork and kit return at your home unit, before travelling to Kingston for the recruit camp period.

Regards
G2G

I wonder if the ALOY applicants get notified at the same time as the ROTP applicants. If not, I've just wasted an amazing amount of time endlessly checking my phone messages and email, ha ha.

Not to be a pessimist or anything but have people already thought of their "plan B"? I've applied to BCIT for Architectural and Building Engineering Technology. I don't want to have to activate Plan B, but past experiences have taught me to live by the saying "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst"

Thanks for the response, G2G. I am going to send an email to D Mil C 7 immediately.

Congrats to everybody that's heard about their offers so far. I've been following this thread for quite some time now, and finally decided to create an account!  :)

Hopefully some of us on the eastern side of the country will start to get some replies come monday!

Anyways, best of luck to everyone

742 guy

Since I am Component Transfer, and it takes a little bit longer then civvy.
Will it hurt my chances of getting into RMC/ROTP?

Cheers!

seagull135 said:
Since I am Component Transfer, and it takes a little bit longer then civvy.
Will it hurt my chances of getting into RMC/ROTP?

Cheers!

No, the ROTP selection board looks at all files at the same time.  Unlike civilian applicants to the ROTP, however, the notification process for component transfers takes a bit longer since all CT files are processed by a single section in Ottawa, and that section deals with a large number of files for current CF members, including component transfers for ROTP as well as the university training plan for non-commissioned members.

Regards
G2G

I think I read somewhere on these threads that ROTP files are on priority currently..
Does that mean my file will be looked over first?

Cheers!

seagull135 said:
I think I read somewhere on these threads that ROTP files are on priority currently..
Does that mean my file will be looked over first?

Cheers!

While I am no longer working at NDHQ at the moment, when I was in Ottawa I had not heard that ROTP files had any higher priority than other university training plans (such as UTPNCM, etc...) 

When you ask "Does that mean my file will be looked over first?" to what are you comparing your file's assessment to? 

If you submitted your CT/ROTP application by the stated submission dates, then your file has been to the ROTP board and is now being processed by the D Mil C section in NDHQ.  No matter the result (accepted or declined), you will be contacted in the coming weeks, by letter for certain and possibly a phone call as well advising you of your application status.

Regards
G2G

Legend said:
There are three rounds of selection. Just because you did not get picked up first round does not mean there is not a chance you will not get in. A lot of individuals submit these applications in September. A lot can change between that duration of time. People may turn down these offers and then it is back to the merit list.

chin up

Yeah my application wasn't finalized till March 1st, I applied in the end of November, but They lost my file for the first few weeks. Thanks for letting me know that there is 3 rounds, I wasn't sure how many there wase.

Best of luck to everyone else accepted/still waiting

Just received word from my contact at DMILC, I was not accepted as a ROTP candidate this year. Congratulations to everyone who was and best of luck.

Back