• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Schools short change history. Lets introduce military history to our youths.

I always thought I knew a fair bit about our country and its history until I was working with a lady who was from Romania.  She had just became a Canadian Citizen and what she had learned about this county for her exam blow me away.  She knew things that I had never even heard of.
:salute: :cdn:

Garbageman said:
Thanks, that's great to hear.   At $3/student, it's money well spent.   The main guy runs the whole operation, but actually employs a few actors since it's gotten so popular.  

Nothing better than experiential learning in my mind.   Now if I could just get that ink stain off of my Robert Borden outfit...

Here's the WWI re-enactor I was refering to (David Morris):

http://www.historycomesalive.ca/

He does quite a range of Canadian characters, and employs several actors.  The performer we had in (Mackenzie Gallagher) to do WWI did an excellent job, and I've received nothing but great feedback from my students.

It's about time we got back to teaching about Jaques Cartier,Frontanque ,Wolfe and the Courier Du Bois,our country was discoverd by the French,Scotts,Irish ,English,Welsh and built by Pole,Russian's Ukranians,Germans etc. but this is not taught in school an more!! :mad:

I ask my niece and nephew about our History and they know jack S*(t about it!!
This makes me angry!!

It's about time we got back to teaching about Jaques Cartier,Frontanque ,Wolfe and the Courier Du Bois,our country was discoverd by the French,Scotts,Irish ,English,Welsh and built by Pole,Russian's Ukranians,Germans etc. but this is not taught in school an more!!

I ask my niece and nephew about our History and they know jack S*(t about it!!
This makes me angry!!

"...was built...?"

When did we stop building Canada? Cheers.

Back