• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sewing in BMQ

John0494

Inactive
Reaction score
So I'm told there'll be quite a bit of sewing of your name on your stuff that you receive in BMQ, I'm curious if it's your full name ?
Example(s):
"Frank Gallagher"
"F.Gallagher"
"Gallagher"
Or will it just be initials that need to be sewed on? "F.G"
(Clearly Frank Gallagher is not my name, and simply just a fictional named used to explain my question)
I also have quite the long last name
:cdn:

It's course dependent sometimes, but typically it's either your last name and the last 3 of your service number or the first 4 of your last name and the last 3 of your service number.
So it ends up looking like
BLOGGINS 999 or
BLOG 999

The location of the label will also depend on your staff.

John0494 said:
So I'm told there'll be quite a bit of sewing of your name on your stuff that you receive in BMQ, I'm curious if it's your full name ?
Example(s):
"Frank Gallagher"
"F.Gallagher"
"Gallagher"
(Clearly Frank Gallagher is not my name, and simply just a fictional named used to explain my question)

You write your name and service number on a little piece of fabric tape and stitch that on, so that you can find your stuff if you do laundry in bulk, etc.  You're not going to be stitching individual letters.

No, it doesn't look good.

Haha, hope the Frank Gallagher was a reference to Shameless... anyways- like what was previously stated. The fabric tape with Name/Service Numbers is what I've seen. Good luck!

Im a week in at BMQ And I am literally looking at the list of things that need to be either sewn onto things or that need sticky tape labels attached. I can tell you that there was somewhere in the vicinity of about 250 items! And they’re due by this Friday. On top of everything else. Do yourself a favor and learn how to sew!

Get one of those fine-tipped sharpies for writing labels. You can find label tape a bunch of places, or just wait until you get to St Jean and get it from the canex on your first trip there.
While I was there, I heard that a guy on a different platoon had a hand-held sewing punch (best way I can describe it) sort of like a stapler. If you can find one, GET IT. Use it for your labels then lend it out to the slower people on your platoon to help them catch up. Also that's lend, not loan.
I'd suggest you hide anything you get to make it easier to label your kit, though. Some staff might flip out, but most would probably be impressed to be honest.

John0494 said:
Example(s):
"Frank Gallagher"
"F.Gallagher"
"Gallagher"

from what i saw at bmq all the sewing is first 4 of last name and service number thats what we were told to sew on, and the sewing all depending on ur staff really means nothing most of it fall off cause everyones awful at sewing, for kit return they told us to remove all the labels we sewed on. too bad I was missing 70% off the labels anyway

Back