• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Boards for DEOs

rnkelly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knows when the seletion board for Electrical and Mechanical Engineer applicants take place.  I've been told by the recruiting centre that my application has been forwarded to the selection board but that I won't hear anything untill November or December.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

What that means is that you have met all of the min enrollment standards for that specific trade. The RC has forwarded your file to the Mech Eng selection board. In a nut shell... A bunch of officers sit down and look at all of the files that have been forwarded to them and then decide who they will give job offers to based on the strength of each individuals file.

The RC should be able to give you a date ie 12 Nov 05 of the selection board. However, not every selection board has a set date so DON'T CALL THEM BACK SAYING THAT YOU KNOW THEY HAVE A DATE.

Basically, your file is in competition with every other file that has been sent to the selection board from across Canada. Do you have a guaranteed job, NO. But you are in competition for one. Keep in mind that with Christmas leave you probably won't get a yes or a no before the beginning of February. Hope this helps.

Do a search and read the other posts on DEO selection.

However, not every selection board has a set date

Actually they do.

Thanks, I see that the DEO boards sit once in may and once in oct/nov.
I notice that there's no number for EMEs in a previous post outlining the jobs that are available to recruits. http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/29132.0.html
Are these numbers out of date now and what are the odds of getting an update on this type of list.

Those are numbers for NCM occupations.  The numbers for DEO are around somewhere.  I will check on Tuesday

There were no/will not be boards for 41 AERE, 83 CELE (AIR), 78 LOG, 74 TDEV, 87 NCS ENG or 43 EME for fall 05.  There are either no positions left or they have received several skilled files.  Numbers for FY 06/07 are not available.

Thanks for the information Kincanucks although it is disappointing since I've been led to believe my application was under review by the board.
Good to know what's actually going on.

kincanucks said:
There were no/will not be boards for 41 AERE, 83 CELE (AIR), 78 LOG, 74 TDEV, 87 NCS ENG or 43 EME for fall 05.   There are either no positions left or they have received several skilled files.   Numbers for FY 06/07 are not available.

Nuts.  Logistics Officer slots are all filled.  Do you know roughly when the FY 06/07 numbers will be released?

PaulD said:
Nuts.   Logistics Officer slots are all filled.   Do you know roughly when the FY 06/07 numbers will be released?

Sometime before Apr 06.

I've spoken with my file manager at the recruiting centre and he believes that my file is still going to the selection board.  He said that my appliation has passed through an initial board and that it was merit listed. Does this mean that I'm out of luck since there are simply no spots available? With DEO applicants,  if you don't get one of the jobs you chose on your application is it possible to be offered a different job?
Thanks.

rnkelly said:
I've spoken with my file manager at the recruiting centre and he believes that my file is still going to the selection board.   He said that my appliation has passed through an initial board and that it was merit listed. Does this mean that I'm out of luck since there are simply no spots available? With DEO applicants,   if you don't get one of the jobs you chose on your application is it possible to be offered a different job?
Thanks.

I don't know what selection board that would be as they are now over.  A DEO applicant will not be offered an occupation if they have not put that occupation down as one of their choices.

I don't know what selection board that would be as they are now over.

A few quick questions then.

When roughly did the selection boards finish?

Would any phonecalls/offers still be coming out?  Or now with the boards over does that mean that all slots for January IAP/BOTC have been offered and filled?

Actually I just remembered that there are still two boards left:  MARS (NOAB) and Public Affairs, these will end 28 Oct and 27 Oct respectively.  All other boards ended two weeks ago.  Yes, there will be still some phone calls being made as people will refuse offers or there will be failures from the NOAB and some pilot applicants will fail Aircrew selection.  Boards being finished does not mean that the Jan 2006 IAP/BOTP is filled.

Kincanucks,

Would you have any idea how many DEO PAO positions they are filling this FY?

cheers, mdh

Who do we call if we want to know where our file stands.  I have called my file manager three times in the last 1.5 weeks with no return call.  Is it ok to call the Captain that interviewed me?  What would be the most appropriate step in this case?  The file manager is at work and is new to the job and I do not really want to go over her head. 

acclenticularis, have you tried emailing your file manager?

I communicate to my file manager mostly through email, and I generally get a response within a couple of days. They are busy, so it is much easier to write a couple lines in email than pick up the phone and try to get a hold of someone.

acclenticularis said:
Who do we call if we want to know where our file stands.   I have called my file manager three times in the last 1.5 weeks with no return call.   Is it ok to call the Captain that interviewed me?   What would be the most appropriate step in this case?   The file manager is at work and is new to the job and I do not really want to go over her head.  

Call the Captain that interviewed you.

Back