• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck_HRA said:
Not all people in recruiting have access to the same information in CFRIMS (Canadian Forces Recruiting Information Management System) so it is very possible that your recruiter cannot see the information.  With that said, although there are some serials that have anywhere from 1-6 spots unfilled it appears that 6-Aug is the BMQ serial that is being loaded with offers at the moment.

As an aside for new people on the thread, by him using "NCO" anyone with military experience knows that he meant "NCM" - an NCO is an NCM, just at a rank higher than Private/Ordinary Seaman (I don't have the regs handy but from memory a Corporal/Leading Seaman & Sergeant/Petty Officer 2nd Class are called NCO's - this also extends to MCpl/MS as that is not a rank it is an appointment).

Ahh, that makes more sense! Thanks for the information! Truly appreciate it! :)

For the ROTP 18/19 FY, are all of those numbers for students that would be going to university Sept 18-Apr 19, or does it include Sept 19-April 20. Also I noticed the Armd O and Arty O ROTP numbers did not move, have selections happened for that occupation? I also noted that Inf O went down, so was there already an Infantry O selection?

JP4422 said:
For the ROTP 18/19 FY, are all of those numbers for students that would be going to university Sept 18-Apr 19, or does it include Sept 19-April 20. Also I noticed the Armd O and Arty O ROTP numbers did not move, have selections happened for that occupation? I also noted that Inf O went down, so was there already an Infantry O selection?

The numbers given are for anyone being enrolled between 1-April-2018 to 31-March-2019; traditionally individuals start school in September.
The numbers posted are for total intake, not how many are remaining.

Thanks for replying to my last post. Last question I swear  :whistle: How many spots remain for Inf O, and if possible Arty O and Armd O for ROTP 18/19?

JP4422 said:
Thanks for replying to my last post. Last question I swear  :whistle: How many spots remain for Inf O, and if possible Arty O and Armd O for ROTP 18/19?
Remaining spots are not numbers I have available as the selection list is currently protected within the RMC & selections teams; many applicants have been selected but offers have not been generated and as such the information is protected.

Hi Buck,

I was wondering how long it usually takes to hear if you got selected after a selection date. I am currently applying to ROTP Pilot and I was placed on the competition list April 3rd and I know that there was a selection on the 10th. If I haven't heard anything yet am I to assume that I wasn't selected on that selection date? Thanks for all your help!

Justadude,

If you search and read the site many of your questions have already been asked and answered:

from Buck_HRA
Selections will continue to occur until the specific occupation & entry plan has been filled with the number of applicants that the CAF has identified as requiring for that Fiscal Year.

Please note that the above are "general" guidelines and at any point a projected/schedule selection can be pushed/moved for a variety of reasons.

Time Frame: After a selection it can take 3-5 business days for a CFRC to be informed of who was selected, from there it can take another 5-7 business for an applicant to be informed (depending on the workload of a CFRC, and when the applicant is set to do BMQ/BMOQ).  This translates to a total of 8-12 business days from when a selection occurs to when the applicant is informed of the offer.

Specific Dates
Please note that Selection Dates are designed as a planning tool to help guide Recruiting Detachments in prioritizing files; as such specific dates of projected selections will not be posted.  The actual dates can change for a variety of reasons; and while there is information available to recruiters as to what the projected dates are, it does not manage the expectations of applicants to inform them that a selection will occur on a specific date only for it to be delayed.

As always the most accurate and up to date information is from your CFRC.

Hi,

Hope this hasn't been asked before but I couldn't find the answer with a cursory search. The info I'm seeing says DEO selections happen monthly, but is that referring to every position or just the DEO stream in general? I'm specifically interested in whether DEO pilot has monthly selections. Thanks for any information you can share.

jonii said:
Hi,

Hope this hasn't been asked before but I couldn't find the answer with a cursory search. The info I'm seeing says DEO selections happen monthly, but is that referring to every position or just the DEO stream in general? I'm specifically interested in whether DEO pilot has monthly selections. Thanks for any information you can share.

Jonii,

Your answer is stickied at the top of the other sub-thread:
The Recruiting Process :  Selection Date Information

Buck_HRA said:
DEO - There is no application deadline.  Selections happen monthly.

and just as important:

Specific Dates
Please note that Selection Dates are designed as a planning tool to help guide Recruiting Detachments in prioritizing files; as such specific dates of projected selections will not be posted.  The actual dates can change for a variety of reasons; and while there is information available to recruiters as to what the projected dates are, it does not manage the expectations of applicants to inform them that a selection will occur on a specific date only for it to be delayed.

As this is an unofficial site, the most accurate and up to date information on Selection Dates is your respective CFRC.

Hey Buck!

I saw that August 6 was loading earlier this month from your post for NCM Infantry. I was just wondering that course is full? And if it is full, is there another BMQ being filled for infantry? And also when selections for NCM Infantry are happening?

Hi buck,

Do you know how many spots are left for french DEO bmoq of august?

Thanks a lot,

Brandon.U said:
Hey Buck!

I saw that August 6 was loading earlier this month from your post for NCM Infantry. I was just wondering that course is full? And if it is full, is there another BMQ being filled for infantry? And also when selections for NCM Infantry are happening?

Both 6 August and 13 August are basically full.  The next date is 20 August; please note that BMQ's are not filled for specific occupations - whether you're an HRA, FSA, Inf, Art (etc) you can be on the same BMQ - the only division is BMQ for NCM's and BMOQ for Officer's (and English / French).

As to when selections are happening, kratz post just before yours has all the information that I would normally respond with. 

Milerup said:
Hi buck,

Do you know how many spots are left for french DEO bmoq of august?

Thanks a lot,

As of today's date there are approx 12 positions remaining on the Franco BMOQ in August.

Hello Folks,

I have a few questions that I hope someone could answer for me:

1. According to the CFLR website (http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page), the last 12-week-long BMOQ, L-Series, is scheduled to start on September 10, 2018. Do I assume it correctly that based on the 12-week duration, this would be the course for DEO applicants?

2. Do I also assume it correctly that after September, the next DEO intake is not going to happen until 2019?

3. What are the remaining # spots left for DEO Ms Eng and DEO NWO?

Thank you!

Living the Dream said:
Hello Folks,

I have a few questions that I hope someone could answer for me:

1. According to the CFLR website (http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page), the last 12-week-long BMOQ, L-Series, is scheduled to start on September 10, 2018. Do I assume it correctly that based on the 12-week duration, this would be the course for DEO applicants?

2. Do I also assume it correctly that after September, the next DEO intake is not going to happen until 2019?

3. What are the remaining # spots left for DEO Ms Eng and DEO NWO?

Thank you!

1.  Yes the "L-Series" is the BMOQ course done in one shot (i.e. not broke up) so it's for DEO applicants.

2. There is a difference between "intake" and going away on Basic Training.  Intake / Selections will still occur between those months however once the September BMOQ is full anyone selected will be placed on the January BMOQ.

3. As of today's date approx 75% of the DEO MS ENG positions are open and approx 80% of the DEO NWO positions remain open.

Cheers

Buck_HRA said:
2. There is a difference between "intake" and going away on Basic Training.  Intake / Selections will still occur between those months however once the September BMOQ is full anyone selected will be placed on the January BMOQ.

Cheers

Hey Buck, to add to this question: are there still spaces in the August/September DEO BMOQ (in particular L0004E,L0006E,L0007E) with a special interest if they are taking any more combat arm applicants (INF, AMR, ARY)? Or do BMOQ's even have spots allotted by trade?

Thanks in advance!

kb30658 said:
Hey Buck, to add to this question: are there still spaces in the August/September DEO BMOQ (in particular L0004E,L0006E,L0007E) with a special interest if they are taking any more combat arm applicants (INF, AMR, ARY)? Or do BMOQ's even have spots allotted by trade?

Thanks in advance!

I think he legit answered that trade/bmoq at least 10 times. There are not spot per trade.

kb30658 said:
Hey Buck, to add to this question: are there still spaces in the August/September DEO BMOQ (in particular L0004E,L0006E,L0007E)

I don't see "L0004E" (or the others) in the system I use; for future please post start/end dates.  However with that said I'm looking at August/September dates and although it looks like a new BMOQ with a start of 10-Sep was added; all other August/September courses are essentially full.

kb30658 said:
with a special interest if they are taking any more combat arm applicants (INF, AMR, ARY)? Or do BMOQ's even have spots allotted by trade?

I've started a new thread - "Recruiting FAQs" (https://navy.ca/forums/threads/128223.0.html); please refer to Q1.

From Buck_HRA's earlier thread answering these questions:

NCM Entry Plans
    NCM-STEP - There is no "general" application deadline; specific occupations may have a deadline - please speak with a Recruiter to confirm.  Selections happen minimum monthly.
    Unskilled/Semi-skilled/Skilled - There is no application deadline.  Selections happen twice a month minimum, sometimes weekly.

Selections will continue to occur until the specific occupation & entry plan has been filled with the number of applicants that the CAF has identified as requiring for that Fiscal Year.

Please note that the above are "general" guidelines and at any point a projected/schedule selection can be pushed/moved for a variety of reasons.

Time Frame: After a selection it can take 3-5 business days for a CFRC to be informed of who was selected, from there it can take another 5-7 business for an applicant to be informed (depending on the workload of a CFRC, and when the applicant is set to do BMQ/BMOQ).  This translates to a total of 8-12 business days from when a selection occurs to when the applicant is informed of the offer.

Specific Dates

As always the most accurate and up to date information on Selection Dates is your respective CFRC.

clmarr said:
Hi,

What are the next selection dates for AVS and AVN?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back