• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called and was told I was on the merit and when I'm choosen for my trade they will call.. That is all

My son heard from his file manager today that he's only been merit listed for AIR STRUCTURE TECH as he was not meeting the medical requirements for Traffic Tech (He has a V4 and needed V3 for that trade)

So this means... he's awaiting selection on a pretty small trade, and only one choice. However, I told him to just hold tight to his dream and stick with what he wants...hopefully he will get the call for ACS one of these fine months in the "not-too-far future!" I'm not losing hope yet.

here's how his process is looking thus far:

Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Air Structure Tech
Trade choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: Feb 2014
Selected for further processing: Feb 2014
CFAT: Feb 19, 2014
Medical: - March 6, 2014
Interview: - March 6, 2014 (his 18th bday  )
File in Final review/ references contacted: early April
Merit Listed: - April 28, 2014 confirmed merit listed by File mgr (could have been sooner but that's when he emailed her to confirm he was indeed merit listed)
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in:-

I had the same problem as your son... i was v4 too and did not meet the standard for the job i wanted .. so i decide to go do the lasik eye operation last month ..and now im v1 .. it cost a lot but it really worth it .. now that im v1 i can do every combat arm job and dont have to pay for the rest of my life for a pair of glasse ... if you can afford it ... it may be a good option

shawn l said:
I had the same problem as your son... i was v4 too and did not meet the standard for the job i wanted .. so i decide to go do the lasik eye operation last month ..and now im v1 .. it cost a lot but it really worth it .. now that im v1 i can do every combat arm job and dont have to pay for the rest of my life for a pair of glasse ... if you can afford it ... it may be a good option
May I ask you how much did it cost, because I'm currently thinking about it so I can add armour back.

If you get lasik, it will suspend your application for one year I believe, as you have to wait one year after your lasik operation to be cleared. It might be six months but im pretty sure its one year

Has anyone dealing with the Halifax CFRC heard any news? I seem to be having difficulty getting through.

Coady18 said:
Has anyone dealing with the Halifax CFRC heard any news? I seem to be having difficulty getting through.

I got a hold of them yesterday around 1:30 but usually I can never get through. No good news came of it though anyway :(

Newguy1 said:
If you get lasik, it will suspend your application for one year I believe, as you have to wait one year after your lasik operation to be cleared. It might be six months but im pretty sure its one year

I failed my first medical because my eyesight was too bad for any combat arms job. So I walked out, two weeks later I was under the knife, and after 3 months I was cleared for combat arms. It coated me over 3000, but it was well worth it!

Red Iron said:
I failed my first medical because my eyesight was too bad for any combat arms job. So I walked out, two weeks later I was under the knife, and after 3 months I was cleared for combat arms. It coated me over 3000, but it was well worth it!

I also had the exact same experience including only 3 month wait until cleared for combat arms. Granted this was May 2013 I was cleared, things could have changed?

its not 1 year or 6 month ... my recruter tell me its 3 to 4 month ... on the lasik md site they say its 490$ by eye but me it cost me 4000$ for the 2 eyes .. but i took the big package ...custom lasik laser 100% with life time free retouch .. it cost more but the heal time is really faster .... and sorry for the misspelling  i dont write english very often

Coady18 said:

I spoke with my file manager yesterday here at CFRC Halifax, she said that I have been selected for Vehicle Tech from the May 26th selection, and I start my BMQ on July 21st!!! Woot! She said I will receive the call this week coming to accept the offer. I cannot wait till July 21st now!!

Brandonfw said:
I spoke with my file manager yesterday here at CFRC Halifax, she said that I have been selected for Vehicle Tech from the May 26th selection, and I start my BMQ on July 21st!!! Woot! She said I will receive the call this week coming to accept the offer. I cannot wait till July 21st now!!

Congrats Brandon!!! Glad to see you finally got your offer.

Thanks!! It has been a VERY long process, but well worth the wait!  ;D

Brandonfw said:
Thanks!! It has been a VERY long process, but well worth the wait!  ;D
Oh you don't need to tell me, haha I applied a month later and look how far I have gotten.  :facepalm: I will be so relieved when I get my medical and interview scheduled/done.

shawn l said:
its not 1 year or 6 month ... my recruiter tell me its 3 to 4 month ... on the lasik md site they say its 490$ by eye but me it cost me 4000$ for the 2 eyes .. but i took the big package ...custom lasik laser 100% with life time free retouch .. it cost more but the heal time is really faster .... and sorry for the misspelling  i dont write english very often
Alright, thanks everyone for the answers,  i'll do it this summer.

shawn l said:
its not 1 year or 6 month ... my recruter tell me its 3 to 4 month ... on the lasik md site they say its 490$ by eye but me it cost me 4000$ for the 2 eyes .. but i took the big package ...custom lasik laser 100% with life time free retouch .. it cost more but the heal time is really faster .... and sorry for the misspelling  i dont write english very often

I going for my consultation with the doctor this week to have my eyes done. I have just started my application have finished my cfat this week. 6 months is already the least amount of time I was expecting to wait anyway, does anyone know if they will continue processing while you heal from surgery and are cleared or do you have to wait till your fully healed before they continue processing.

Your file will be closed until you are 'ready' (3 months)  then update them that you had your surgery and they will schedule your medical to continue to verify you now qualify for combat arms trades

SJantzi said:
Your file will be closed until you are 'ready' (3 months)  then update them that you had your surgery and they will schedule your medical to continue to verify you now qualify for combat arms trades

I was just planning on having the surgery an then telling them about it at my medical when that happens seeing as it my be longer than 3 months till the medical and if they close my file it would just be a addition 3 months or however long for me to wait for my application to continue to get processed.

So my question is it really need necessary to inform the recruitment centre when I am already waiting anyway.

So it appears you didn't even do your medical yet for them to decline you and close your file.
Technically yes it won't close if you never tell them. BUT If they already know you require corrective lenses I would definitely let them know. If you do say something your medical could be waiting for you after the 3 month mark.

So in then end through all they hypotheticals I'd advise telling them because if you get your medical scheduled in the second month of healing you will in the end have to tell them and cancel causing frustrations, and my guess if they love to keep updated with what your doing to make you more competitive

SJantzi said:
So it appears you didn't even do your medical yet for them to decline you and close your file.
Technically yes it won't close if you never tell them. BUT If they already know you require corrective lenses I would definitely let them know. If you do say something your medical could be waiting for you after the 3 month mark.

So in then end through all they hypotheticals I'd advise telling them because if you get your medical scheduled in the second month of healing you will in the end have to tell them and cancel causing frustrations, and my guess if they love to keep updated with what your doing to make you more competitive

Thank you for your thoughts I will definitely take them into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back