• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday I uploaded my academic questionaire and transcripts to RMC. I had recieved the RMC portal via email a few days earlier. Now I'm playing the waiting game also.

I spoke to a recruiter today, but he didn't seem to be very helpful to me. I asked him for a list of available trades, as recommended by this forum, but the most he was able to give me was a list of available degrees at RMC, and the trade information sheets. Correct me if i am mistaken, but I was under the impression that he would be able to provide me with the specific number of positions available for each trade. Regardless, I am still going to apply for these three trades:
1. Infantry Officer
2. Armour Officer
3. Engineering Officer

Is an 82% average, and being involved with several volunteer organizations and 3 sports teams enough to keep me competitive? I am worried that because I do not play an official leadership roll by being a captain of any teams or clubs that it will hurt my chances.

Rams96 said:
I spoke to a recruiter today, but he didn't seem to be very helpful to me. I asked him for a list of available trades, as recommended by this forum, but the most he was able to give me was a list of available degrees at RMC, and the trade information sheets. Correct me if i am mistaken, but I was under the impression that he would be able to provide me with the specific number of positions available for each trade. Regardless, I am still going to apply for these three trades:
1. Infantry Officer
2. Armour Officer
3. Engineering Officer

Is an 82% average, and being involved with several volunteer organizations and 3 sports teams enough to keep me competitive? I am worried that because I do not play an official leadership roll by being a captain of any teams or clubs that it will hurt my chances.

At this stage there isn't much you can do about leadership. Although I would recommend joining a club/organization with a leadership position so you'll have something to say when the recruiter asks you about your leadership experience during your interview. Like I said, at this point there isn't much you can do so there's no point in stressing about it. Just apply and see what happens.

Rams96 said:
Correct me if i am mistaken, but I was under the impression that he would be able to provide me with the specific number of positions available for each trade. Regardless, I am still going to apply for these three trades:

At this point in time, recruiters do not have hard numbers for the up and coming positions available for the ROTP campaign. I do recommend that you apply to the jobs that interest you, as it is likely positions will be available for most trades, but the specific numbers can vary from few to many.

Heff18 said:
At this point in time, recruiters do not have hard numbers for the up and coming positions available for the ROTP campaign. I do recommend that you apply to the jobs that interest you, as it is likely positions will be available for most trades, but the specific numbers can vary from few to many.
StudentPilot23 said:
At this stage there isn't much you can do about leadership. Although I would recommend joining a club/organization with a leadership position so you'll have something to say when the recruiter asks you about your leadership experience during your interview. Like I said, at this point there isn't much you can do so there's no point in stressing about it. Just apply and see what happens.
Thank you for the replies, there is a peer mentoring and tutoring program that I think I might join, as it will help develop my leadership abilities, and make it so I will have something to speak about if I make it to the interview stage.

CFRC Hamilton just started emailing the RMC portal link though they seem to have forgotten to include applicant ID numbers on it. Well, for my email atleast. Replied to the recruiter asking about it so I'll keep you guys updated.

Paul_Ontario said:
CFRC Hamilton just started emailing the RMC portal link though they seem to have forgotten to include applicant ID numbers on it. Well, for my email atleast.

:rofl:

Well you could always be nice and point that fact out by replying back to that email.

t.robichaud said:
For the RMC questionnaire on the first couple questions such as homework and employment, are you allowed to write more than the given amount? Or should you stick to the given space. I`ve been told that you should fill in the entire given space,  but when I typed more then printed out a hard copy to review, the parts where I put in extra writing were cut off.

Update adobe!!!

UPDATE

Just did my medical and interview today for ROTP-PLT. I was told I did excellent, and the medical was good as well. I was also told that I am the only applicant in southern Ontario who's application has been processed by RMC. The recruiter said there was an extra step in the process being done that has created a backlog. Not sure what it is exactly, but hopefully it gets cleared up. I'm extremely surprised at how quickly my file is moving. I thought for sure I'd be waiting until December to do my interview. I hope everyone's applications get moving soon!

StudentPilot23 said:
UPDATE

Just did my medical and interview today for ROTP-PLT. I was told I did excellent, and the medical was good as well. I was also told that I am the only applicant in southern Ontario who's application has been processed by RMC. The recruiter said there was an extra step in the process being done that has created a backlog. Not sure what it is exactly, but hopefully it gets cleared up. I'm extremely surprised at how quickly my file is moving. I thought for sure I'd be waiting until December to do my interview. I hope everyone's applications get moving soon!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Glad to hear everything went great, good luck!

There have been some cases where ROTP applicants have completed and printed a copy of the RMC Questionnaire, but have not actually submitted it to RMC. Thus, RMC cannot assess such applicants for suitability. I would highly recommend to all applicants that they confirm that they actually submitted the form and not just printed off a copy.

Heff18 said:
There have been some cases where ROTP applicants have completed and printed a copy of the RMC Questionnaire, but have not actually submitted it to RMC. Thus, RMC cannot assess such applicants for suitability. I would highly recommend to all applicants that they confirm that they actually submitted the form and not just printed off a copy.

Edit: deleted due to confusion

Heff18 said:

My mistake, I misread. I see now you literally meant they printed off the form but left it un-submitted online. Apologies :salute:

applied 2 days ago and i have just recieved the RMC portal via email. Now I'm waiting for my college to mail me my official transcript. but my question is, although i have just completed my last year in collage, do i still have to submit my high school transcript even though  haven't been to high school in over 4 years?

libanm said:
applied 2 days ago and i have just recieved the RMC portal via email. Now I'm waiting for my college to mail me my official transcript. but my question is, although i have just completed my last year in collage, do i still have to submit my high school transcript even though  haven't been to high school in over 4 years?

Yes, you do. The attachment is from the questionnaire itself.

As someone has applied out of college (an American one at that) I can tell you that applicants from colleges are judged on an individual basis. And that RMC will be more interested in your college marks than your high school marks, although they may still look at them.

I'm in my final year of highschool and I applied and submitted my transcripts and questionnaire early October. Should I be receiving the initial contact soon? I haven't heard anything since I submitted the above mentioned documents to the RMC portal.

Teen_Cadet said:
I'm in my final year of highschool and I applied and submitted my transcripts and questionnaire early October. Should I be receiving the initial contact soon? I haven't heard anything since I submitted the above mentioned documents to the RMC portal.

:alarm: Cliche alert  :alarm:

Unfortunately, no way of knowing and if you're one of these:
StudentPilot23 said:
UPDATE
I was also told that I am the only applicant in southern Ontario who's application has been processed by RMC. The recruiter said there was an extra step in the process being done that has created a backlog.

Like me you may still have some waiting. Don't worry though they will get your stuff done before the deadline.

Teen_Cadet said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Still waiting for word after sending in my questionnaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back