• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, yes. The ROTP campaign has only just kicked off. Some Recruiting Centres received ROTP files early, thus a limited few have heard from their local CFRC.

Heff18 said:
At this point, yes. The ROTP campaign has only just kicked off. Some Recruiting Centres received ROTP files early, thus a limited few have heard from their local CFRC.

Exactly!!! 

If you submitted your application to the CF and are applying for ROTP 2014 (ie; RMC) prior to, for safety sake, 1 Oct 13 and you have NOT received the "valid" link to the RMC Portal, which is needed to upload your documents and Questionnaire, then you need to contact your supporting CFRC right away to obtain the new link.

To make it as simple as possible for people to understand, this is the application process for ROTP 2014:

Step 1 -  Submit your "online" application to the CF through www.forces.ca and select "ROTP" as the "Entry Plan"......(your on your own for the rest)
Step 2 -  You will receive an auto-generated email, which is standard for "everyone" who applies to the CF, don't worry about it for now, but print it/save it and keep it handy...;
Step 3 -  Within 48-72 hours of applying ONLINE, it could be slightly longer in some cases, nevertheless, you WILL receive a "follow-up" email from Recruiting which provides you with the link to the RMC Portal which includes further instructions on how to procced.  You need to READ these instructions and do EXACTLY what the follow-up instructions are asking you to do!!!  Do NOT go back to "Step 2"  <-------  or you won't get past GO and collect $200.00.  This is the "critical" part of the process!!!;
Step 4 -  Follow the instructions contained in the follow-up email at Step 3 to a "T" and then like everyone says, sit and wait.  You will NOT receive any further confirmations beyond Step 3...

After you have reached Step 3 and if you haven't heard anything from your "local" CFRC within 14 days, you need to contact them right away.  If you have not gone beyond Step 2, you need to contact Recruiting in North Bay.....

I can't stress the importance of taking your time filling out these applications!  It is NOT like applying to a Civilian University.  My recommendation for what it's worth.......print the applications, if you can, do them in "draft" and then do them again, have someone else review them and then when you feel it is your best effort, "hit" the send button!!!  You are "selling" yourself, so sell the CF your best self because that's all the CF tries to buy!!!

Good Luck!!!

So I just sent off the online form. My preferences are:

-Armoured Officer

-Infantry Officer

-Social Work Officer

I've got a 90% average (honour roll since Gr. VII) and my extracurriculars are NCSY, the Boys Choir, the Public Library, and IPMS. I also have some internships lined up and I'll be leading a Shabbaton for the younger grades. As to sports, I run three days a week and play floor hockey every Saturday.

But oy, some of the stuff I see here has me shaking in my boots. I'm no slouch, but I'm not sure I can compete with the Duke of Edinburgh Gold. I sold myself like I've never sold anything in those forms, and I just hope they think I'm promising enough to try me out. Oh well--I guess I'm cautiously optimistic here, and let's hope we all get accepted. Good luck!

I just submitted my online application. Tomorrow I'm going to print off the application I have to mail in and mail in my documents. The occupations I chose were:

- Logistics Officer
- Maritime Surface and Subsurface Officer
- Military Police Officer

(All Navy).

I'm very excited to get the process started.

Teen_Cadet said:
I just submitted my online application. Tomorrow I'm going to print off the application I have to mail in and mail in my documents. The occupations I chose were:

Please read my earlier post shown below, on how to apply for ROTP/RMC!!!  You DO NOT mail anything in, everything is done "online"!

DAA said:
Exactly!!! 

If you submitted your application to the CF and are applying for ROTP 2014 (ie; RMC) prior to, for safety sake, 1 Oct 13 and you have NOT received the "valid" link to the RMC Portal, which is needed to upload your documents and Questionnaire, then you need to contact your supporting CFRC right away to obtain the new link.

To make it as simple as possible for people to understand, this is the application process for ROTP 2014:

Step 1 -  Submit your "online" application to the CF through www.forces.ca and select "ROTP" as the "Entry Plan"......(your on your own for the rest)
Step 2 -  You will receive an auto-generated email, which is standard for "everyone" who applies to the CF, don't worry about it for now, but print it/save it and keep it handy...;
Step 3 -  Within 48-72 hours of applying ONLINE, it could be slightly longer in some cases, nevertheless, you WILL receive a "follow-up" email from Recruiting which provides you with the link to the RMC Portal which includes further instructions on how to procced.  You need to READ these instructions and do EXACTLY what the follow-up instructions are asking you to do!!!  Do NOT go back to "Step 2"  <-------  or you won't get past GO and collect $200.00.  This is the "critical" part of the process!!!;
Step 4 -  Follow the instructions contained in the follow-up email at Step 3 to a "T" and then like everyone says, sit and wait.  You will NOT receive any further confirmations beyond Step 3...

After you have reached Step 3 and if you haven't heard anything from your "local" CFRC within 14 days, you need to contact them right away.  If you have not gone beyond Step 2, you need to contact Recruiting in North Bay.....

I can't stress the importance of taking your time filling out these applications!  It is NOT like applying to a Civilian University.  My recommendation for what it's worth.......print the applications, if you can, do them in "draft" and then do them again, have someone else review them and then when you feel it is your best effort, "hit" the send button!!!  You are "selling" yourself, so sell the CF your best self because that's all the CF tries to buy!!!

Good Luck!!!

Teen_Cadet said:
Oh okay! Thank you so much DAA. I will wait for that email!

If you applied yesterday, then you should receive the second follow-up email tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!!!  Heck, you may even get it later today!

Good luck!

Hey DAA, I applied for RMC ROTP 2014 and mailed in my files to CFRC Northbay, now the files are transferred to CFRC Hamilton. Should I be expecting a email with a link to the RMC portal or should I call my local CFRC and ask them?

Paul_Ontario said:
Hey DAA, I applied for RMC ROTP 2014 and mailed in my files to CFRC Northbay, now the files are transferred to CFRC Hamilton. Should I be expecting a email with a link to the RMC portal or should I call my local CFRC and ask them?

Base on your post above, in which you indicate that your file has been transferred to CFRC Hamilton, I would suggest you call CFRC Hamilton!  It is their responsibility to not only provide you with the link to the RMC Portal but also manage your ROTP application.

As you can see in recent posts, the ROTP campaign has just recently started to spool up.  So if you applied recently (ie; last 2-3 days) you're in luck and will get the "most" recent and accurate information.  As much as I hate to say it, but if you chose to take the advice of others and submitted an application earlier this year, you're going to find yourself in a bit of a bind and you need to start back tracking and trying to find out just where and who has your application!

Or, if you are now in "panic" mode because of bad advice and or uncertainty about your status..........I would suggest that you submit a NEW online application!

Just to recap on everything, I applied on August 5th for Pilot and I received 1 automated e-mail saying to mail copies of my transcript and birth certificate to CFRC North Bay. I have sent all those documents and still have not heard anything back. I have called my recruiting center multiple times (CFRC Hamilton) and have been informed that they have received my application from North Bay, but because RMC is a low priority for them right now they are still waiting another week or two before calling people to book aptitude tests and medicals. I have never received a second email with a link to an RMC portal and my application says that I have applied through the ROTP program.

Can someone please give me some advice and who I should talk to? Some members of RMC should be at my school this week with the traveling mini-University fair.

Wait, you can submit more than one application? I sent mine off in a bit of a hurry (I'm excited, what can I say) and there are a few revisions that could be made.

Also, how competitive a trade is Armoured or Infantry? Like I said, I think my application is good, but it might not be good enough.

ZeiGezunt said:
Wait, you can submit more than one application? I sent mine off in a bit of a hurry (I'm excited, what can I say) and there are a few revisions that could be made.

Also, how competitive a trade is Armoured or Infantry? Like I said, I think my application is good, but it might not be good enough.

ROTP 2013-2014 numbers: Armour Officer 18, Infantry Officer 30
(edit) Received these numbers from my file manager and interviewing officer last year.

Heartfelt apologies if I mislead any applicants with my previous posts.  I was offering a bit of advice based on past experience of my son's application and how it was at that time, suggesting getting information ahead of time.  I did state that I didn't know about the online application process.  My intention was not to mess anyone up, just to try to help.  Mea culpa, lesson learned.  Good luck to all in your application process!

t.robichaud said:
Can someone please give me some advice and who I should talk to? Some members of RMC should be at my school this week with the traveling mini-University fair.

Your CFRC only needs to send you that 2nd email with all the details on what you need to do next.  It's as simple as that!

t.robichaud said:
I have called my recruiting center multiple times (CFRC Hamilton) and have been informed that they have received my application from North Bay, but because RMC is a low priority for them right now they are still waiting another week or two before calling people to book aptitude tests and medicals.

You answered your own question. When your CFRC gets to ROTP files, they will contact you with the information.

Heff18 said:
You answered your own question. When your CFRC gets to ROTP files, they will contact you with the information.

He kind of did but he didn't.  But the first question that came to my mind was "Why didn't they atleast provide him with the link to the RMC Portal and the instructions on how to proceed?"  Administering the CFAT and or Medical prior to the RMC Academic Assessment being done seems like a waste of time and resources.

Update: Called CFRC Hamilton today only to be told that the RMC portal link was CFRC North Bay's responsibility but the recruiter said he will track down my application and email me the information.

Did my CFAT today. I was told I did very well and qualified for every officer trade! Medical and Interview scheduled for October 24th. Seems like things are moving along pretty briskly here in Windsor. Anyone else do their CFAT or know if the CFAT can be retaken just for the sake of upping your score?

Good luck to all of those in the process of applying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back