• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanthony said:
I've read that the hold up is all because of limited BMOQ spots for DEO candidates, is there a reasonably approximate date where these DEO spots at BMOQ will once again be freeing up?
That is true.  CFRG HQ holds the authority for recruiting and intake; however BMQ/BMOQ serials are controlled by CFLRS (Canadian Forces Leadership & Recruit School); at the moment CFLRS hasn't given it's course information to CFRG HQ for BMOQ so there's a delay.  I have been told this is in the process of being resolved; however that's the problem as it exists today.

OceanBonfire said:
Now I'm disappointed at the recruiter who told me back in late Spring of last year that there were no more positions available for DEO Int (which my degree is well suited for) and I settled for DEO Log.

DEO Int is very selective. While a person's education may meet the minimum requirements, it may not meet the preferred.  For DEO Int the preferred is a master degree, or an undergraduate with experience in int (e.g. CSIS).

Hope this helps.

Hey Buck,
Looking to see if projected Pilot Selections for Feb went through and if there is any 17/18 spots remaining.

Piece of Cake said:
DEO Int is very selective. While a person's education may meet the minimum requirements, it may not meet the preferred.  For DEO Int the preferred is a master degree, or an undergraduate with experience in int (e.g. CSIS).

Hope this helps.

Good Day, I'm not sure where you're getting this information but a Masters Degree is not "preferred" for IntO. 

For academics, the ideal is a Baccalaureate degree in Conflict Studies, Computer Science, Global Studies/Development, History, International Relations/Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Political Science/Polics or a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers.  There is no mention of a Masters Degree in the Entry Standards.

As for the experience, the request is that someone has deployed operational experience (6 months cumulative) or at least 1 year of experience working in an intelligence or security position at a government agency department (e.g. CBA, CSC, CSE, CSIS, DFATD, DND, CAF, FINTRAC, OPP, PCO, PSC, RCMP, SQ, TC) or has attained the Source Handling Operator Course.

Roger123 said:
Hey Buck,
Looking to see if projected Pilot Selections for Feb went through and if there is any 17/18 spots remaining.
There was not a Selections for Pilot yet in February.  As of today's date there are still 20 positions remaining for Pilot DEO for 17/18.

Buck_HRA said:
Good Day, I'm not sure where you're getting this information but a Masters Degree is not "preferred" for IntO. 

For academics, the ideal is a Baccalaureate degree in Conflict Studies, Computer Science, Global Studies/Development, History, International Relations/Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Political Science/Polics or a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers.  There is no mention of a Masters Degree in the Entry Standards.

As for the experience, the request is that someone has deployed operational experience (6 months cumulative) or at least 1 year of experience working in an intelligence or security position at a government agency department (e.g. CBA, CSC, CSE, CSIS, DFATD, DND, CAF, FINTRAC, OPP, PCO, PSC, RCMP, SQ, TC) or has attained the Source Handling Operator Course.
There was not a Selections for Pilot yet in February.  As of today's date there are still 20 positions remaining for Pilot DEO for 17/18.

There is a lot of mis-information out there.  For example, on CAF's own website it says;

HARDING: Or if you already have a degree in Geography, Economics, Journalism, International Studies or a related field from a Canadian university, you can move straight to the Forces under what’s called the Direct Entry plan with an officer’s salary, benefits and pension kicking in the day you join.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/career-options/fields-work/other-specialty-occupations/intelligence-officer.html#overview
click on transcript.

As for the Master degree, I will attempt to locate the source, and post when it is found. As for now, I stand corrected.  Thanks Buck.

Piece of Cake said:

Hope this helps.

Piece of Cake said:
There is a lot of mis-information out there.  For example, on CAF's own website it says;

HARDING: Or if you already have a degree in Geography, Economics, Journalism, International Studies or a related field from a Canadian university, you can move straight to the Forces under what’s called the Direct Entry plan with an officer’s salary, benefits and pension kicking in the day you join.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/career-options/fields-work/other-specialty-occupations/intelligence-officer.html#overview
click on transcript.

As for the Master degree, I will attempt to locate the source, and post when it is found. As for now, I stand corrected.  Thanks Buck.

I don't know where you get your information but when I applied years ago for ROTP - Civilian University (declined the offer) and now for DEO, nowhere did it mentioned a Master's degree as a preference back then for DEO in the previous forces.gc.ca layout nor in the current layout.

Some of the videos are extremely old and haven't been updated for a very long time. Preferences should be considered as undefinitive preferences.

OceanBonfire said:
I don't know where you get your information but when I applied years ago for ROTP - Civilian University (declined the offer) and now for DEO, nowhere did it mentioned a Master's degree as a preference back then for DEO in the previous forces.gc.ca layout nor in the current layout.

OceanBonfire said:
Now I'm disappointed at the recruiter who told me back in late Spring of last year that there were no more positions available for DEO Int (which my degree is well suited for) and I settled for DEO Log.

Hi OceanBonfire,

If you're interested in how to be more competitive for DEO int, I recommend that you speak with someone at the CFRC.

Good luck.

Piece of Cake said:

click on transcript.

That is not part of the CAF website persay: considering the transcript starts off with

"I’m Major Jim Godefroy. I’m an Intelligence Officer from Montreal, Quebec, and I work at the Canadian Forces Joint Imagery Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

And I’m Lieutenant Navy Sharlene Harding from Brampton, Ontario. I’m an Intelligence Officer serving with the Canadian Forces Support Training Group in Kingston."

The people in the video are Captain Nicholas Weishaar and Major Raphael Guy; so right there that should tell you the the transcript is not accurate.

I will let the Virtual Recruiting team know about the issue so that it can be taken up the Chain of Command and fixed.

Piece of Cake said:
Hi OceanBonfire,

If you're interested in how to be more competitive for DEO int, I recommend that you speak with someone at the CFRC.

Good luck.

I don't know where you're going with this but I went through the whole application process so I did spoke to recruiters and MCCs at my recruiting center for all the occupations I was interested in.

Hi! I'm wondering if there was any selection for ROTP Pilot for current FY and how many spots are left currently.
Thanks in advance.

Good evening, Buck. Do you have any information about how many SEELM Physio spots are available for the 2018/19 FY and when selection might start occurring for them?

Thanks.

Good Evening
    I was wondering if you could provide some information on the CEOTP-Pilot program. It is my understanding that this entry program is not normally fully filled and was wondering if selection for 17/18 is still possible or if it will be the 18/19 FY.  Also if possible could you provide details on how of this program is selected off the merit list. In the posting of entry program and selection dates there is no listing for CEOTP.  Is it selected on its own or does it fall under ROTP or DEO selection dates?

Thanks for The help.

Is there any news on the last selection date(s) for the 2017/2018 FY? I imagine they will be happening soon before we rollover to the 2018/2019 FY intake.

Thanks

Hey Buck any idea when the next selection is for comm’s research is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Buck
Just want to know that if selection occurred on 28th Feb or again it's been cancelled. And If it occurred, does any Infantry officer selected?
Thanks

I haven't been on this forum in a long time.
I am just wondering that since the new fiscal year starts in April (at least that is what my recruiting ctr said) I am curious to know how many sup tech position are currently available. I know right now it says 'direct entry', but I am just curious. Kinda interesting how I never see anyone mentioning about joining that trade.

Ryan_T said:
I haven't been on this forum in a long time.
I am just wondering that since the new fiscal year starts in April (at least that is what my recruiting ctr said) I am curious to know how many sup tech position are currently available. I know right now it says 'direct entry', but I am just curious. Kinda interesting how I never see anyone mentioning about joining that trade.
i just mentioned it 2-3 post ago :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back