• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
StudentPilot23 said:
Did my CFAT today. I was told I did very well and qualified for every officer trade! Medical and Interview scheduled for October 24th. Seems like things are moving along pretty briskly here in Windsor. Anyone else do their CFAT or know if the CFAT can be retaken just for the sake of upping your score?

Good luck to all of those in the process of applying!

I'm curious. Did CFRC London hold a satellite CFAT appointment for applicants in Windsor, or did you have to travel to London?

DAA said:
He kind of did but he didn't.
True, sorry about that. I assumed that when the Det got to ROTP files, that would include sending out the link to any files received prior to the new RMC portal being opened. Hopefully they are aware of the directive that only files going forward from mid-September are being sent the link from North Bay.

Conz said:
I'm curious. Did CFRC London hold a satellite CFAT appointment for applicants in Windsor, or did you have to travel to London?
Yes, they visit Windsor once a month to conduct CFAT appointments and then follow up interviews and such other weeks.

Conz said:

Yeah, like Heff said they come once a month for the CFAT and pretty much everything else. I have my medical and interview booked for the 24th. The only bad thing is that if you miss an appointment for whatever reason you have to wait another month to do it.

StudentPilot23 said:
Yeah, like Heff said they come once a month for the CFAT and pretty much everything else. I have my medical and interview booked for the 24th. The only bad thing is that if you miss an appointment for whatever reason you have to wait another month to do it.

Okay. I was wondering how they did it since CFRC Windsor closed a bit after my interview and the rest of my processing was done through CFRC Toronto Det London. Thanks.

For the RMC questionnaire on the first couple questions such as homework and employment, are you allowed to write more than the given amount? Or should you stick to the given space. I`ve been told that you should fill in the entire given space,  but when I typed more then printed out a hard copy to review, the parts where I put in extra writing were cut off.

t.robichaud said:
For the RMC questionnaire on the first couple questions such as homework and employment, are you allowed to write more than the given amount? Or should you stick to the given space. I`ve been told that you should fill in the entire given space,  but when I typed more then printed out a hard copy to review, the parts where I put in extra writing were cut off.

Assuming you downloaded the questionnaire from the link and not an old one the font should automatically resize itself so it will fit if you continue adding information in beyond the initial "given space". When you print it out it should just have the smaller resized font (know this from personal experience). You may need to try and re-download the questionnaire if it is not properly resizing and printing.

Just gave North Bay a call about the RMC Portal, said I'd be getting the link within the week. Still haven't heard anything from CFRC Kitchener.

a.schamb said:
Just gave North Bay a call about the RMC Portal, said I'd be getting the link within the week. Still haven't heard anything from CFRC Kitchener.

Getting the link from "who", Kitchener?  You could be waiting a long time........

DAA said:
Exactly!!! 

If you submitted your application to the CF and are applying for ROTP 2014 (ie; RMC) prior to, for safety sake, 1 Oct 13 and you have NOT received the "valid" link to the RMC Portal, which is needed to upload your documents and Questionnaire, then you need to contact your supporting CFRC right away to obtain the new link.

To make it as simple as possible for people to understand, this is the application process for ROTP 2014:

Step 1 -  Submit your "online" application to the CF through www.forces.ca and select "ROTP" as the "Entry Plan"......(your on your own for the rest)
Step 2 -  You will receive an auto-generated email, which is standard for "everyone" who applies to the CF, don't worry about it for now, but print it/save it and keep it handy...;
Step 3 -  Within 48-72 hours of applying ONLINE, it could be slightly longer in some cases, nevertheless, you WILL receive a "follow-up" email from Recruiting which provides you with the link to the RMC Portal which includes further instructions on how to procced.  You need to READ these instructions and do EXACTLY what the follow-up instructions are asking you to do!!!  Do NOT go back to "Step 2"  <-------  or you won't get past GO and collect $200.00.  This is the "critical" part of the process!!!;
Step 4 -  Follow the instructions contained in the follow-up email at Step 3 to a "T" and then like everyone says, sit and wait.  You will NOT receive any further confirmations beyond Step 3...

After you have reached Step 3 and if you haven't heard anything from your "local" CFRC within 14 days, you need to contact them right away.  If you have not gone beyond Step 2, you need to contact Recruiting in North Bay.....

I can't stress the importance of taking your time filling out these applications!  It is NOT like applying to a Civilian University.  My recommendation for what it's worth.......print the applications, if you can, do them in "draft" and then do them again, have someone else review them and then when you feel it is your best effort, "hit" the send button!!!  You are "selling" yourself, so sell the CF your best self because that's all the CF tries to buy!!!

Good Luck!!!

I'm currently a member of the reserves, but right now I am away at school (1st year university) and on ED&T. Should I still use this process to apply, or should I contact my unit or a recruiter first?

tfao95 said:
I'm currently a member of the reserves, but right now I am away at school (1st year university) and on ED&T. Should I still use this process to apply, or should I contact my unit or a recruiter first?

The process for currently "active" PRes members is different.  Even though you are currently on ED&T, you would still have to apply for a Component Transfer (CT) inorder to get into the ROTP Program.  You don't have to go through your unit to do this, you just need access to a DWAN Workstation to submit your application.

tfao95 said:
Ah ok so that must happen before I apply.

Thanks DAA! Much appreciated.

You can't use the forces.ca online application because you are considered to be a "Component Transfer".  That is the route you have to go, request a CT from PRes to Reg F under the ROTP Program.

Oh! Ok I think I understand now. Where would I go/Who should I contact to request a CT? I know it must be from a DWAN station but I am far from my unit at the time.

Thanks for your patience.

tfao95 said:
Oh! Ok I think I understand now. Where would I go/Who should I contact to request a CT? I know it must be from a DWAN station but I am far from my unit at the time.

Thanks for your patience.

PM inbound, check your messages!

DAA said:
Getting the link from "who", Kitchener?  You could be waiting a long time........

A recruiter from CFRC Hamilton just called today, he left a message but we will be talking tomorrow.  :)

a.schamb said:
A recruiter from CFRC Hamilton just called today, he left a message but we will be talking tomorrow.  :)

Aye. I got a call from a PO at CFRC Hamilton to confirm I'm still interested in ROTP on Monday  :eek:

Paul_Ontario said:
Aye. I got a call from a PO at CFRC Hamilton to confirm I'm still interested in ROTP on Monday  :eek:

I called Hamilton again today, they said they wouldn`t make calls for a couple weeks as their sorting through hundreds of applications.

Don't lose any sleep over this.  As long as you have been provided with the link to the RMC Portal, followed those instructions to a "T" and managed to upload both the RMC Academic Questionnaire and your academic transcripts directly to "RMC", then you have done good!!!!

Now back to waiting    :pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back