• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Actually, Army.ca has been frustrating for the last several days (maybe more than a week). While the rest of the Internet is consistently fast on my system down here, Army.ca's speed goes up and down and then up and down again - like the knickers of that woman of ill repute I mentioned a couple of days back.

Given the performance of the rest of the net, I must conclude that something is not quite right with the site or with Mike's connections - good ol' Bell.

After a fast start this morning (here in warm, sunny Texas) we're back to 15-30 seconds being required to load a page or post a message at 1155 Hrs CST.

The whole internet is slow this frigid night.  Frustrating.  May have to crawl into bed with

George Wallace said:
The whole internet is slow this frigid night.  Frustrating.  May have to crawl into bed with

Did you forget to change the hamster on the wheel again?

Cruising along fine here.....

The Internet is fine down here (where it is a mild (60oF) evening) - even Army.ca is a bit faster than usual, but not nearly as fast as it was in late fall.

The only page I can get to load is air-force.ca. All others of the Milnet family are not loading. I can access all the forums through air-force.ca as well.

Now I can access the milnet and navy home pages but I can't access the forums through them. I can still access the forums through air-force. I still can't find hide nor hair of the army home page.

I restarted my computer and still no army.ca. I renewed my IP address with the same result. I flushed my dns cache and suddenly army.ca showed up. I can access the forums through air-force milnet and army home pages but not navy right now. Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

One of our 2 DSL connections was down again... it's back now. Sorry for the delay folks!

I guess air-force.ca was still available to me last night because it has a different IP address than the other home pages.

Actually they all share both IPs. When your browser looks up air-force.ca, it get back both IPs, and then just picks one to use for that domain. If it picks the one that's up, you're in business. If it picks the one that's down, you'll time out or take a really long time to fail over to the correct IP. That's why one domain may appear to work while another doesn't. It's not a perfect system by far, but it keeps us going when one connection goes down at least.

Army.ca is very slow again - 30± secs (more + than -) to load a page.

The rest of the Internet is fast as normal here in warm (55oF at 0730 Hrs) sunny Dallas.

Site speed seems to be fluctuating.  Some pages load quickly, while others take approx 30 seconds.

I had problems with the site speed yesterday in my usual browser (camino).
I change for Safari and things are better.

I only ever find it to lag when I refresh the page (using F5), but If I refresh it by pressing the HOME tab its bing bang zap'n fast haha.

Back