• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP pay after graduation.

exsemjingo said:
You sir are an inspiration to soldiers of all ranks. :p

It sickens me that a lot of troops that are going to be joining our forces are going to be seeing your posts as an introduction to the officer ranks in the military.  As for the above quote, what gives you the right to say ANYTHING about soldiers of all ranks when you've never served, and the only serving members you've come in contact with here you've been rude with?  You need to seriously un-*$#& that attitude.

If the pay tables confused you, I can't wait to hear how well you do with small party tasks.  ::)

T

Does it really even matter what you're going to get paid? The army isn't going to let you starve to death or make you sleep on a park bench. If you want to be an Officer it should be because of the job not the cash - there are a heck of a lot of people in the same boat trying to get in through DEO waiting on offers and selection boards who are desperate for the challenge, and their bank accounts are the furthest thing from their minds.

I think it would be great if DND let equal candidates bargain each other down for selection. For a guaranteed January IAP/BOTC I will gladly work for all the vegetarian IMPs I could eat, and free use of a good tent and a choice piece of land close to a hose.  ;D

xmarcx said:
I will gladly work for all the vegetarian IMPs I could eat, and free use of a good tent and a choice piece of land close to a hose.  ;D

Hehe... Wait until you have your first IMP dump...  :p

T

It never hurt to budget, Xmarcx.
As far as the rest of you whom I offended, I had a few uncles and grandparents who served, and the un-spoken rule around them was 'don't talk about the war'.
That just will not do, should I be selected and need to work along side you. 
Let me have it now; it's the only way I'll learn.

Exsemjingo, best that you build some thick skin now.  The answer to the question you were asking was given several times in the thread by a number of members, yet you kept asking the question.  Folks have two options then; consider that you are either not getting it and try to explain it differently, or consider that you are being somewhat obstinate about not receiving an answer which lines up exactly with what you are expecting.  Nobody was trying to be a prick there.  I can tell you, I was following this thread for a bit, saw that the answer about the "Column C DEO 2LT" had been answered and was thinking about which point you might need a "written 2x4 across the forehead" to help the info sink in.  I think George was actually being rather kind to you.

The "takeaway" from this for you should not be the answer that a DEO candidate is an OCdt until you pass of the parade square at graduation in St.Jean, thus becoming a "Column C" DEO 2Lt, but rather learning the lesson of making best use of the tools available to you to accomplish something, in this case finding the relatively simple and "out there for all to see" answer to a question.  Nobody is asking you to prostrate yourself to some superior being to get the answer, but a bit less obstinacy/more humility might be something to think about.

Life in the military has its challenges.  It is also a very social organisation so your personal interaction skills, be they as used with peers, to superiors or, in due course, to any subordinates you may have are the foundation of how you would live out your life in the military.

Food for thought.

Cheers,
Duey

Maybe this pay scale is less confusing for you, as it has each category clearly marked: http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/other/RegularForcePay.pdf

Thank you for all the information and understanding. 
As far as my attitude, only Torlyn's reply smarts: because it's true.
I really should know better.

Back