• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i thought that was in response to the question about NCSE selections not all DEO selections on May 31, I didn't realize that selection hasn't taken place yet because of a pushback. So its likely the CRFCs wont even be notifying anyone until next week or the week after depending on when the new selection date is this week, with regards to the time it takes to pass that information on to each location afterwards.

Hi Buck_HRA!

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, but sadly, I have one of my own, which will add to your work load  ;) :

I know that you cannot say exactly how many spots are left for a given trade, but do you happen to know if they are still taking people for DEO MPO for this fiscal year?

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Can anyone confirm if the DEO selection HAS taken place this week, since I was postponed from the 31st?

Specifically interested in MARS and AEC. Have they been selected, and if so, are there any openings left? As my recruitment center mentioned there would be another selection at the end of this month.

Daishi said:
Can anyone confirm if the DEO selection HAS taken place this week, since I was postponed from the 31st?

Specifically interested in MARS and AEC. Have they been selected, and if so, are there any openings left? As my recruitment center mentioned there would be another selection at the end of this month.

Hi, I'm also applying for MARS. I called into my recruiting center earlier this week and the sergeant on call mentioned that there are currently 33 spots out of 50 still open.
He also said that the May selections for officers have taken place but that there will another round at the end of June
Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.
Best of luck

WineDarkSea said:
Hi, I'm also applying for MARS. I called into my recruiting center earlier this week and the sergeant on call mentioned that there are currently 33 spots out of 50 still open.
He also said that the May selections for officers have taken place but that there will another round at the end of June
Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.
Best of luck

But we have someone in the thread that said the May selection was postponed to this week.

pyrocyborg said:
First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, but sadly, I have one of my own, which will add to your work load  ;) :
I know that you cannot say exactly how many spots are left for a given trade, but do you happen to know if they are still taking people for DEO MPO for this fiscal year?
It's my pleasure to help out the navy.ca/air-force.ca/army.ca/milnet.ca forum community.  In regards to your question the intended intake for DEO MPO this year is 9 (current as of 12-Jun-17) and more than 50% of those positions remain open.  The CAF is no longer processing new applications this year; however they are still processing application that have been previously received and are already in the system.

Daishi said:
A selection did occur late last week; however the names have not be sent out to the respective CFRCs as of yet; it will be at least another 2-3 business before quality control is completed and the names are released to the CFRCs. With that said as of todays date there are plenty of DEO MARS & DEO AEC positions remaining.  The next projected selection is 5-Jul-17; again this is simply a projected date and may have to be shifted for a multitude of reasons.

WineDarkSea said:
Daishi said:
But we have someone in the thread that said the May selection was postponed to this week.
You are both right, even though the "May" selection was delayed to last week, it is still considered the "May" selection.  The next projected selection is not at the end of June; it's at the beginning of July (5-July) for DEO.  Again like my earlier statements this is a projected date only and can be shifted for a multitude of reasons.

Thanks for keeping us posted!  :salute:

Buck_HRA said:
It's my pleasure to help out the navy.ca/air-force.ca/army.ca/milnet.ca forum community.  In regards to your question the intended intake for DEO MPO this year is 9 (current as of 12-Jun-17) and more than 50% of those positions remain open.  The CAF is no longer processing new applications this year; however they are still processing application that have been previously received and are already in the system.
A selection did occur late last week; however the names have not be sent out to the respective CFRCs as of yet; it will be at least another 2-3 business before quality control is completed and the names are released to the CFRCs. With that said as of todays date there are plenty of DEO MARS & DEO AEC positions remaining.  The next projected selection is 5-Jul-17; again this is simply a projected date and may have to be shifted for a multitude of reasons.
You are both right, even though the "May" selection was delayed to last week, it is still considered the "May" selection.  The next projected selection is not at the end of June; it's at the beginning of July (5-July) for DEO.  Again like my earlier statements this is a projected date only and can be shifted for a multitude of reasons.

Hi Buck_HRA and good day everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was aware of the MP Selection dates this month for NCM positions. Also, although this could be asked in the MP threads, I was wondering if the MPAC is still in place or if they are using an alternative selection process. Thanks kindly !

Thank you Buck!

Now, when you say there are plenty of positions remaining.... I was told I was on the competition list for both.

Can I assume that not everyone on that list gets picked, even tho there are still positions remaining? Or does everyone on that list get picked until all the positions are filled.

It would be kind of heartbreaking to be on that competition list, but never get selected even tho there are positions available that have not been filled :(

Especially after being in the process for a little over 2 years due to medical files being lost, and the like.

Daishi said:
Or does everyone on that list get picked until all the positions are filled.

No... and he covered this numerous times with specific examples:

1) You might be #2 at 10am, but 50 people could be processed through the day and you could drop to #42 because 40 of those 50 files are stronger than yours.  Then next day you could move from #42 to #22 because 20 people have decided to withdraw their applications.  There are many factors in where a person is sitting on the competition list and because of this the information is not released simply because it is too fluid.

2)As for percentages, it doesn't work like that - during each Selection they will select individuals based on their performance (CFAT, TSD, Interview) scores; the CAF has been at this a long time so just because there's 50 people who want Infantry in the Competition List and they still have 100+ spots doesn't mean all 50 will receive offers - only up to a certain score will receive offers & if at the end of the year there are still positions than those with lower scores may receive an offer.

His words. Not mine.

Buck_HRA said:

Thank you very much for your answer. Considering that I applied back in January, passed the CFAT, interview and medical (not cleared yet), but that I am still waiting for the MP/MPO selection process, would my file be considered as already in the system when it comes to the MPO trade?

HkCA said:
I was wondering if anyone was aware of the MP Selection dates this month for NCM positions. Also, although this could be asked in the MP threads, I was wondering if the MPAC is still in place or if they are using an alternative selection process. Thanks kindly !
Please have a read through the forums: http://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html
Buck_HRA said:
NCM Entry Plans
    Unskilled/Semi-skilled/Skilled - There is no application deadline.  Selections happen every 2 weeks minimum, sometimes weekly.
As MP is an NCM Semi-skilled occupation, selections occur every 2 weeks.  The projected dates are 21-Jun and 5-Jul and will continue every 2 weeks until the intake is completed.

Daishi said:
Can I assume that not everyone on that list gets picked, even tho there are still positions remaining? Or does everyone on that list get picked until all the positions are filled.
It would be kind of heartbreaking to be on that competition list, but never get selected even tho there are positions available that have not been filled :(
Thank you John, you quoted my posts perfectly and to expand on that:
- The CAF gets over 40,000 applications a year to join the CAF.  Some of those applications don't make it through to the competition list for various reasons (CFAT issues, medical issues, NPD issues, debt issues, etc) but the mass majority do - and the intake is between 5,000-6,000 most years - so as you can imagine there are plenty of disappointed each year as only approximately 15% of those who apply to join the CAF are given an offer of employment.

pyrocyborg said:
Thank you very much for your answer. Considering that I applied back in January, passed the CFAT, interview and medical (not cleared yet), but that I am still waiting for the MP/MPO selection process, would my file be considered as already in the system when it comes to the MPO trade?
Without looking at your specific file I cannot make comment on whether you're still being processed.  As always the best source of information is your recruiting centre; so your best bet is to contact your CFRC and ask if your file is still eligible to be moved forward in the process for FY 17/18 or if you're going to have to wait until next year.

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has received a DEO offer from the May selection so far?

Hey Buck, I was wondering if there are still positions remaining for both ROTP Inf & ROTP Int (Civ University).

Hi everyone, I think I was added to the merit list in the last week or 2 (not sure about the exact dates).

Does anyone know if there are still spots this year for Marine Tech? (Applied in October as Marine Engineer but as I understand it people are now being processed as Marine Tech)

Thank you!

Sent the recruitment center an email to inquire.

I'd really like some good news  :-\

Hey,

I got an offer for DEO AEC from the May selection. I was called on June 9th. :)

Best of luck!

jkhan6227 said:
Hey Buck, I was wondering if there are still positions remaining for both ROTP Inf & ROTP Int (Civ University).
There is currently approximately 10% of the original intake for both ROTP Inf & ROTP Int remaining as of today's date.  I don't see the split of RMC vice CivU with that number; only that there is approximately 10% of the intake remaining.

BC604 said:
Does anyone know if there are still spots this year for Marine Tech? (Applied in October as Marine Engineer but as I understand it people are now being processed as Marine Tech)

Yes Mar Eng along with a few other occupations was "merged" to become Mar Tech.  There are still quite a few positions (over 50%) remaining this year year for Mar Tech.  Best of luck in your recruiting process.

Alpha dog said:
I got an offer for DEO AEC from the May selection. I was called on June 9th. :)

Congrats!!

Hello,

I have been on the competitive list for a 3-4 month now for Intelligence Officer and I saw on the Canadian Forces website that this position is not hiring right now.

Does this mean I have to wait till the next fiscal year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back