• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seeking Cemetery Photo - ST STEPHEN, NB (Updated 12 Jun 11)

Has Bridgewater and Mahone Bay, N.S. been visited yet? If not I can help out there.
-Neil, Lunenburg, N.S.
right across from Hillcrest cemetery, aka Gallows Hill

Kentville (Oak Grove) Cemetery completed 8 Dec 2009.

The current list of Canadian cemeteries I'm still seeking photos from follows:

New Brunswick

Saint John (Fernhill) Cemetery (2)

Nova Scotia

Bridgewater (Brookside) Cemetery (1)
Lower Wood Harbour (Greenwood) Cemetery (1)
Mahone Bay (Park) Cemetery (1)
Stewiacke (Trinity) Cemetery (1)
Truro (Terrace Hill) Cemetery (1)

Ontario

Gravenhurst (Lakeview) Cemetery (1)
St. Catharine's (Victoria Lawn) Cemetery (1)

Thanks to everyone who has assisted with this project.

I have the permission and the location information for the St Cat's, ON grave site ... I just have to get there and get the photo taken.  Which will happen soon!

Just_A_WAG said:
I have the permission and the location information for the St Cat's, ON grave site ... I just have to get there and get the photo taken.  Which will happen soon!

That's great news, thank you very much.

Since starting this spring, I've managed to gather 460 photos of 814 graves or memorialized names from 125 of 177 Cemeteries and Memorials.  Stats and the full list of cemeteries can be seen here.

Remaining cemeteries on this side of the Atlantic can be seen  here.

Mike:
Re: Toronto Prospect Cemetery.
Pte. Brown. There seem to be discrepancies with him.
Cpl. McKinley and Pte. Staughton. Do you need photos of their graves?

I am still looking for photos of McKinley and Staughton's graves.

Brown's entry in the Canadian Virtual War memorial is here.

This was the link on Brown on the RCR site:
http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=collections/virtualmem/Detail&casualty=922475
Note: The almost identical Service Numbers!
Click on Brown's CWGC link:
http://regimentalrogue.com/rcr_great_war_cemeteries/rcr_gw_cem063.html

That would be because the 477xxx block of numbers was assigned to The RCR.  The Regiment was renumbered in alphabetical order in late 1915, so men with the same surname ended up with adjacent service numbers.

Among the Regiment's casualties were:

477112 Pte John Joseph BROWN
477113 Pte John Percival BROWN
477114 Pte Nels BROWN
477118 Pte William BROWN

mariomike said:
Click on Brown's CWGC link:
http://regimentalrogue.com/rcr_great_war_cemeteries/rcr_gw_cem063.html

FIxed.

About an hour ago, I took the photos for the two members in the Fernhill Cemetery in Saint John, NB. As soon as I can transfer the photos and get online again, I will forward them to you.

Merry Christmas.

HI

I have an old Pith helmet here at the house with the name T.G. Gibbson The R.C.R.Written on the inside. on the outside it has a clth color patch on side.
Have you ever run across this name in your searches?

I don't have the name in my notes.  Can you send me photos (inside and outside) at regimentalrogie@gmail.com and I will tell you what I can about it.

Today was a great day for a drive. I've been meaning to get up to Gravenhurst for two years now. Finally sent you the photos for Pte Pike as request in post # 1 of this thread.

Kratz, thank you.  I will let you know when it arrives.

Mike

I managed to get to St Catherine's today to photograph the grave of Private William Robert Brix in St. Catharine's (Victoria Lawn) Cemetery. This complete Ontario and only leaves four cemeteries in Canada to complete this side of the pond.

The Canadian cemeteries I'm still looking for photos from follow:

New Brunswick

Black River Cemetery (2)

Nova Scotia

Bear River (Mount Hope) Cemetery (1)
Lower Wood Harbour (Greenwood) Cemetery (1)

Quebec

Montreal (Mount Royal) Cemetery (1 of 4 remaining to be photographed (and the other three could be improved))

Thanks to all who have had the time to help to date.

Michael

Michael O'Leary said:
I managed to get to St Catherine's today to photograph the grave of Private William Robert Brix in St. Catharine's (Victoria Lawn) Cemetery. This complete Ontario and only leaves four cemeteries in Canada to complete this side of the pond.

The Canadian cemeteries I'm still looking for photos from follow:

New Brunswick

Black River Cemetery (2)
Your google map link doesn't work on DIN computers; however, I found a "Black River" near Saint John, NB.  If that is the place, then I think I could get there within an hour and a bit.  HOPEFULLY I'll have time this weekend, but no promises.  If I do, I'll email them to you via "other means".

Cheers

(Edited to un-abbreviate Saint John)

Back