• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Same Day CFAT + Interview (merged)

To answer the cfat question, this is how I prepared:

I brushed up on long division.  Every time I had 5 minutes I'd bust out something like 27/649611, perform long division and verify it with a calculator.  Which meant you had to practice other operations normally left to a machine. ..

I practiced multiplying difficult to multiply numbers and looked online for  tricks.  IE when multiplying by 5 half the number and move the decimal: 5×5, 5/2=2.5 => 25. I found the math was easy but the time constraint made it tough.

I didn't practice anything for the spatial awareness or language section. And didn't find these too tough.

I'm 25 and have done all sorts of calculus and whatnot but would have failed for lack of time had I not practiced this simple math. 

I have my test tomorrow, and I feel I am prepared for it.  After reading some posts on this forum I started to become worried however,  as a lot of people said they had their interview right after their aptitude test.  I was just told my test is booked for the 5th of March and I haven't heard anything about the interview.  I am not prepared whatsoever for the interview!  Any conformation would be greatly appreciated.  -  Regards

They would have told you if your interview was booked for tomorrow. Back when I did mine I wrote the CFAT, then about a month later I did my medical and interview on the same day. It's different for everybody.

Don't worry, you're good. If they only scheduled you for CFAT, then that's the only thing you will do tomorrow. Good luck! After your test is done, you will be briefed, and then you will be scheduled for the next step(s).

What sometimes happens is you are given a quick interview after your CFAT if you have anything in your file that indicates you might have issues with your out of country relatives or travel in the last 10 years.  (to define this takes way to long, sorry). The MCC will determine this and conduct a quick interview to give your application a jump start on some of the background security work that needs to be done.

You will still be givin a more for al interview down the road, where you will have time to prep, and be asked more in depth questions, so don't worry if this happens to you.  It is really a good thing.

The above poster was right ^^.  Anyway, wrote it today.... was harder than I thought it would be (specifically the spatial question--ran out of time--) but...........qualified for every NCM and officer position!!!  Interview and medical are in 2 weeks.  :) 

Hello,

I will be writing my CFAT on Tuesday. In the email that the recruiting office sent me, they only mentioned CFAT.

However I know that some people are taking CFAT and interview same day, will that happen to me too? I am not sure if I need to prepare for the interview.

Thank you!

axle said:
Hello,

I will be writing my CFAT on Tuesday. In the email that the recruiting office sent me, they only mentioned CFAT.

However I know that some people are taking CFAT and interview same day, will that happen to me too? I am not sure if I need to prepare for the interview.

Thank you!

If they didn't mention a interview, don't expect to be doing one.
Still I would suggest showing up in semi-formal attire as it does make you look good.

Since the interview is an important part of the selection i guess they would've told us if it was a chance of one after the CFAT . Interview isnt to take lightly so they probably notice you in advance so u can prepare yourself for it . :salute:

Back