• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
sebas132 said:
sorry but what do you mean by skill.. unskilled applicants ?

From my understanding, and how a recruiter explained it to me pertaining to my application, this is how I understood it:

Skilled means you have both outside training as well as prior military training
Semi-skilled means you have outside training/education pertaining to the trade you want. Since I have both work experience and education I am considered on the high end of semi-skilled (so I was told).
Unskilled means you have no prior experience, no education, and no training in the trade of your choice. To put it bluntly, joe blow off the street.

Treemoss said:
From my understanding, and how a recruiter explained it to me pertaining to my application, this is how I understood it:

Skilled means you have both outside training as well as prior military training
Semi-skilled means you have outside training/education pertaining to the trade you want. Since I have both work experience and education I am considered on the high end of semi-skilled (so I was told).
Unskilled means you have no prior experience, no education, and no training in the trade of your choice. To put it bluntly, joe blow off the street.

That's pretty close.

Skilled are those with prior military experience who require NO training at the time of enrolment and are ready for immediate employment in their chosen occupation.

Semi-skilled is based on educational or professional qualifications/certifications applicable or related to the chosen occupation.  And unskilled, is just that and pretty much as you mentioned.

Skilled applicants are treated differently and semi-skilled/unskilled are usually thrown into the same group.

I have previous military experience and I was told to apply as unskilled, since I have to go through all military training.
Different armies, different ways.

thanks you very much guys.

I was just a little bit confused how a guy could be ''skilled'' to be infantry... exept  being in shape.. use to work long hours... or whatever could fit.

Hi  guys
I am new here.
I got my offer on April 26. I am just wondering how much time it usually takes to get into the next step(enrollment)?

skylarsun said:
Hi  guys
I am new here.
I got my offer on April 26. I am just wondering how much time it usually takes to get into the next step(enrollment)?

The recruiting office should have told you when they gave you your job offer.

thank you!
they sent me an email
"You will be contacted by telephone to further discuss the details of this offer and to collect information required to complete the selection process.  The date of your enrolment, as well as your reporting date, are yet to be determined but will be provided to you once available."

so the enrollment date was not provided at that time.

skylarsun said:
Hi  guys
I am new here.

ROTP?  If so, then for Montreal, enrolment will be in early Jul 14.

DAA said:
ROTP?  If so, then for Montreal, enrolment will be in early Jul 14.

thanks!
My file was transferred to Ottawa as I study in Carleton University in Ottaenwa. And I emailed my recruiter yesterday, the enrolment will be something between July 7 to 11.

I called my RC today to get a check up on my file, I wrote my CFAT about a month ago and qualified for my trades etc. I had a quick talk with a Sgt who told me that from this point on its a waiting game and to basically wait for a call for a medical/interview. Today when I called the man on the phone explained to me that basically the system works by gauging your competitiveness based on your CFAT scores, and that someone looks at your file and basically decides if you are competitive. If you are, you get picked for med/interview. All this I pretty much knew, but then he told me that if you aren't selected as a competitive application that you wont hear back from them. So what exactly does that mean for your file? Is it scrapped and is that pretty much the end of your chance at joining the CF? What happens from there. When I asked the recruiter on the phone he told me he couldn't tell if if or if not my file was selected as competitive so I am quite confused.

That's the way it works now, thankfully I know they are still processing me :)

So if you don't get a call for a medical/interview a few months after your CFAT...thats it? Your shot at joining the CF is over?

Not necessarily, just call your recruiting center and make sure they are still processing you, I know that from other people if they decided not to process you they will tell you. I am just waiting for my background check to clear and once it does I will be scheduled.

I called my File Manager today, and was told that I have been Merit Listed since May 8th, and the next Selection Date for Vehicle Tech is on the 26th of May. She said that they usually don't get the names until a few days after the selection date as it has to trickle down from Ontario to here in Halifax. So fingers crossed!! :D

Thought I would share with the ladies and gents in here that I finally, after 7 months of waiting was given date for my interview. May 29th cannot get here fast enough.

I completed my interview, medical and cfat and background check about a month ago, they told me wait a couple weeks to put u on the merit list, called today to check again, said it will be another week, so looks like I will  miss the selection date for the 26th of May.

Any idea when the next selection for RMS clerk will be?

Newguy1 said:
I completed my interview, medical and cfat and background check about a month ago, they told me wait a couple weeks to put u on the merit list, called today to check again, said it will be another week, so looks like I will  miss the selection date for the 26th of May.

Any idea when the next selection for RMS clerk will be?
Just an educated guess, around the middle of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back