• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

...and the plan is, lightning fast from here on out.

My sincere thanks and apologies to all who have put up with the excruciating speeds for the last 6+ months.

Great job Mike. Spent the last two days without army.ca and it was horrible. :(

WAY TO GO MIKE!!!  Wonderful! Super!  FANTASTIC!  Now pages load in seconds, instead of taking a piece of forever.  Thank you. 

Thanks Mike!

It's a heck of a lot faster.

~Lotsa chocolate Easter eggs for you!!

You are probably aware of this Mike, but the spellchecker icon does not show when you are posting...

Faster is great news, strangly enough I have spent about 30 hrs in army.ca withdrawl, as the DNS error has been coming up since early yesterday morning, which meant zero access to this site.

Was anyone else experiencing this tempory loss of the site?

OWDU

Thanks for the info GAP, just had a look at the unread posts, and there definatly was a gap (no pun intended ) ;Dd in timings.

Cheers,

Wes

Overwatch Downunder said:
Thanks for the info GAP, just had a look at the unread posts, and there definatly was a gap (no pun intended ) ;Dd in timings.

Cheers,

Wes

Wes, it's amazing how much this place is like a cozy armchair, isn't it?

I didn't know Mike was working on the site and had to contact someone in Northern Ontario to find out if I was the only person affected.

~Was worried.

Wes,

I took the whole thing down and transferred it over to a new server... just finished the initial stages tonight.

GAP, thanks for the note about spell checker, I hadn't noticed. Iyt shud bee fyxd nao. :D

Overwatch Downunder said:
Faster is great news, strangly enough I have spent about 30 hrs in army.ca withdrawl, as the DNS error has been coming up since early yesterday morning, which meant zero access to this site.

Was anyone else experiencing this tempory loss of the site?

OWDU

Yes, I was trying to get on the site earlier in the day and got the DNS error message several times but this new speed was worth it.  Very nice not having to wait for a page to load piece by piece. 

Mike Bobbitt said:
Wes,

I took the whole thing down and transferred it over to a new server... just finished the initial stages tonight.

Good to see Mike. A much waited improvement, as this ongoing battle with delays was depressing to say the least.

Looking forward to 'speedier' times ahead.

Cheers,

Wes

The speed difference is like going from Dialup to DSL... great job!

Great job on getting the site up to speed so to speak,
and yes like someone said " Its like Going from dial up to DSL".
Keep up the good work.

Back