• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP offers.....

Oh, I'm in commerce. Please note, I'm not bragging about my grades. I'm actually ashamed by it because I could have done much, much better had I worked more diligently.
Computer Science was a mandatory course for first year commerce in my university. There were 400 people in my class, only 2 got A+, and I was one of them.  ;D
In universities, I think anything above 75% would be considered above average.
BTW, I'm not in U of T, where it is impossible to get 80%.

ssjsimon said:
beyondsblue, what faculty are you in at your university?  I bet it's not engineering, computing science, or those faculties that are almost impossible to get good grades in.  By the way, did you get your offer in civ university or RMC?

Actually, it is possible to get good marks.  I ended with an 85% average in Mech Eng at RMC and I was 6th in the program (out of approx 50)

Max

beyondsblue said:
Oh, I'm in commerce. Please note, I'm not bragging about my grades. I'm actually ashamed by it because I could have done much, much better had I worked more diligently.
Computer Science was a mandatory course for first year commerce in my university. There were 400 people in my class, only 2 got A+, and I was one of them.  ;D
In universities, I think anything above 75% would be considered above average.

Commerce Comp Sci. isn't that hard.  It's like calculus for artsmen....

Max

Max, I agree, several of my friends have taken that very same course requires for their BComm Degree and it's very easy. They start from MS word and other basic computer functions.

Dimitri

beyondsblue said:

I think this part is working against me, I always wonder whether they strictly look at marks or at institutions as well? Cause shirking at another institution and pulling down 80s sounds pretty darn sweet when I am here working my tail off and getting mid 70s...

Astrodog said:
I think this part is working against me, I always wonder whether they strictly look at marks or at institutions as well? Cause shirking at another institution and pulling down 80s sounds pretty darn sweet when I am here working my tail off and getting mid 70s...
I've always wondered about that myself, too. During my interview, I asked my recruiter whether they consider the institution you attend or the class average of the courses you have taken. For example, when the class average was 50% and you achieved a 80% is quite different from  when the class average was 85% and you got a 80%. Apparently, they don't consider that factor at all, or so the recruiter told me: "We just look at your marks.".
That's why I didn't go to U of T. ;)

Well I got off the phone with a recruiter couple hours ago.  She told me the board is meeting tomorrow, (April 13th) and calls should come out around April 23rd.  I guess I'll be playing the waiting game.  Just wanted to share the information to those other eager applicants as well!

COME ON ARMOUR!

Thanks!  I hope so too!  Good luck to all the others that are waiting for that phone call!

liheron said:
So does anybody know when people for Vancouver get Sworn in?

The only time frame I was given for being sworn in in Vancouver is "sometime in June".  The person who called with my offer said that for ROTP they make the offers, then decide on a lot of the dates - the total opposite of what they do for other entry programs.  She said to expect an e-mail with more info in the next few weeks.

See you at the ceremony!

Cadarn said:
The only time frame I was given for being sworn in in Vancouver is "sometime in June".  The person who called with my offer said that for ROTP they make the offers, then decide on a lot of the dates - the total opposite of what they do for other entry programs.  She said to expect an e-mail with more info in the next few weeks.

See you at the ceremony!
Hahahaha, I was told May. Maybe we're going to a different one? well hope to see you there too, I'll be the shortest Chinese kid around.

Back