• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA said:
There is a method to the "madness" but far more complicated than anyone could explain.  Generally, it's just a steady stream based on available applicants to available positions to available BMQ/BMOQ vacancies.

Nothing more.

Fair enough.

PS: Nothing negative meant by "madness", simply using an expression.

DAA said:
I think the 18th were for DEO occupations, so I think some of the people picked up were for DEO Pilot and have already posted here.  Other than that, not quite sure what to make of it.  Seems like pickings may have been rather slim.

If that is true then that absolutely sucks..probably won't get picked up anytime soon then I guess 

Wait a second... Isn't the recruiting process even longer after the medical/interview?

Should I be complaining or excited?

Sharp said:
Wait a second... Isn't the recruiting process even longer after the medical/interview?

Eh?

Sharp said:

I've heard of some being told they were merit listed after their interview and medical but I think before a job offer is given the medical has to clear ottawa first.

MacIssac said:
I've heard of some being told they were merit listed after their interview and medical but I think before a job offer is given the medical has to clear ottawa first.

I had my Interview a week before my Medical processing, and was told after the Interview that I am now merit listed... After the Medical, to which I was told that I am medically fit, the Medical Officer told me that my medical file has to be sent to Ottawa for a higher up to process because they can "over rule" their judgement on my medical, so they need to clear it first. If they deem me medically unfit, I will receive a letter in the mail within 6 weeks.

Hope this helps,

-Brandonfw

I figured it was something along those lines. At least you were able to get past that hurdle lol

MacIssac said:
I figured it was something along those lines. At least you were able to get past that hurdle lol

I've been waiting for over a year now haha. I am just glad that ALL the paper work on my end is now complete, and that I can relax and wait for the call :D
I figured that since it will take up to 6 weeks to see if I get mail or not, that I wont receive a call during that time, so anytime from mid April and on I could receive a call, since I was Interviewed for Veh Tech, which is in demand. But who knows, one can hope right? RIGHT?! haha

"Waiting is the hardest part" lol but I hope you get the call soon, but shows you are dedicated to be waiting over a year :salute:

Oh I know, and thanks :D

Good luck to you as well, hopefully you get all your stuff completed soon!

-Brandon

Brandonfw said:
I had my Interview a week before my Medical processing, and was told after the Interview that I am now merit listed

Did you follow up a week or two after and "confirm" that you were in fact Merit Listed?  Bet you didn't!

DAA said:
Did you follow up a week or two after and "confirm" that you were in fact Merit Listed?  Bet you didn't!

No, no I did not. It has only been 9 days since my Medical has been completed. I was told by the person who conducted my Interview to follow up after a few weeks though. :)

-Brandonfw

Brandonfw said:
No, no I did not. It has only been 9 days since my Medical has been completed. I was told by the person who conducted my Interview to follow up after a few weeks though. :)

-Brandonfw

Okay, just wanted to make sure that you knew it's a good thing to follow up a few weeks afterwards.

DAA said:
Okay, just wanted to make sure that you knew it's a good thing to follow up a few weeks afterwards.

I just got off the phone with them now, and I was told that, No I am not merit listed right now, as my medical has to clear first, and to call back within the next two weeks to find out if I have been as I have been "recommended". During my Interview, my Interviewer said she noticed that I have called for updates several times which is good. I will call back next Friday for another update and see, and so forth.

Thanks for letting me know none the less DAA :)

-Brandonfw

Spoke to a recruiter at CFRC Toronto today he said that selections for NCM's such as infantry were on the 18th but even though you may have been selected they have to wait for some sort of priority list from Ottawa to be updated before they can let us know. Hopefully DAA can confirm this to be true? Dont give up hope just yet boys ;D

Rohandro said:
Spoke to a recruiter at CFRC Toronto today he said that selections for NCM's such as infantry were on the 18th but even though you may have been selected they have to wait for some sort of priority list from Ottawa to be updated before they can let us know. Hopefully DAA can confirm this to be true? Dont give up hope just yet boys ;D

That's what I was talking about before, I was told when I called that they will hopefully receive this list by April 1st.

LOL sorry man when you said april 1st I didnt know actually know what you were talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back