• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make sure you are not ever-waiting (aka never contacted). Be sure to double check, on the confirmation email, that all your forms were successfully uploaded to the RMC Portal. This is important because if they see an incomplete upload they will throw it out..

Goose15 said:
To make sure you are not ever-waiting (aka never contacted). Be sure to double check, on the confirmation email, that all your forms were successfully uploaded to the RMC Portal. This is important because if they see an incomplete upload they will throw it out..

I double checked the email, everything was uploaded successfully. Thanks for the tip.

Paul_Ontario said:
I'm in the same boat as you. Still waiting for word after sending in my questionnaire.

Okay, I guess most of us are still waiting. Good to know.

Teen_Cadet said:
Okay, I guess most of us are still waiting. Good to know.

Everyone is still waiting........    :pop:

StudentPilot23 said:
I was also told that I am the only applicant in southern Ontario who's application has been processed by RMC. The recruiter said there was an extra step in the process being done that has created a backlog. Not sure what it is exactly, but hopefully it gets cleared up.

Your recruiter wouldn't know if you have been processed by RMC or not, he/she doesn't have that information.  Even you are still part of the "backlog"......  :whistle:

But at least you got the med and initial interview out of the way.  Next stop, Aircrew Selection.

DAA said:
Everyone is still waiting........    :pop:

Everyone?

DAA said:
Your recruiter wouldn't know if you have been processed by RMC or not, he/she doesn't have that information.  Even you are still part of the "backlog"......  :whistle:

But at least you got the med and initial interview out of the way.  Next stop, Aircrew Selection.

We can do the interview before hearing from RMC? My RC won't book an interview or medical until I hear from RMC. :dunno:

Goose15 said:
Everyone?

We can do the interview before hearing from RMC? My RC won't book an interview or medical until I hear from RMC. :dunno:

Yes....everyone!  If your local CFRC was sent your application/file, then it is entirely up to them as to how they wish to proceed.  "If they currently hold your file", they can choose to sit and wait for the Academic Suitability Assessment to be sent to them before doing anything else.  Or if they want, they can administer the CFAT, do the medical and possibly even the interview.

Whether they do the processing or don't do the processing, is neither an advantage or disadvantage..  Selections are still 4-5 months away.

DAA said:
Yes....everyone!  If your local CFRC was sent your application/file, then it is entirely up to them as to how they wish to proceed.  "If they currently hold your file", they can choose to sit and wait for the Academic Suitability Assessment to be sent to them before doing anything else.  Or if they want, they can administer the CFAT, do the medical and possibly even the interview.

Oh okay, that is very interesting.

DAA said:
Whether they do the processing or don't do the processing, is neither an advantage or disadvantage..  Selections are still 4-5 months away.

Not worried :) But still good to know its not good or bad!

Found this on another thread in case anyone has any issues saving the questionnaire with windows and adobe is up to date:

dapaterson said:
If you're on a Windows computer, install one of the free "print to PDF" print drivers, and print to there.  You'll get a PDF copy of the PDF form filled out.

Quick question, on the academic questionnaire where it asks for current courses this year and one of the columns says "grade", you should put your course mark there such as a percentage ex 85%? or the grade level of the course such as grade 12.

t.robichaud said:
Quick question: on the academic questionnaire where it asks for current courses this year, one of the columns says "grade". Should you put your course mark there, such as 85%? Or the grade level of the course such as grade 12.

That column is referring to the course being Grade 12 or otherwise.

Information regarding your marks is acquired from your transcripts.

PS: I am aware these are for current courses. That is why RMC accepts and views First Term Reports & Mid-Term Reports after they are administered.

I submitted my academic questionnaire and now I'm playing the waiting game as well. Hopefully CFRC Hamilton calls me soon.

t.robichaud said:
I submitted my academic questionnaire and now I'm playing the waiting game as well. Hopefully CFRC Hamilton calls me soon.

You will likely be waiting a while. I submitted my forms a few weeks ago and am still waiting. Also, as per protocols CFRC Hamilton does not schedule anything until you hear from RMC.

Regarding Part K, proof of citizenship, and photo ID: I submitted my questionnaire and transcript but haven't faxed those in. Should I have? The e-mails I received were very unclear as to which documents I should send in, which has left my confused.

ZeiGezunt said:
Regarding Part K, proof of citizenship, and photo ID: I submitted my questionnaire and transcript but haven't faxed those in. Should I have? The e-mails I received were very unclear as to which documents I should send in, which has left my confused.

Bring those in when you go to write your CFAT.

How does the pay rate work during the summer?  During the 8 month school year you earn the class A rate of around $1500 per month.  Do you earn the class B rate during the summer training months?

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/pay-rates.page

lifestronaut said:
How does the pay rate work during the summer?  During the 8 month school year you earn the class A rate of around $1500 per month.  Do you earn the class B rate during the summer training months?

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/pay-rates.page

Class C, pay level A for ROTP. ~1299.97 after deductions for first year civi-u OCdts. Then you have deductions for rations and quarters ($600ish?) at RMC. When you're on BMOQ, you are still Class C, paying rations (and quarters if you don't have a lease elsewhere).
Someone might be able to jump in here and fill in any missing info or corrections. 

Conz said:
Class C, pay level A for ROTP. ~1299.97 after deductions for first year civi-u OCdts. Then you have deductions for rations and quarters ($600ish?) at RMC. When you're on BMOQ, you are still Class C, paying rations (and quarters if you don't have a lease elsewhere).
Someone might be able to jump in here and fill in any missing info or corrections.

So the pay rate remains the same the entire year.  During BMOQ I'd be paying for rations, but not quarters since I'd have to pay rent for my apartment?  It sounds like there is an opportunity to save a bit of money during the summer, but not much.

lifestronaut said:
It sounds like there is an opportunity to save a bit of money during the summer, but not much.

Well, not having to pay tuition, books and supplies will sure save you some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back