• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
snowrunner said:
Hello,

I have been on the competitive list for a 3-4 month now for Intelligence Officer and I saw on the Canadian Forces website that this position is not hiring right now.

Does this mean I have to wait till the next fiscal year?

Best bet is to contact your recruiter. As for that trade in specific...there are very little spots usually...and they mostly just recruit rockstars for that position. Like...people with masters in foreign policies and tons of work and experience in a related field and the like. Its quite a hard trade to get into. Best of luck!

Daishi said:
Best bet is to contact your recruiter. As for that trade in specific...there are very little spots usually...and they mostly just recruit rockstars for that position. Like...people with masters in foreign policies and tons of work and experience in a related field and the like. Its quite a hard trade to get into. Best of luck!

Last time I checked (i also applied for intel) there is only one position left. I hope you had other trades listed.

snowrunner said:
I have been on the competitive list for a 3-4 month now for Intelligence Officer and I saw on the Canadian Forces website that this position is not hiring right now.
Does this mean I have to wait till the next fiscal year?
weltgeist said:
Last time I checked (i also applied for intel) there is only one position left. I hope you had other trades listed.

The projected intake for DEO IntO for 2017/2018 was 5, at the moment 2 people have already been enrolled and 3 more have received offers.  Two things to take away from this information:
1) While there are 3 active offers, something could occur between now and their potential enrollment date that would make it so that a spot opens back up; and
2) At times projected numbers change through the year - last year several occupations that I pay attention to had 4 intake increases through the year.

You might not have to wait until next year, but it is very possible that you will.

As always, Recruiting is your best source of information.

Buck_HRA said:
The projected intake for DEO IntO for 2017/2018 was 5, at the moment 2 people have already been enrolled and 3 more have received offers.  Two things to take away from this information:
1) While there are 3 active offers, something could occur between now and their potential enrollment date that would make it so that a spot opens back up; and
2) At times projected numbers change through the year - last year several occupations that I pay attention to had 4 intake increases through the year.

You might not have to wait until next year, but it is very possible that you will.

As always, Recruiting is your best source of information.

Good afternoon!
Do you know how many positions currently remain open for Nursing Officer or HCA?

Appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white-1 said:
Do you know how many positions currently remain open for Nursing Officer or HCA?
There are no positions remaining for ROTP or DEO Nurse as of today's date.
There are no positions remaining for DEO HCA and 1 position remaining for ROTP HCA.

As per my previous statement on here: "at times projected numbers change through the year - last year several occupations that I pay attention to had 4 intake increases through the year." so the above information doesn't necessarily mean you won't be picked this year.

Hi Buck, I was wondering if there are any positions remaining for ROTP Infantry. Also, If I plan to apply for NCM, do I apply again through online?

jkhan6227 said:
Hi Buck, I was wondering if there are any positions remaining for ROTP Infantry. Also, If I plan to apply for NCM, do I apply again through online?
There are still positions remaining, although not many (less than 10%).  If you wish to switch to NCM you do not need to apply again, just contact your Recruiting Detachment and let them know that you wish to switch from an Officer application to an NCM application (note you cannot apply to both an Officer occupation and NCM occupation at the same time).

Cheers

Hey Buck,
I was wondering if you have any info on the next date for NCM selections as I am now on the merit list and curious about possible selections.

Thanks in advance!  :cdn:

I'm on the list for NCM infantry, anyone know how many positions are open? Thanks

FinnO25 said:
I was wondering if you have any info on the next date for NCM selections as I am now on the merit list and curious about possible selections.
Good Day, as per the "Common Recruiting Questions" thread (http://navy.ca/forums/threads/125733.0.html ); I created a post the covers this question.  "Selection Date Information" (http://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html )

Exact dates are only "projected" and subject to change, but selections occur every 2 weeks for NCM Unskilled.

Buck_HRA said:
    Unskilled/Semi-skilled/Skilled - There is no application deadline.  Selections happen every 2 weeks minimum, sometimes weekly.

GJDenman said:
I'm on the list for NCM infantry, anyone know how many positions are open? Thanks
LOTS, seriously the projected intake for NCM Infantry for 17/18 is over 900 and approximately 60% of the positions remain open as of today's date.

Cheers

Thanks alot Buck!  :salute:

Also to answer a previous question, I talked to my recruiting center today, the officer handling my case told me that as of today approximately 568 spots for infantry remain open. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but judging who told me i feel pretty confident in the information.

Apparently there will be (if they dont post pone it) a huge selection for some DEO trades on the 5th of July.

I just found out my medical cleared on the 17th, so heres hoping for a phone call, lol.

Hey Buck, could you confirm if the July 5th selection happened, and what the remaining DEO MARS and AEC numbers looks like?

Thanks as always!

There were selection boards that occurred on various days last week, which occupations that covered I'm not 100% sure of.
Please keep in mind that it can take up to 10 business days after a selection has occurred for the RC's to contact applicants that were selected.

As for remaining numbers, I can give that number next week.

Hey Buck,

Thanks for all the info you provide us...

I just wanted to know if the Comm Research and Int Op are still open?

Thanks again

Just got my job offer today. Good luck to my fellow applicants

Congrats , when is you're BMQ start date? I am guesstimating I'll receive my offer around October time frame hopefully , infantry as well.

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the selection date (in July) for DOTP has occurred yet? And also how many spots are remaining? Any information is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Daishi said:
What the remaining DEO MARS and AEC numbers looks like?

The numbers available to me today are that over 50% of the DEO MARS positions remain open and just over 25% of the DEO AEC positions remain open.

mrswoodca said:
I just wanted to know if the Comm Research and Int Op are still open?

The numbers available to me today are that over 50% of the Comm Rsch positions remain open and just over 25% of the Int Op positions remain open.

dentistry said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the selection date (in July) for DOTP has occurred yet? And also how many spots are remaining? Any information is very appreciated.

The DOTP Selection for July has not occurred yet, it will hopefully occur sometime next week.  Please note that it can take 5-10 days from the selection occurring to the CFRC's informing individuals who were selected.  19 positions remain for DOTP as of today's date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back