• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a "approved for further processing" email after having my file "on hold" for AEC. I will be getting my interview and medical soon.

Would they be looking at my file for the next years intake or this year? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Buck,

Are remaining DEO positions filled out at the end of the year or are they just readjusted for the following year.

Thanks!

EpicBeardedMan said:
Can I bug you for the numbers for Comm Rsrch Op? Im confused because the Hamilton CFRC Det Commander was away on course so my file has been sitting on their desk for almost 2 months now waiting to get merit listed, yet I see people getting offers from the very same CFRC? Not sure if there are multiple Det Commanders...? Getting pretty frustrated.
Approx 33% of the positions remain open.  I would verify what is sitting with the det Commander; without seeing your file I can't state with 100% certainty, however I would hazard to guess that it's your Reliability Screening that is waiting for the det Commander.  The det Commander is the only person with the authority within each CFRC to sign them.  If the other people already have that completed and were on the Competition List that is why they're getting offers.  There are not multiple det Commanders; each detachment has 1 det Commander - during the months of Sept/Oct the det Commanders have been quite busy due to courses and a Commanders Conference.

colinreid16 said:
I received a "approved for further processing" email after having my file "on hold" for AEC. I will be getting my interview and medical soon.
Would they be looking at my file for the next years intake or this year? 
Yes.  So with where we are in the year they're still processing intake for 2017/2018 - however with how late it is in the year your file may not make it to Competition until the 2018/2019 recruiting year.

Northstar86 said:
Hello Buck, do you know how many spots are left for Med Tech this fiscal year? Thank-you

Approximately 50% of the positions remain open for Med Tech as of today's date.

mechabot said:
Are remaining DEO positions filled out at the end of the year or are they just readjusted for the following year.

In my years of working within Recruiting I don't think I've seen a year where there where unfilled DEO positions by the end of the year; and they didn't do a mass fill. Right now the delay in selecting DEO's is that there are only so many BMOQ positions, so selections are occurring based on priority hiring (i.e. only those with the highest scores are being selected right now).

Hi Buck.

Just curious how many positions are left for Weapons Technician (Land) or is it closed for the year?
Is April around the time trades reopen for the new year?

Buck_HRA said:
Yes.  So with where we are in the year they're still processing intake for 2017/2018 - however with how late it is in the year your file may not make it to Competition until the 2018/2019 recruiting year.

Thank you again Buck!
Just a follow-up question;  when does 2017/18 end and 18/19 begin. I'm assuming when 2017/18 positions are filled. I'm just hoping to receive a close estimate as to where I may be situated in the selection periods.

colinreid16 said:
Thank you again Buck!
Just a follow-up question;  when does 2017/18 end and 18/19 begin. I'm assuming when 2017/18 positions are filled. I'm just hoping to receive a close estimate as to where I may be situated in the selection periods.

I'm pretty sure that CAF operates on a fiscal year of April 1st- March 31

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the amount of DEO MARS positions left for this selection period. I am currently on the National Competition List and have been there for some time with out any change in my status.

Thanks

Hi Simply,

The last update I received from my recruiting centre in late September was that 32 of 50 spots remain open for DEO MARS for this fiscal year. No change in the numbers since May according to my recruiting centre. I've seen posts from 6 or 7 others awaiting MARS selection, myself included, during this time. All we can do is be patient. Best of luck going forward.

Primus said:
Just curious how many positions are left for Weapons Technician (Land) or is it closed for the year?
Is April around the time trades reopen for the new year?

Weapons Tech is closed for the year.  Normally Recruiting gets it's new numbers in late December/early January and starts processing by end January/early February (depending on occupation/entry plan).

colinreid16 said:

The Canadian Armed Forces operates on the Fiscal Year, the same as the Federal Government, so 2017/2018 ends on 31-Mar-18 and 2018/2019 starts on 1-Apr-18.  Someone could be picked in February though for 2018/2019 but their enrollment date wouldn't be until after 1-April-18

simplysecond said:
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the amount of DEO MARS positions left for this selection period. I am currently on the National Competition List and have been there for some time with out any change in my status.

As of today's date there are approximately 50% of the positions remaining for MARS DEO.  And there has been some selected since May.

Buck_HRA said:
The Canadian Armed Forces operates on the Fiscal Year, the same as the Federal Government, so 2017/2018 ends on 31-Mar-18 and 2018/2019 starts on 1-Apr-18.  Someone could be picked in February though for 2018/2019 but their enrollment date wouldn't be until after 1-April-18

Thank You for the clarification, Buck_HRA.

Hey Buck,

I called 2-3 weeks ago, ive been told there were selection on 29th Sept. and 16th Oct. for Steward, i got no call yet :( Do you know if by now its more likely to go to spring or can i expect a call any time ?

Thanks!  :cowboy:

Hey Buck,

Just a quick question.

I recently got on the comp list on the first week of October. Would you currently know how many open slots are available for FSA and based on your comment from one of your answer below, does that mean the next job offer rounds are going to happen in late December/ early January?

"Normally Recruiting gets it's new numbers in late December/early January and starts processing by end January/early February (depending on occupation/entry plan)." ---> One of your answers.

Falsey87 said:
Hey Buck,

I called 2-3 weeks ago, ive been told there were selection on 29th Sept. and 16th Oct. for Steward, i got no call yet :( Do you know if by now its more likely to go to spring or can i expect a call any time ?

Thanks!  :cowboy:

I'm not aware of a selection that occured on 16 Oct for NCM's.  With that said there are approx 20% of steward positions remaining as of today's date.  Please note that when you receive a 'projected' selection date from the CFRC (or anyone else) this is purely a projected date and the selection can be moved or cancelled for a multitude of reasons. When selections do occur you should wait 1-2 weeks from the selection date to be informed.  The selection date is the day that the selection board sits and picks who will receive an offer; there is still a massive amount of work to occur between that stage and when the applicant is actually given their offer.

Keys_13 said:
Hey Buck,

Just a quick question.

I recently got on the comp list on the first week of October. Would you currently know how many open slots are available for FSA and based on your comment from one of your answer below, does that mean the next job offer rounds are going to happen in late December/ early January?

"Normally Recruiting gets it's new numbers in late December/early January and starts processing by end January/early February (depending on occupation/entry plan)." ---> One of your answers.

Almost 40% of the FSA positions are still open as of today's date.  The statement that you've quoted is in relation to next year's numbers (i.e. when a occupation reaches 0 remaining, when do the numbers come out for the next year); not in relation to occupations that still have openings for this year.

Cheers,
Buck

Hello floks,
I am in competition list from the beginning of Sept for Infantry DEO. Is anybody got a call for Infantry DEO recently? Recruiters told me there are many openings and I have a very good chance for the selection but I still did not receive any offers. I was curious,  what can be the possible reasons, my selection is been hold off, can anybody advise me?
Please and Thanks

I am in competition list from the beginning of Sept for Infantry DEO. Is anybody got a call for Infantry DEO recently? Recruiters told me there are many openings and I have a very good chance for the selection but I still did not receive any offers. I was curious,  what can be the possible reasons, my selection is been hold off, can anybody advise me?

"Selections for all enrollment plans with the exception of ROTP continue to be ongoing on a monthly (or twice a month basis).  Yes it's true that BMOQ are now January & March 2018; however this does not stop selections from occurring.  The only time selections will cease is when an occupation is filled for the year; and at the moment there are still quite a few officer occupations that are not at "0" remaining for the year"

"In my years of working within Recruiting I don't think I've seen a year where there where unfilled DEO positions by the end of the year; and they didn't do a mass fill. Right now the delay in selecting DEO's is that there are only so many BMOQ positions, so selections are occurring based on priority hiring (i.e. only those with the highest scores are being selected right now)."

Those are two quotes from Buck's answer 2 pages above. I pay close attention to his responds. HE IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back