• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security clearance

Reaction score
Hi
My name is Sunil, and I've applied to become a Reservist in the Canadian Armed Forces. I have successfully completed both the CAF Aptitude Test and Fitness Test in july 2023 & after that I have also completed my interview/ medical in September & October 2023.

After that it went for Security clearance, & I didn't hear anything, it's been months, Does any one know the exact Eta of Security clearance,

Thank you,
Sunil

Hi
My name is Sunil, and I've applied to become a Reservist in the Canadian Armed Forces. I have successfully completed both the CAF Aptitude Test and Fitness Test in july 2023 & after that I have also completed my interview/ medical in September & October 2023.

After that it went for Security clearance, & I didn't hear anything, it's been months, Does any one know the exact Eta of Security clearance,

Thank you,
Sunil
Its 6-24 months. You may contact your file manager asking an update.

Thanks & if i make a application as Regular forces, does it still takes that long, And going as an officer is better or NCM

Thanks, but some one was saying that if its doesn't clear in one year you have to redo the whole process again, application CFAt, fitness, Medical, Interview. the process has to start again,

Thanks, but some one was saying that if its doesn't clear in one year you have to redo the whole process again, application CFAt, fitness, Medical, Interview. the process has to start again,
I don’t know about the rest of it, but your signature on your security clearance is valid for 1 year. It is possible that if your security file is not processed in that time, it will be kicked back to you to be updated.

Luckily, the vast majority of recruits only need an Enhanced Reliability Check to get in the door and those are usually fast (days/weeks) unless there is a complicated background.

it says extended security screening , but i have couple of other clearance as well like MTSC- Restricted area level 3, Raic, Nexus.
the wait time i was provided id 6 to 24 months, i submitted all the docs in sep 2023 by email. followed up in Jan 2024 and he said I never summit it or he forgot, forwarded the same email again got the confirmation, checked in April, they said no update. i got to know they only have 2 person allotted for this for all Canada, & their priority is regular forces now. because of Ukraine

Back