• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearance

b7197

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

Sorry for my thread. I had a wrong info. I deleted it.
Thanks

b7197 said:
Good day all,

I am in process to join the reserves now. I am a naturalized Canadian and my parents and siblings are living in my origin country.
It means I need security clearance screening and takes up to 18 months. I was told that I may submit my criminal record or something through my origin country's consulate or any agency to save time by a recruiter.
Any information or advice about that?

Thanks

Hi B...,

I suggest you read this thread and use the search function on the forum to help you get answers.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/1399.0.html

If you were told by your recruiter that you could save time by submitting your own criminal record (really? He said that?), then I suggest you call your recruiter back and ask him how and with which type of forms you could do that.
I personally have never heard about the fact that someone does "their own criminal record check"... but someone here may inform you much better than me.

Alea

I had a police check done for a previous job and it was still valid when i applied. The CFRC informed me they do their own and would not use it even if it was still valid.

I echo what pegcity said, I had a security clearance to allow me access to work on generation systems in RCMP stations all over western canada done 4 months before i applied...still had to wait for the CF to do thier own. :nod:

RTG :cdn:

readytogo said:
I echo what pegcity said, I had a security clearance to allow me access to work on generation systems in RCMP stations all over western canada done 4 months before i applied...still had to wait for the CF to do thier own. :nod:

RTG :cdn:

If you worked for the Government and had a PRI number, there is another form that you could have filled out, to help in the process.  It is not sent electronically, but sent in along with your hard copies with your original signatures. 

PM me on Tues and I can send you the form number, as I do not have it here.

I appreciate the offer George but my file is already complete and i swear in on Wednesday!!! ;D

I appreciate the thought though

RTG :salute: :cdn:

Back