• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 11th, 2017 BMQ

WestGirl36

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I just accepted my offer today for this serial. Looking to start a group for others with the same BMQ date!
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats , I am hoping to get into BMQ September as well , medical was done last week and now just waiting.. how long did you have to wait after you're medical and interview before you got the offer?

Thanks! I did my interview/medical back in Nov 2016 but I was waiting on a PLAR to be completed so that's why it took so long to be merit listed. Once merit listed I received an offer in a couple weeks. Although every trade is different. Fingers crossed for you.

coolstorybro said:
congrats , I am hoping to get into BMQ September as well , medical was done last week and now just waiting.. how long did you have to wait after you're medical and interview before you got the offer?

Hey same with me! Hope I can make september too.

Which trade are you going into? have you completed you're interview and medical as well? and just waiting for the offer?

coolstorybro said:
Which trade are you going into? have you completed you're interview and medical as well? and just waiting for the offer?

I'm going into aircrew trades, I applied for 1. airbourne sensory operator & 2. aerospace control operator.

And yes, I just finished all my medical a few weeks ago. They're still processing it in Ottawa, so hopefully soon I can be on the merit list. I keep hearing mixed things about how long it takes to get a job offer, but time will tell.

How about yourself?

ceramicoatmeal said:
I'm going into aircrew trades, I applied for 1. airbourne sensory operator & 2. aerospace control operator.

And yes, I just finished all my medical a few weeks ago. They're still processing it in Ottawa, so hopefully soon I can be on the merit list. I keep hearing mixed things about how long it takes to get a job offer, but time will tell.

How about yourself?

Infantry for me, I just sent an email to them asking if they knew where I am at ect, is that what you did to find out your application is still being processed in Ottawa? I had to provide a document from my eye doctor as I had laser eye a few years back but I got that done all in the same day and returned the form... really hoping to get in for Sept, where are you from?

coolstorybro said:
Infantry for me, I just sent an email to them asking if they knew where I am at ect, is that what you did to find out your application is still being processed in Ottawa? I had to provide a document from my eye doctor as I had laser eye a few years back but I got that done all in the same day and returned the form... really hoping to get in for Sept, where are you from?
You can also call them, they'll usually tell you on the spot if something has happened.

I'm from the GTA, I did all my recruiting activities at the Hamilton office. Yourself?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ceramicoatmeal said:
You can also call them, they'll usually tell you on the spot if something has happened.

I'm from the GTA, I did all my recruiting activities at the Hamilton office. Yourself?

OK thank you, I'll wait for the email response , since we both completed our testing around the same time I'd assume we would be processed to BMQ around the same time frame ... I am ready to get started!! , I am from London

Also if we get to BMQ in sept it will work out good for us since I believe most of the Forces go on xmas leave for 3 weeks in dec and that will be right around the time we complete BMQ and will give use a break before we start DP1 ( but what do I know I'm just assuming  ;D)

coolstorybro said:
OK thank you, I'll wait for the email response , since we both completed our testing around the same time I'd assume we would be processed to BMQ around the same time frame ... I am ready to get started!! , I am from London

Also if we get to BMQ in sept it will work out good for us since I believe most of the Forces go on xmas leave for 3 weeks in dec and that will be right around the time we complete BMQ and will give use a break before we start DP1 ( but what do I know I'm just assuming  ;D)
Same here, I am looking forward to going and getting started. I wanted to join the forces for a while but am finally doing it!

September would be very convienient for us, crossing fingers but I'm cautious. All I can do in the meantime to practice is force myself to do lots of bodyweight exercises lol.

I love your guy's enthusiasm. Hopefully you'll hear back soon but keep in mind there are many things that come into play once you're merit listed. It's very hard to guess your BMQ date. I was told back in December that I should be good to go to BMQ in April; obviously that didn't happen. There can be snags in the processing even when you think you're close. Hoping for the best for you guys!

Also this BMQ date finishes up December 1 so there wouldn't be Christmas break from CFLRS. Maybe there would be from wherever we go next? I'm not sure. I'll be heading to NETP for my naval qualification.

Again wishing you the best! The time will come. :)

ceramicoatmeal said:
Same here, I am looking forward to going and getting started. I wanted to join the forces for a while but am finally doing it!

September would be very convienient for us, crossing fingers but I'm cautious. All I can do in the meantime to practice is force myself to do lots of bodyweight exercises lol.

It's always been my dream and finally doing it as well , Iv always worked out 5 days a week but focusing more on my cardio now.

5KM in 20 mins
2.4km in 10 mins
Level 9 in shuttle run

Are my cardio goals prior to BMQ , strength is already there :)

I also have to prepare myself for battle school after BMQ which is what I'm preparing myself for now as I want to be ready for DP1 .. I don't think BMQ is going to be all that hard in respects to the physical aspect , as long as you come in decent shape you will be OK - I think it's more about attitude / team work ... we will see :p

coolstorybro said:
It's always been my dream and finally doing it as well , Iv always worked out 5 days a week but focusing more on my cardio now.

5KM in 20 mins
2.4km in 10 mins
Level 9 in shuttle run

Are my cardio goals prior to BMQ , strength is already there :)

I also have to prepare myself for battle school after BMQ which is what I'm preparing myself for now as I want to be ready for DP1 .. I don't think BMQ is going to be all that hard in respects to the physical aspect , as long as you come in decent shape you will be OK - I think it's more about attitude / team work ... we will see :p

I'm doing Infantry too and I start September 4, we might see each other there (if not at BMQ/DP1 then hopefully when posted to a battalion). I've been training too, I've always wanted to join the army as well. :)

Anyways, good luck with your application, just keep training and don't lose hope about being selected. I know the wait was grueling for me.

By the way, in terms of training, I usually alternate between doing cardio one day and strength the next just to give some of my muscles a rest while training the others.

Yeah I gotta get my cardio up. Don't even remember the last time I ran 5k.

Infant_Tree said:
I'm doing Infantry too and I start September 4, we might see each other there (if not at BMQ/DP1 then hopefully when posted to a battalion). I've been training too, I've always wanted to join the army as well. :)

Anyways, good luck with your application, just keep training and don't lose hope about being selected. I know the wait was grueling for me.

By the way, in terms of training, I usually alternate between doing cardio one day and strength the next just to give some of my muscles a rest while training the others.

Hey thanks! the medic just called me today they haven't even submitted my forms yet , if I didn't email them I don't think they would have known I dropped of the medial forms they requested ... 2 weeks ago

so... now I'm guessing I won't make it in for september if my medical hasn't even been sent to Ottawa ... this waiting is killing me 

coolstorybro said:
Hey thanks! the medic just called me today they haven't even submitted my forms yet , if I didn't email them I don't think they would have known I dropped of the medial forms they requested ... 2 weeks ago

so... now I'm guessing I won't make it in for september if my medical hasn't even been sent to Ottawa ... this waiting is killing me

Have you completed all the other steps such as background check, reference check, and interview?

Infant_Tree said:
Have you completed all the other steps such as background check, reference check, and interview?

Interview was done May 18th (passed)

References have been called

Background check not sure if it's completed (do they let you know after it's done?)

And Medical is complete (again he didn't specify if I passed the medical) (think I passed?)

I really haven't been given much information , do they contact you after each step is complete?

No they don't contact you with updates. I had to email them myself whenever I wanted a status update. Other than that, you just have to wait.

Infant_Tree said:
No they don't contact you with updates. I had to email them myself whenever I wanted a status update. Other than that, you just have to wait.

Where do you hope to get posted? I'm hoping for Petawawa  as I live in Ontario

Back