• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I did those tests I was told to fax all of the results to London. It depends on what they told you to do with them.

Hey everyone,

So I have submitted my application last November for ROTP  as an applicant who's studying at a Civilian University (currently waiting to do my CFAT). Just wondering if I get offered a position, will I be attending BMOQ this summer or next summer?

Also, if I will be attending BMOQ next summer (summer of 2015), will I be assigned any kit (uniform, boots, etc.) before that?

These are probably dumb questions, but thank you for your time.

kelsia said:
Hey everyone,

So I have submitted my application last November for ROTP  as an applicant who's studying at a Civilian University (currently waiting to do my CFAT). Just wondering if I get offered a position, will I be attending BMOQ this summer or next summer?

Also, if I will be attending BMOQ next summer (summer of 2015), will I be assigned any kit (uniform, boots, etc.) before that?

Unless there is an issue of sorts you would complete BMOQ this coming summer.

You won't receive your kit until BMOQ.

Good luck :)

kelsia said:
Hey everyone,

At this point in time, I would be more worried about whether or not the Academic Assessment has been done.  Not only do you still have to do the CFAT but you also have to do ASC as well including the Aircrew Medical.  I'd be getting on the phone and contacting your CFRC to find out what is going on with your file!

Hey,

I actually talked to them and they said that they are waiting for the verification of my service number (from the cadet service). As soon as the verification is done, they'll confirm the dates of the CFAT with me.

Academic performance has been evaluated back in December.

Goose15 said:
Unless there is an issue of sorts you would complete BMOQ this coming summer.

You won't receive your kit until BMOQ.

Good luck :)

Thanks! Do you happen to know the dates of BMOQ for this summer as the most recent course date that I could find for this course is Feb, 2014?

I just have a question about open trades and past experiences. I am just starting the application process, currently I have just finished the questionnaire process as well as sending my transcripts. My first trade of choice is infantry. Now I've been reading a little about sending in your application after Jan 31 and there still being a possibility of being accepted into the upcoming academic year. My question is how competitive is this trade when it comes to rotp, do I have shot still at this year or should I set my sights on the following year?

Any information or opinions would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

tymi1991 said:
I just have a question about open trades and past experiences. I am just starting the application process, currently I have just finished the questionnaire process as well as sending my transcripts. My first trade of choice is infantry. Now I've been reading a little about sending in your application after Jan 31 and there still being a possibility of being accepted into the upcoming academic year. My question is how competitive is this trade when it comes to rotp, do I have shot still at this year or should I set my sights on the following year?

Thanks a lot.

The competitiveness of every trade fluctuates from year to year so unfortunately that is impossible to tell. Do you have a shot still? As I said impossible to tell but there is more than one round of selections so it is possible to still be selected yes.

I would put all your efforts into this application and if you have to put in another next year do it but definitely don't give up on this year.

tymi1991 said:

Thanks a lot.

You need to get your Questionnaire and academic transcripts uploaded to the RMC Portal NOW!!!  Only they will know your chances but not until you do that.

just for those who are going for RMC/ ROTP in the future:

If you have been living outside of country for a while and there's a chance that you may need pre-sec get the background check as you start the process. Yes it may cost you some money but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I was in US for a few years and have a parent outside of the country. I have to get FBI check and I got it as soon as my CFAT was done. It was in case I needed after reading some posts DAA have posted. And so far it's been about 3 weeks with nothing in the mail.

Check is only 19 USD and finger printing about 40 CDN.

*individual experiences may vary*

and always have backup plans. My interview also had to do pre-sec and was told it took 1year and 8 months.

fruitflavor said:
just for those who are going for RMC/ ROTP in the future:

If you have been living outside of country for a while and there's a chance that you may need pre-sec get the background check as you start the process. Yes it may cost you some money but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I was in US for a few years and have a parent outside of the country. I have to get FBI check and I got it as soon as my CFAT was done. It was in case I needed after reading some posts DAA have posted. And so far it's been about 3 weeks with nothing in the mail.

Check is only 19 USD and finger printing about 40 CDN.

*individual experiences may vary*

and always have backup plans. My interview also had to do pre-sec and was told it took 1year and 8 months.

Yeah and to add to this you will need an FBI background check even if you have simply been down to the US for college even if your parents are still in Canada during this time.

And yes DEFINITELY get it ASAP. I would put in the order even BEFORE your CFAT because if you don't get the background check you may not get merit listed in time for selection if it takes too long. This is the case even if you D'ONT need the ERC (the check that takes 6-18 months). This is because they have a "mini-check" first to see if you really need the ERC as someone like myself really doesn't but protocol still requires at least some sort of background check.

Along with everything else that`s just said, if you`re waiting for your RC to call you to book dates to finish the tests, just a reminder that the selections take place in March and the first round picks go out in April.

t.robichaud said:
Along with everything else that`s just said, if you`re waiting for your RC to call you to book dates to finish the tests, just a reminder that the selections take place in March and the first round picks go out in April.
For anyone who hasn't completed their items: I would definitely say call them (the CFRC) as oppose to waiting for them to call you. That is the best way to make sure you get your items scheduled as soon as possible.

Are there any costs that have to be paid/deducted while you are training at CFLRS during the summer break?  Are any concessions made for those who have to still pay rent for their apartments over the summer?  I understand that subletting an apartment out for the summer is an option, but I'm curious as to what would happen if I'm unable to find a subletter.  I really don't want to have to give up my apartment before training and find a new place before school in order to have enough money to pay for any expenses at CFLRS.

Thanks,
Life

lifestronaut said:
Are there any costs that have to be paid/deducted while you are training at CFLRS during the summer break?  Are any concessions made for those who have to still pay rent for their apartments over the summer?  I understand that subletting an apartment out for the summer is an option, but I'm curious as to what would happen if I'm unable to find a subletter.  I really don't want to have to give up my apartment before training and find a new place before school in order to have enough money to pay for any expenses at CFLRS.

Thanks,
Life

If you are attending Civi U now, then you would be posted to that area.  Chances are you will go to CFLRS on either TD or Attach Posting for the 3 months of training, which means you wouldn't be paying Rations or Quarters whilst in St Jean.  Check with your ULO as they should be able to answer this question for you.

I'm not in a Civvy U program now, nor have I applied to the CF yet.  What I specifically want to know is if I can keep paying my monthly rent/bills and not pay anything (room & board) while at training during the summer?

I am trying to find the regulations regarding whether or not I am eligible to go participate in regionals and nationals for a base sports team.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know where I can find the regulations regarding it?

Cheers,
K

lifestronaut said:
I'm not in a Civvy U program now, nor have I applied to the CF yet.  What I specifically want to know is if I can keep paying my monthly rent/bills and not pay anything (room & board) while at training during the summer?

Too many variables at play and as your not even in the CF nor an applicant, there is no way to answer the question.

nursekatrina said:
I am trying to find the regulations regarding whether or not I am eligible to go participate in regionals and nationals for a base sports team.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know where I can find the regulations regarding it?

Cheers,
K

As a member of the Regular Force, you are eligible, provided your Fitness Assessment is up to date and the "Permission Form" has been signed off and approved by your ULO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back