• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know the when they use the references you send them? Is it before or after January? Or is it a couple weeks after you send in documents? couple weeks after interview?

Also, do we fill out the MOSID part on the ROTP Questionnaire before its mailed? or do we do that at the office?

(sorry for dbl post, did not realize no one had posted)

When I joined it took awhile for them to call the references. I got all my info in by November. It was second term before they spoke to one of my references.  I believe it's up the the CFRC. You could probably just ask them. I know it seems like you might be annoying them but it is their job. I asked so many questions. It's a big commitment and not one to be made lightly. They should have all the info you need.

I filled out the MOSID on my ROTP Questionnaire, and they didn't say anything against it.

I didn't. Hopefully they just call if they needed. My friend in RMC still does not have one chosen heh.

Update: Just contacted a recruiter and he said its fine if its on or is not. As long as the applicant at least chose his desired professions.

Alrighty... I had my CFAT, Medical, and Interview today.

Everything went relatively well. Filled out the survey and the Drug Questionnaire when they got us all together. I was the only ROTP applicant there in a group of 8. After that we all did the CFAT. I feel I did okay on the verbal and spatial parts, but I feel very confident about the problem solving. After that, I had my medical(I was first in line). It was standard stuff. Height, weight, age. My blood pressure was taken(I was slightly hypertensive; must of been the lack of sleep and caffine), there was a vision test, a hearing test, a urine sample, and a general physical. Like I thought, I have 5 nice pieces of paper I have to mail back in 90 days or less. Visual Acuity(already filled out and ready to go), Musculo-Skeletal(my knee injury), Request For Release of Medical Information(slight hypertension(accredited to nervousness), foot problems(flat footed)), and a Headache Questionnaire(for answering "when I was younger(8-11 years old)). Hopefully I'll have all these forms done this week and sent off... I can't be merit listed until I have then sent in. After that, I was brought in to get my trip subsidized. Then, I was brought in for my interview. Fyi, the interview prep form is very useful for this. In my interview, I also signed my Terms of Service.

I left at 5:30am this morning and got home at 2:30pm. All in all, it was a good day.

Edit: First round of selections is in February.

Update: I severely sprained my ankle yesterday(hurray). However, I have a doctors appointment on November 6th to get my medical paper filled out by my family doctor. So, I'll be walking by then, and I'll have my papers filled out  ;D Win win situation  ;)

Update: Today I recieved my subsidization check for my trip to the CFRC. Pretty good timing... Only 13 days.

Yeah my friend said they are usually good about paying back. She had to drive about 250km to the CFRC to apply last year. I will have to do the same when I am called up.. heh.

The CFRC is good about it... The ASU, not so much. I'm still waiting to get paid back for my text books from the start of the term...

Update: Today I had my medical forms filled out and mailed them to the CFRC. It's great that the application process is over, but now I wait to see if everything is in order and if so, I'll wait anxiously for February  :-X

February?

And I am still waiting to be called up heh. How long did it take for them to call you in for medical, CFAT, etc after you submitted your application into processing BMS?

I submitted everything September 19. They called me on October 8(19 days after I handed everything in when I travelled to the CFRC) and told me my CFAT, medical and interview were all on October 21(32 days after I handed everything in when I travelled to the CFRC). So, it took just over a month going from handing in my papers to doing the rest of the application process(minus the 16 days I took to get my medical forms filled out by my family doctor).

So yeah... CFRC/D Corner Brook must be fast or something because 32 days from hand-in to going in for the CFAT, medical, and interview seems speedy. Oh well. Hope this tells you what you wanted to know Marshall.

By the way, all the information was posted in this thread. That's why I am so exact  >:D

Edit: I said I'm waiting for February because thats first round of selections(late second or early third week of February).

Hmm ok, so I should expect mid november or early december if lucky. Thanks. And I was wondering bout February because I thought selection was in May.. But that is a nice thing to know that they start in February.. ha

Thank you

I forget the exact dates for the selection rounds(you can ask them, they do have the information), but the selection board is mid-Janurary and 1st round of selections is in February. I think there are 3 rounds of selection scheduled as well(if I do recall, which I might not ::)) which pertains to RMC, but maybe not exactly civy-U(I didn't ask any civy-U questions and therefore have no idea).

Eh sounds good. Better then my initial thought. Thanks BMS.

Just got called today, I am going up Tuesday night and having my processing done Wednesday at 08:00.

So its CFAC, Medical, and then Interview? Anyone wanna give me the rundown? tips?  :warstory:

There's not a whole lot of specifics that anyone can say. But, I'll give you a few things I picked up through my process.

CFAT
- Don't sweat it too hard. It's not how well you do, it's how well you do compared to everyone else. What this means is that if the test is extremely difficult or you feel you bombed a section, don't worry too much about it. If it was really hard, you may have done relatively well, meaning you get what you want.
- The practice CFAT questions are a very good indicator of what to expect for the most part.
- Look through a bunch of romantic words(not romantic as in love), it may prove useful during a part of your CFAT.
- Brush up on your basic math skills and word problems(fractions, decimals, percents and adding, multiplying, and dividing using each).

Medical
- Be calm. Take a few minutes prior to your medical to just get relaxed(if you can). This will be beneficial because if your blood pressure is good, then you have 1 less form to get filled out by your family doctor.
- You may have to strip down for your medical(I had to) and then you will be examined. They will just go through the basics and check your joints, neck, and back. They also do a few more things, but it doesn't last very long.
- Make sure you have your headphones on properly for the hearing test. You really don't want to screw up because you didn't take that extra few seconds to check.
- Answer everything truthfully and to the best of your knowledge.

Interview
- The best advice is to use the interview preperation sheet to prepare. It really is useful; you'll understand why when you are done.
- Make sure you know some things about the trades you applied for.
- Be repectful, but don't be too rigid. They want to talk to you and for you to say what you mean about each question.
- Just take it easy. My interview was pretty much just the interviewer asking me questions and me answering them. I don't know what your's will be like, but that's how mine went.

You will also likely fill out a survey on who/what you are(ethnicity, enrollment plan, part/fulltime, etc...) and what element and such you are going for. You also get to fill out a drug questionnaire. It includes a lot of stuff, so be honest. And, during your interview, you will have several forms and such you will have to read and sign(such as your Terms of Service).

Hope this gives you something to work with  ;)

Jeeze I hope I do not have to go to my family doctor.. That would probably mean another trip up unless i could fax/email the info to them. I am only 19, so I can't see me needing too much else.

Thanks for the help BMS

I personally had a freaking paper for every medical blip I mentioned, no matter how old. I ended up with 6 papers to get filled out, which cost about $200 to get filled out(unsubsidizable).

But if you haven't had any real diagnosis with anything severe, I wouldn't sweat it. And, if you keep calm, you won't have to take a trip just o have your blood pressure re-taken(Woo).

yeah. I do not have any conditions. They might bug me bout my eyes though, I think they are V2 still but who knows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back