• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
QuintusCato said:
Hello,

Do we have any information regarding crewman selection dates and numbers? Thanks.

For dates please make sure to review the sticky threads part of this forum; however I posted this response on Page 61

Buck_HRA said:
GENERAL RESPONSE

In regards to dates: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0
This is going to be the most specific I will be.  I don't give specific dates as then people expect that if a selection occurs on 5 Oct that they'll be told on 6 Oct and this is not the case.  For any future requests for "actual dates" I will respond with that link, many factors play a role in whether a selection occurs; however that link provides information on selection date information on all entry plans.

Numbers:
As of today's date there are approx. 40% of the Crewman positions that remain open.

Cheers

I received an email response from the General Customer Service address at Intake Management the other day which included the following information: "The date of **-Dec-2017 is the projected date to have the second half of your processing completed." Would anyone have more information regarding exactly what this means?

Applying DEO MARS, Started process Sept. 11, 17. CFAT, TSD and MOST done. The above info was included in response to a question I had when I replied to the approved for further processing email indicating that an appointment for medical/interview would be coming soon.

thanks everyone for the help, it was a long process. Just have a strong heart, believe in yourself, and you'll do great. Godbless everyone! If anyone needs help with the CFAT just message me.  :remembrance:

Tollis said:
Are there still any HRA positions for the year?

As of today's date there are approx 50% of the HRA (Unskilled) positions remaining.

Hello Folks,

First of all, I would like to thank all contributors to this site who take time and patience to supply us, applicants, with useful information while explaining the process in detail. I have been paying attention to this forum for the past few months now, and it has been very helpful.

I have a couple questions that other DEO applicants may find of interest.

1. Selection dates for DEO MARS - I realize that about a month and a half ago there was a reply from Buck_HRA saying that about 50% of MARS openings are still outstanding for this year. My overall feeling on this specialization is that there hasn't been much happening with MARS selections since pretty much July 2017. Maybe, a few isolated candidates got selected here and there, but overall, not a whole lot of activity. Considering that there is only 1/3 of the fiscal 2017/2018 left, is there an anticipation for an upcoming largish selection any time soon? By researching this forum, I found an indication that in 2016, there was a MARS selection around end of November - early December. I wonder if a similar thing going to happen this year. Any information on the subject will be highly appreciated  :nod:

2. Selection dates and # of openings for DEO MSEO - I am aware that this is a very small specialization, but I listed it as my first choice. Any information on openings for Marine Systems Engineering Officers left for the year or possible selection dates would be great to know.

Thank you!

Living the Dream said:
Hello Folks,

First of all, I would like to thank all contributors to this site who take time and patience to supply us, applicants, with useful information while explaining the process in detail. I have been paying attention to this forum for the past few months now, and it has been very helpful.

I have a couple questions that other DEO applicants may find of interest.

1. Selection dates for DEO MARS - I realize that about a month and a half ago there was a reply from Buck_HRA saying that about 50% of MARS openings are still outstanding for this year. My overall feeling on this specialization is that there hasn't been much happening with MARS selections since pretty much July 2017. Maybe, a few isolated candidates got selected here and there, but overall, not a whole lot of activity. Considering that there is only 1/3 of the fiscal 2017/2018 left, is there an anticipation for an upcoming largish selection any time soon? By researching this forum, I found an indication that in 2016, there was a MARS selection around end of November - early December. I wonder if a similar thing going to happen this year. Any information on the subject will be highly appreciated  :nod:

2. Selection dates and # of openings for DEO MSEO - I am aware that this is a very small specialization, but I listed it as my first choice. Any information on openings for Marine Systems Engineering Officers left for the year or possible selection dates would be great to know.

Thank you!

Some updates:

(1) Maritime Surface and Sub-Surface (MARS), MOSID 00207 has changed to Naval Warfare Officer (NWO), still MOSID 00207.  At the moment there is no information on the next selection for this occupation; however there are still plenty of positions that are available.

(2) For the occupation you call "MSEO" - the proper abbreviation is "MS Eng"; I'm only letting you know this so that when you ask questions in the future people know what occupation you're wanting information on (this avoids confusion as the CAF used to have a occupation with the abbreviation "MESO").  MS Eng is closed for the 2017/2018 recruiting year.

General Note:
This is not the thread to put your processing updates: please use the following thread: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/13064.6200.html
The individuals who put their processing updates will have their posts moved.

Thank you

Hey Buck, did any positions for Weapons Technician Land open up all of a sudden? (And all other trades as well)
The Forces Job website is all lit up with 99.9% of trades set to"Now Hiring" and I never really see it like that.
I'm assuming this also could be that they just got their numbers for next year and this is just prepping for new applicants for the 2018/2019 intake?

Thank you for your time.

Primus said:
I'm assuming this also could be that they just got their numbers for next year and this is just prepping for new applicants for the 2018/2019 intake?
Correct

Officially the CAF is still processing for FY 17/18; however the tentative numbers for 18/19 have been uploaded into the Recruiting System which means "Attraction Operations" has commenced for 18/19 which is why the website is showing most occupations/entry plans as "Now Hiring".

Buck_HRA said:
Correct

Officially the CAF is still processing for FY 17/18; however the tentative numbers for 18/19 have been uploaded into the Recruiting System which means "Attraction Operations" has commenced for 18/19 which is why the website is showing most occupations/entry plans as "Now Hiring".

So would someone waiting on a closed occupation ( nurse and HCA) be likely to potentially get an offer from these new numbers in the near future, or would it still be after April 1st when they start actually offering positions?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white-1 said:
So would someone waiting on a closed occupation ( nurse and HCA) be likely to potentially get an offer from these new numbers in the near future, or would it still be after April 1st when they start actually offering positions?

Attractions have commenced for 18/19, this means that processing is open for those who're applying and processing for CFAT/TSD/Interviews, etc can commence; however if you're already in the system and waiting for an Offer, other than ROTP, offers will not normally start for the 18/19 year until March (normally mid/late).

Roger123 said:
Wondering if they are still hiring for  PLT, ACSO and AEC for the 17/18 intake.

PLT DEO - Yes (approx 34% of positions remain open as of today's date)
ACSO DEO - Yes (approx 10% of positions remain open as of today's date)
AEC DEO - Yes (approx 30% of positions remain open as of today's date)

At my local recruit center they told me to expect nothing before christmas break. If anyone has any other information they are welcome ! Sorry for the not so good news.

rcafthrowaway2017 said:
Good day all,

Does anyone have information on when the next Pilot DEO selection date will be?

Thank you in advance.

Selection Date Information: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html

carpeboi said:
At my local recruit center they told me to expect nothing before christmas break. If anyone has any other information they are welcome ! Sorry for the not so good news.

That could be local to that recruiting centre as I know for fact that there is at least one more selection occurring at the Headquarters prior to Christmas break.

Buck_HRA said:
That could be local to that recruiting centre as I know for fact that there is at least one more selection occurring at the Headquarters prior to Christmas break.

Thanks Buck_HRA

I call back my recruitment center in the last minute and they still told me there are no selection in December. As always for the 4th last month they also said there is 6 positions remains in my trade. The number never change even if a friend of mine got an offert and accepted it. I know they have to deal with a lot of applicant. I'm not trying to say they don't correctly do their job. But I just get merit listed because they do some mistake in my folder and I lost a precious time because of this. But mistakes happen,  I can't wait to get in and just want to get the right information.

My trade choice is now update for ACSO trade only. So I hope this is why they said no selection in December.

Thank you for your help Buck_HRA
Sorry for the not so good english !

Hello Buck_HRA & All.

Can you (Buck_HRA) please state the percent available positions for AERE and CELE Officer, if still open for 2017/18? I have been on the competition list for a few months now and have not received "the call". Also, if I am selected and my RC does call me, they will leave a voicemail, correct?

Greatly appreciative.

carpeboi said:
Thanks Buck_HRA

I call back my recruitment center in the last minute and they still told me there are no selection in December. As always for the 4th last month they also said there is 6 positions remains in my trade. The number never change even if a friend of mine got an offert and accepted it. I know they have to deal with a lot of applicant. I'm not trying to say they don't correctly do their job. But I just get merit listed because they do some mistake in my folder and I lost a precious time because of this. But mistakes happen,  I can't wait to get in and just want to get the right information.

My trade choice is now update for ACSO trade only. So I hope this is why they said no selection in December.

Thank you for your help Buck_HRA
Sorry for the not so good english !

There is indeed a selection that is occurring this week, they were preparing for it today and it's happening tomorrow. 
I'm not 100% sure which occupations are up for selection, but I know for fact that there is a selection.

Hey Buck_HRA, do you by any chance know when they will be hiring artillery NCM's?
EDIT: Forgot to mention, I was asking about Primary Reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back