• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

No obvious problems here... Anyone else seeing problems?

Mike

Much better now...may have been a local problem>

Cheers,

tango22a

Do we have another dropped connection?

I can login, navigate and post from here (Dallas, TX), albeit very slowly, on Air-Force.ca and Navy.ca but not on Army.ca or Milnet.ca.

Yep, it's been pretty slow here this morning.  I had to access the site with the "old" address.

Yep, a connection went down... sorry it took a couple of hours for me to notice. :(

Seems the site is falling asleep.......and loading slooooooowly and then wakingupandloading quickly.........then dozing off again.......

The site has gone slow over the past half hour or so (since about 0730 Central Time). Surely that's not another April Fool prank.

Sadly no... any slowness is legitimate. Can't say that about much else today. ;)

All day pages have either not been loading or only portions of pages (only this site). This evening the porblem is worse with no connection to the site at all at times.

I've seen things a bit slow but not worse than that in the last couple of hours. Must be luck of the draw.

(No, I'm not sitting right next to the server, though sometimes that's why it's fast for me. ;))

kratz said:
All day pages have either not been loading or only portions of pages (only this site). This evening the porblem is worse with no connection to the site at all at times.

I have been having the same problems and overall recent performance has been about a 3/10.

Quite frustrating  :nod:

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
I have been having the same problems and overall recent performance has been about a 3/10.

Quite frustrating  :nod:

OWDU

Of course its slow, look how far it has to go. ;D

Cheers.

I found the problem. A few days ago I upgraded to IE8 and thought nothing of it as everything was working well. I had never thought to use the new function, "Compatibility View". I reset my browser defaults this morning and clicked on that option and now Navy.ca is running smooth again. So it was defiantly my system and not the site. I hope this helps anyone else with similar problems.

If it is what milnet can  offer, no complaints. Thanks for the free membership although I intend to donate 5 bucks a month or more if things go well for me.

George Wallace said:
Must be a lot of web crawlers out tonight.  Site seems to be sluggish.

There seems to be about 50 on the site tonight

Yahoo! (13), MSN (10), Google, Cuil (6), Baidu (13), Ask (6), Alexa

Again last night the site just idled, and I could not even amend a post until about 5 hrs later.

Could you connect at all, or was it just really (really, really) slow?

The site let me in over time, and let me post. I went to amend, and it began to open, but 20 mins later was still in the process. I then got out, tried again. The site let me in, very slowly, then when I went to get into that thread, it again idled, and in over 10 mins, did nothing. Hence I got out, and came back later.

Its slow right now, but a 1000% better than yesterday.

Cheers,

Wes

Back