• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearance - Teaching In Korea

Newguy1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I finished my CFAT the other day, and was contacted today because I taught english in Korea for a while and that I have to get a criminal bakground check from there. Thats no problem and its supposed to take 2-3 weeks, but he also said even if i get that I might need a pre-assessment anyways.

Anyone with experience applying who taught english abroad, did you have to get a pre-assessment?

Thanks

See this form ---->  http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/pre_secur_en.pdf

They may or may not have already given you one.  It's pretty self explanatory.  After you have completed the Reliability Screening process, then they will decide whether or not a Pre-Sec is required.

Correct. I am waiting to hear back If I need a pre assessment. I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar cicumstance and what happened to them.

Thanks

My husband and I lived/taught in South Korea in 2005 and had a terrific time for the most part. (I hope your experiences were positive overall, as well.)  Unfortunately, I ran into some issues regarding the recruiter and the process I was contracted under. Long story short, I came back to Canada while my husband stayed to complete his obligations.

I applied to the CF online near the end of 2011 and didnt hear anything substantial regarding how things were progressing until April 2012, but I believe mine was completed during that period, because by the time I had my interview last summer I was told everything was good on the security end of things.  I'm now merit-listed.

I can't speak for anyone else because everyone's process varies, but I didn't seem to encounter any difficulties even though I ran into some problems related to my time there. I was a little concerned when I initially completed all of the components of the application process (app., forms & paperwork, etc.), but other than it possibly taking a longer time to process compared to other applicants, I didn't run into any problems.  I hope that helps a little.

Correct. I am waiting to hear back If I need a pre assessment. I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar cicumstance and what happened to them.

I lived outside Canada for a couple of years prior to applying. It took 8 months (maybe a bit more) to process my pre-sec. That was back in 2005-ish so I hope things are faster now. I was living in a NATO country at the time so you would think things move faster, but not so much.

I had to do that form because I was born outside of Canada even though I came here young. Either they decided not to do it or it was done pretty quickly (about 1 month).

Back