• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandonfw said:
I had my Interview a week before my Medical processing, and was told after the Interview that I am now merit listed... After the Medical, to which I was told that I am medically fit, the Medical Officer told me that my medical file has to be sent to Ottawa for a higher up to process because they can "over rule" their judgement on my medical, so they need to clear it first. If they deem me medically unfit, I will receive a letter in the mail within 6 weeks.

Hope this helps,

-Brandonfw

DAA is this accurate? After my medical - which was actually the same day as my interview - they told me I could not be merit-listed until AFTER Ottawa's approval.

Edit to add:

Never mind, I saw the below. It does bring up another question though: what exactly does "recommended" mean in the case DAA?:

Brandonfw said:
I just got off the phone with them now, and I was told that, No I am not merit listed right now, as my medical has to clear first, and to call back within the next two weeks to find out if I have been as I have been "recommended". During my Interview, my Interviewer said she noticed that I have called for updates several times which is good. I will call back next Friday for another update and see, and so forth.

Thanks for letting me know none the less DAA :)

-Brandonfw

Goose15 said:
DAA is this accurate? After my medical - which was actually the same day as my interview - they told me I could not be merit-listed until AFTER Ottawa's approval.

Edit to add:

Never mind, I saw the below. It does bring up another question though: what exactly does "recommended" mean in the case DAA?:

Sometimes, things can and do happen "out of sequence" but at the end of the day, everything must be done, prior to being Merit Listed.  Generally, if you do the Med and Interview on the same day, they still have to wait for the Medical Exam results to be "approved".  Provided there are no glaring issues, they could probably Merit List you without having the approved medical back but in most cases, they tend not to do that, just to be on the safe side.

So my guess the use of the term "recommended", means recommended for Merit Listing pending receipt of the approved medical.

DAA said:
Sometimes, things can and do happen "out of sequence" but at the end of the day, everything must be done, prior to being Merit Listed.  Generally, if you do the Med and Interview on the same day, they still have to wait for the Medical Exam results to be "approved".  Provided there are no glaring issues, they could probably Merit List you without having the approved medical back but in most cases, they tend not to do that, just to be on the safe side.

So my guess the use of the term "recommended", means recommended for Merit Listing pending receipt of the approved medical.

Oh okay that makes good sense. Thank you for the clarification :)

Goose15 said:
Have you double-checked to make sure you were/have been merit-listed since then? Always good and recommended [at least to myself] to make sure.

Update; I was officially merit listed on March the 10th for Aircraft Structure Technician according to my local CFRC. I was told all I can do now is wait and see do I get picked. I'm used to the waiting game, so it's nothing new to me. I've been going through the recruiting process now for 11 months. I've used the time wisely to prepare myself physically and mentally. I would recommend anyone to else do the same.

Traintosucceed said:
Update; I was officially merit listed on March the 10th for Aircraft Structure Technician according to my local CFRC. I was told all I can do now is wait and see do I get picked. I'm used to the waiting game, so it's nothing new to me. I've been going through the recruiting process now for 11 months. I've used the time wisely to prepare myself physically and mentally. I would recommend anyone to else do the same.

Glad to hear it! Good luck! :)

Good luck everyone! I'm hoping for my interview this week (wrote my aptitude test Feb 19th). Keeping those fingers crossed for you guys! :-*

Anyone else excited it's finally April tomorrow? Let's hope the word on the street is in fact true, I know I sure am  ready both mentally and physically for the next step to BMQ! Any other infantry applicants out there??

Jordan10 said:
Anyone else excited it's finally April tomorrow? Let's hope the word on the street is in fact true, I know I sure am  ready both mentally and physically for the next step to BMQ! Any other infantry applicants out there??

Haha yup fingers crossed! Infantry here as well, patiently waiting on merit for 7 months now.

Okay, sorry for the late response but I will try my best....

DeadEye229 said:
Let's hope offers go out this week!!!

Selections were done two weeks ago, if you haven't been called by now, you probably didn't get selected.

armygirl95 said:
Good luck everyone! I'm hoping for my interview this week (wrote my aptitude test Feb 19th). Keeping those fingers crossed for you guys! :-*

Good luck to you too but "Selection Dates" has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you're going to get scheduled for your Medical and Interview.

Jordan10 said:

Yup, tomorrow is April "Fools" Days!  Just another day on the calendar, has no significance unless you're a bean counter.

Seen allot of posts in the recruiting forums lately with reference to this magical date of "1 Apr".  Still can't see any significance, other than the fact it's April "Fools" Day. 

DAA said:
Selections were done two weeks ago, if you haven't been called by now, you probably didn't get selected.

What does this mean for those of us who did not receive a call? How long before the next selection date rolls around?

Traintosucceed said:
What does this mean for those of us who did not receive a call? How long before the next selection date rolls around?

I guess it means you just have to wait even more.  21 Apr,  there are no BMQ's scheduled to start in the month of May and the next one I think is like the first week of Jun.

Also, think I saw something like "Ottawa has to approve the selections and that won't be done until after 1 Apr" or something similar to that.  Good luck with that one but you never know, stranger things have happened.

The lucky few who were selected, were probably enrolled today or earlier.

DAA said:
I guess it means you just have to wait even more.  21 Apr,  there are no BMQ's scheduled to start in the month of May and the next one I think is like the first week of Jun.

Also, think I saw something like "Ottawa has to approve the selections and that won't be done until after 1 Apr" or something similar to that.  Good luck with that one but you never know, stranger things have happened.

The lucky few who were selected, were probably enrolled today or earlier.

I hear you. I've called CFRC Toronto and the individual who picks up the phone has told me the same thing twice. Wait for April 1st as those confirmed will most likely receive a call around that time. Either I'm not clear enough when I ask my question or he isn't understanding me. The individual has brought up some list...Priority list or selections list saying that they wouldn't know who is going to the next BMQ until they receive it. That is what I have been told.

Winter727 said:
Just want to get this show on the road and take my next step in life.

Tell me about it, at least you've done your medical and interview and are merit listed....

Winter727 said:
I've called CFRC Toronto and the individual who picks up the phone isn't understanding me.  The individual has brought up some list...Priority list or selections list saying that they wouldn't know who is going to the next BMQ until they receive it.

Just want to get this show on the road and take my next step in life.

Oh no, the person understands you perfectly.  They just don't know how to say what they need to say.  Simple as that.

The later part in yellow, is probably true.......

If selections actually did already happen then that really sucks. I was really hyped about it being the 1st of April hoping calls would go out. Surprises me that no one has shared that they got a call considering selections were supposedly done 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for that infantry call!

There have been a few people who got called, maybe there weren't that many spot to fill on the 18 selection, now suck it up and wait some more, most of youre post have been whining about not getting called, bitching about it on the forum wont make things any faster for you. April 21 is the next selection date good luck on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back