• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a.schamb said:
With a PPL, you don't require any ground instruction or a written exam  :)

Awesome! I'd love to fly a glider, just because of the simplicity of it. No engine to worry about lol.

Working at a CFRC, we won't "put your file at the bottom of the pile" if you call and ask about it's status. However, most CFRC's in my region have seen a sharp increase in the number of files received, so it is taing some time to process them all. Please be patient, we are working as fast as we can to get to them in the order they are received.

Cheers!

Heff18 said:
Working at a CFRC, we won't "put your file at the bottom of the pile" if you call and ask about it's status. However, most CFRC's in my region have seen a sharp increase in the number of files received, so it is taing some time to process them all. Please be patient, we are working as fast as we can to get to them in the order they are received.

Cheers!

No problem. Tanks for your input :salute:

Fiji_Boy_ said:
I am so glad to have others who are in the same boat! ^_^ I hope we could share information and our stories to help each other up and give our best shots!! I also am applying this september for ROTP.
Today, I went to talk to a sergeant, one of the recruiters in the Toronto -Sheppard government building, and he says application will be processed from september 2013. And he told me there are 400 ROTP spots available (don't know whether this number includes ROTP under civilian universities) and about 2500 apply. Not intending to scare off anyone here LoL...if we prepare well (especially for the interview), we would have a good chance to get accepted. Because when I visited RMC, and met 2 RMC senior cadets (civil engineering) personally, they gave me an insider advice. They said, interview is the most important aspect of the application (about 50% weight) and it is indispensable to "show off" yourself well. In other words, I guess..sell yourself..LOL..

Ok, so these are the occupations that I am interested but haven't decided which one to eventually choose..

1. Aerospace Engineering Officer/ Air Combat Systems Officer
2. Aerospace Control Officer/ Communications and Electronics Engineering (Air) Officer
3. Health Care Administration Officer/ Nursing Officer (ROTP under civilian university)

My high school average is 93.4% and 92% (Grade 12 and 11, respectively). My extra-curricular activities are "Student Council Vice President, Duke of Edinburgh's Award program Gold(In progress)/Silver/Bronze, Amnesty International Canada appeal letter-writing actions, participating in University of British Columbia(UBC) hosted Junior Engineering Physics Competition(JPEC),care-giving for a disabled individual, serving a Christian Band as an acoustic/bass guitar player in community church, South-Pacific Mission work, peer-tutoring, Tae Kwon Do club, Soccer club, Swimming, jogging, and Fitness-workout.

Now I am starting to get ready for this long application process, and I hope we all make it!!!

Thank god I'm not applying for the Air Force this guy would cream me. :eek:

That looks like a pretty good application to me.

In reply to fruitflavour

I can tell you that at my son's swearing-in on July 19th this year there were two young men who were both entering their 3rd year of civilian university and they were both being sworn in under the ROTP program to continue with their studies.  Basically, they will continue to attend the same university for their final year, but will both be paid while attending.  Following graduation they will both attend BMOQ for 15 weeks followed by trades training. 

I'm in the process of doing my online application and I'm wondering if its possible to put trades from multiple elements on one application? And how? Also, there's no option I education for still I highschool so do I just put highschool as highest education and when they see its an ROTP application and my transcripts they will understand I'm still in school?

Teen_Cadet said:
I'm in the process of doing my online application and I'm wondering if its possible to put trades from multiple elements on one application? And how? Also, there's no option I education for still I highschool so do I just put highschool as highest education and when they see its an ROTP application and my transcripts they will understand I'm still in school?

Yes you can.  If the online application will not allow you to select occupations from different environments, then you can resolve that by email or once your CFRC calls you in for processing.  For education level, just select "Grade 11" provided you are going into Gr 12 this coming fall.  It is very common.

DAA said:
Yes you can.  If the online application will not allow you to select occupations from different environments, then you can resolve that by email or once your CFRC calls you in for processing.  For education level, just select "Grade 11" provided you are going into Gr 12 this coming fall.  It is very common.

Okay thank you. Also, I just started grade 12 this year (today).

Teen_Cadet said:
Okay thank you. Also, I just started grade 12 this year (today).

Perfect.  Starting Gr 12 is the "exact" time to apply for ROTP.

StudentPilot23 said:
Just booked my CFAT for October 2nd!! Super pumped! Anybody else doing their CFAT soon?

That's great man! I'm still waiting to hear from the CFRC, my paperwork arrived in North Bay on Friday, but we did just have a long weekend.  :)

a.schamb said:
That's great man! I'm still waiting to hear from the CFRC, my paperwork arrived in North Bay on Friday, but we did just have a long weekend.  :)

It took almost 2 weeks for me to hear back from CFRC London. But then again, they probably handle a lot more applicants, especially with CFRC Windsor closed.

I'm also doing my practice flight test tomorrow! When you did it, how in-depth did you have to go for the aircraft systems, like the fuel system or electrical system? Could you use POH? I emailed my instructor these questions but he hasn't replied yet.

thank you MilitaryMama and dapaterson.
Your posts confirm what I have searched on the forum, about other ROTP students joining even during their 3rd year to complete their school subsidized and then serving.
I've put in the application (again, because I tried once in 2011 for reserves and did not pursue) over the weekend and just sent in my high school transcript, copy of passport, and citizenship card. I do not have a copy of birth certificate and it is probably impossible to obtain one. But back in 2011, recruiter said that he would be able to process me without it so hopefully it'll be fine.

StudentPilot23 said:
It took almost 2 weeks for me to hear back from CFRC London. But then again, they probably handle a lot more applicants, especially with CFRC Windsor closed.

I'm also doing my practice flight test tomorrow! When you did it, how in-depth did you have to go for the aircraft systems, like the fuel system or electrical system? Could you use POH? I emailed my instructor these questions but he hasn't replied yet.

Okay that's reassuring.

During my flight test he asked me to explain both the fuel system and electrical. The Katana fuel system is pretty simple so I could describe that without the POH, basically just how the fuel reaches the cylinder from the tank. For electrical I briefly went over the 3 parts (Generator/Battery, distributor, consumers) and told him what section in the POH I would look at if I needed more info. My instructors have told me to know an overview of the systems, and know what section to look in if you needed more info.

One thing I'd recommend is knowing EVERYTHING about the cross-country. My ground consisted of about an hour of question after question on just the simulated cross-country. The systems questions took about 5mins.

a.schamb said:
Okay that's reassuring.

During my flight test he asked me to explain both the fuel system and electrical. The Katana fuel system is pretty simple so I could describe that without the POH, basically just how the fuel reaches the cylinder from the tank. For electrical I briefly went over the 3 parts (Generator/Battery, distributor, consumers) and told him what section in the POH I would look at if I needed more info. My instructors have told me to know an overview of the systems, and know what section to look in if you needed more info.

One thing I'd recommend is knowing EVERYTHING about the cross-country. My ground consisted of about an hour of question after question on just the simulated cross-country. The systems questions took about 5mins.

Thanks for the advice! Do you fly Katanas? I cannot for the life of me find the amp-hours of the battery in the POH. All it says is that it will put out 20 amps for 30 mins if the Gen fails. Does this have anything to do with that?

Well, finally after three years of browsing army.ca I started my application for RMC.  :)

Trade choice 1: Maritime Surface and Sub-Surface Officer
Trade choice 2: Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer
Trade choice 3: Logistics Officer

Photocopies of documents were also mailed today!

:cdn:

StudentPilot23 said:
Thanks for the advice! Do you fly Katanas? I cannot for the life of me find the amp-hours of the battery in the POH. All it says is that it will put out 20 amps for 30 mins if the Gen fails. Does this have anything to do with that?

Hey sorry for the late reply, been out on a student council retreat and lots of flying  :) Yeah, I fly Katanas. I'm fairly certain that's what amp-hours refers to.

You have the flight test scheduled?

a.schamb said:
Hey sorry for the late reply, been out on a student council retreat and lots of flying  :) Yeah, I fly Katanas. I'm fairly certain that's what amp-hours refers to.

You have the flight test scheduled?

Alright thanks. I'm hoping to do the real flight test some time next week. I just want to get this done! It feels like it's getting so drawn out, it's kinda frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back