• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone, 'tis day 3 of the selection process... Calls ought to be rolling out shortly.

Best of luck to all merit listees and long time waiters.

about 20 mins ago I GOT A CALL!!! from my mom at work telling me to take out the trash (im serious). Man, this is torture

tejsinghm said:
about 20 mins ago I GOT A CALL!!! from my mom at work telling me to take out the trash (im serious). Man, this is torture

I feel the pain. About 35 mins ago I looked at my cell and it was on silent so I had a missed call...

Heart racing I call my voicemain to check the message and it was a temp agency I worked for asking if I was still available for on call shifts...

Needless to say I didnt call back. Im pissed.

tejsinghm said:

Hahaha me too every call I get I think is from ``Gouv. Canada``

Zulopol said:
Hahaha me too every call I get I think is from ``Gouv. Canada``

Thats going to be everyones issue this week I fear... But hey, were all being attentive arent we.

I was just starting to feel pretty despairing for not having gotten a call yet, so it's nice to see I'm not alone. Best of luck to all!

I think call will be rolling out like tomorrow, friday and a bit the next week

I was reading early on in yhis thread and it looks like most of the selections take about 4-5 days to start rolling out. So it does look like tomorrow and Friday theyll start bouncing around... Race ya to see who posts about it first! :p

My phone rang this morning with a number I didn't recognize. Thinking it could have been the CF, I immediatly respond.

Now I have an appointement with my dentist.. so cool

Folks:

I know you're excited. I know you're anxious. I know this is probably one of the single most important steps of your life. 'Pretty sure it is for everyone.

So how about we stop guesstimating when it'll happen, if it'll happen, what you'll be doing when, wondering if you missed it, wondering if they accidentally dialed the wrong number, wondering if there's something wrong with your voicemail, wondering if they decided to take you off the merit-list and didn't notify you, etc., etc., etc.

How about WHEN someone actually receives a call they post the wonderful news that everyone is just dying to hear. That might be a little more helpful.

This thread has the majority of my attention right now and I have to say I'm more then happy to hear any kind of news about anything selection oriented from any of my possible fellow comrades that have been patiently waiting. Looking forward to seeing all your posts tomorrow ...or soon!

Hello!

So I have been a guest around here for a long time as I have been considering a career in the CF for many years, and finally at 41 have decided that the time is now for me to "s*** or get off the pot" and I got my application in.

I have been reading your posts about this week being selection week, and since I just got my file sent to Ottawa last Friday (May 23), I clearly won't be considered for this round of selection. Does anyone know how many selection dates there are? (monthly? quarterly? on an as needed basis??) 

Does selection vary by trade... or like everything else I've read on these forums, is the answer a resounding "it depends"!? ;)

Good luck to all on their selection.  :yellow:

stayfrosty said:
Hello!

So I have been a guest around here for a long time as I have been considering a career in the CF for many years, and finally at 41 have decided that the time is now for me to "s*** or get off the pot" and I got my application in.

I have been reading your posts about this week being selection week, and since I just got my file sent to Ottawa last Friday (May 23), I clearly won't be considered for this round of selection. Does anyone know how many selection dates there are? (monthly? quarterly? on an as needed basis??) 

Does selection vary by trade... or like everything else I've read on these forums, is the answer a resounding "it depends"!? ;)

Good luck to all on their selection.  :yellow:

Unfortunately, it really does depend. If youre a straight A student, played every extra curricular sport, volunteered hundreds of hours, and have never been canned from a job you could still be waiting years for a call.. It all depends on the trade you select and the likelihood of it becoming open and with enough slots to for you to squeeze in.

My guess is as long as it's a support role youve selected, theres likely going to be a mid summer-fall BMQ selection for those trades. Combat arms on the other hand I have no clue.

BeyondTheNow said:
Folks:

I know you're excited. I know you're anxious. I know this is probably one of the single most important steps of your life. 'Pretty sure it is for everyone.

So how about we stop guesstimating when it'll happen, if it'll happen, what you'll be doing when, wondering if you missed it, wondering if they accidentally dialed the wrong number, wondering if there's something wrong with your voicemail, wondering if they decided to take you off the merit-list and didn't notify you, etc., etc., etc.

How about WHEN someone actually receives a call they post the wonderful news that everyone is just dying to hear. That might be a little more helpful.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back